[SSPL][DFT] HowTo flash custom OS

Search This thread

sergienko4

May 25, 2010
not work :(

I downloaded the file, and it does not work: (
I realized I needed to download another file, where I take it?

colonel

Dec 15, 2005
london
just to post my experience

I was trying to use this SSPL to update an O2 UK HD Mini (SIM unlocked) to generic Europe version 1.36.401.1

Every time I ran DFT_SSPL_MINI.exe it proceeded through (me pressing yes on HD Mini to run program) until mini went to multi-colour screen which correctly said USB at the bottom.

My PC (windows XP) said updating, but hung at zero%.
Eventually an error came up on the PC say "COMMUNICATION ERROR". this left the HD mini is tri-colour boot mode. I had to take battery out to reset.

This happened many times.

However, i solved the problem like this.
After the error occured on the PC, I left the HD mini in tricolour mode, exited the update program on the PC and ran DFT_SSPL_MINI.exe again, keeping the HTC HD mini connected and in the tri-colour mode.

After clicking through it instantly conncted and updated the device.

so it all works!

but note the instructions at the top of the thread say that the update won't work if the device is in tri-colour mode. For me it did (although obviously already connected to the PC).

BTW this SSPL does not allow radio update. Therefore the radio update did not apply.
The data connection does work now. Hoever I would prefer to have the radio in the update package (.38 in europe as oppposed to the .18 in the O2 rom)

Does anyone know how I can bypass the "stop" to the radio implementing in a full shipped package (i.e. not a separate radio update)

Last edited:

darkzi

Jun 10, 2010
problem with installing

i used this sspl for updation my mini from 1.07 to 1.36 rom WWE. Update is completed succesfully. After that i try to restore my bakup file using SPB backup program and restore prosess remaining 15 %. and phone has restarted and it doesnt opening now. I tried to flash old rom 1.07 but after %1 it stopped and saying " wrong vender id". and my phone doenst working now. How can i solve this problem. please help me...

sammyrano

Jun 24, 2010
Veracruz
Question about Radio

Hi all,

I got my HTC Mini Asia version and I'm using it in NorthAmerica, I know that Telstra made some changes on the HTC mobiles that they are selling to let them work with Telstra's 3G network.

Is there a question to change the frequencies of HTC Mini to let it use the 850 MHz frecuency for our 3G network?

alex.pgw

May 29, 2010
SSPL_RUU.exe

I'm sorry. I have been following the progress for the hd mini. May i know where can i download the SSPL_RUU.exe ??? I am having a hd mini ver1.07.401.1, i want to flash it to 1.07.7. Can anyone help me ???
Thanks a lot.

TMOVILCOM

Jul 2, 2008
Htc mini t5555 ssl dont work

I try many times only Boot 3 color but dont pass why?

HTC T5555
PB92100
SPL-1.07.SSL

ENGID 0XF
PCBID 0X880

CotullaSSPL 0X05
TP SYNAPTICS

juliangun4ev

Dec 10, 2008
Hi, I have the same ROM as your Italian one and i want to flash English one but i can't succed. How exactly did you do that ?!
Thanx

Done!! :)
Works Great
Thanx

Last edited:

tigerset

Apr 21, 2010
HI,I used it flash a rom, but failure. And then I can't enter system. After I enter the 3 clour, it show that SPL is 1.07.0000. Who can help me?

tigerset

Apr 21, 2010
DarkForcesTeam SSPL for HTC Photon (Mini)
SSPL allows you to flash custom [not-signed] OS or/and ignore CID check.

How safe is it?

We disabled SPL and Radio flashing, so it can only flash Splashes and OS images.
(To all hackers out there... don’t enable it! else you will BRICK your device)
Worst case is that you destroy your OS partition, in that case you must flash a ship ROM using the original SPL (Vol down on boot run ruu from PC )
We did our best to make it save, else we would not release it for public testing, but anyway, all on your own risk!

How to use it:

• Download the SSPL_RUU.exe and put it into an empty folder
  • Add the RUU_signed.nbh that you want to flash to your device into the same folder
  • Connect the device to the PC, device must be running WM, not show the 3 color screen
  • Run SSPL_RUU.exe

Troubleshooting:

• If you don’t see USB at the bottom of the device screen and the ruu showed a connection error, disconnect the device and connect it again... USB should be there now.
    Then just run the SSPL_RUU.exe again, flashing will start now
  • If the flashing breaks before 100%, stay cool! ... Reset the device and go to Boot loader, then flash a ship rom to the device (Must be the right rom, with the right CID)
    Don’t forget to report that it happened... after you flashed the original ROM back, you can try again.
  • It is possible, that sometimes the screen stays black for 15sec or more before the SSPL 3 color screen shows, if it takes too long, do reset and try again and please report that!!!!
  • "Your OS ROM isn't customized for your hardware. Please reflash the proper ROM code or contact the service center", !!! Problem NOT related to this SSPL !!! ... this means that you flashed a region protected rom... flash back to a ship ROM for your device and stick to ROMs with your region ID... or patch them
    (You might have to remove the battery after flashing back, else it might not boot up)

Disclaimer:

This product is free to use, but at your own risk. We take no
responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by
this unlocking procedure. No warranties of any kind are given.
We have tested our product on several devices and have not
found any problems with it.

What about HSPL? HSPL will be soon :)

DFT team 2010.
HI,I used it flash a rom, but failure.
And then I can't enter system,it shows that "software update failed.please try again.".
After I enter the 3 clour, it show that SPL is 1.07.0000.
Can you help me? Thank you!

leejune

Mar 21, 2010
HEFEI
Keep your PHONTON running and plug the data cable with PC. Then run SSPL till your PNONE display SPL=1.07.sspl.

Waiting the pc install the driver for phone till it display "USB" botom of the 3 color screen . the sspl will run.

If DISPLAY MISTAKE, YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR PHONE IN 3 COLOR, THEN RUN SSPL AGAIN. IT WILL RUN.

leejune

Mar 21, 2010
HEFEI
IF FLASH FALURE, YOU ONLY FLASH YOUR PHONE BY MICROSD CARD.

YOU SHOULD DOWNLOAD THE official rom file. unpack it , select the *.nbh and rename it to PHOTIMG.nbh ;then put it into your card.

(note: the card should be formated to FAT32).

SHUT your phone , press volum key "down" ,at the same time, press open key,
the phone into 3 color screen, bu the tip, complete your flash.

Euch

Feb 5, 2008
Some wierd error

Never mind - the guy 2 posts above me said the same thing :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DarkForcesTeam SSPL for HTC Photon (Mini)
    SSPL allows you to flash custom [not-signed] OS or/and ignore CID check.

How safe is it?

We disabled SPL and Radio flashing, so it can only flash Splashes and OS images.
    Worst case is that you destroy your OS partition, in that case you must flash a ship ROM using the original SPL (Vol down on boot run ruu from PC )
    We did our best to make it save, else we would not release it for public testing, but anyway, all on your own risk!

How to use it:

• Download the SSPL_RUU.exe and put it into an empty folder
    • Add the RUU_signed.nbh that you want to flash to your device into the same folder
    • Connect the device to the PC, device must be running WM, not show the 3 color screen
    • Run SSPL_RUU.exe

Troubleshooting:

• If you don’t see USB at the bottom of the device screen and the ruu showed a connection error, disconnect the device and connect it again... USB should be there now.
      Then just run the SSPL_RUU.exe again, flashing will start now
    • If the flashing breaks before 100%, stay cool! ... Reset the device and go to Boot loader, then flash a ship rom to the device (Must be the right rom, with the right CID)
      Don’t forget to report that it happened... after you flashed the original ROM back, you can try again.
    • It is possible, that sometimes the screen stays black for 15sec or more before the SSPL 3 color screen shows, if it takes too long, do reset and try again and please report that!!!!
    • "Your OS ROM isn't customized for your hardware. Please reflash the proper ROM code or contact the service center", !!! Problem NOT related to this SSPL !!! ... this means that you flashed a region protected rom... flash back to a ship ROM for your device and stick to ROMs with your region ID... or patch them
      (You might have to remove the battery after flashing back, else it might not boot up)

Disclaimer:

This product is free to use, but at your own risk. We take no
    responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by
    this unlocking procedure. No warranties of any kind are given.
    We have tested our product on several devices and have not
    found any problems with it.

What about HSPL? HSPL will be soon :)

DFT team 2010.
    Hi please why is disabled? How to enable this? Im hex edited some lines but could not upload spl to phone. Do you want to enable spl flashing please, I want to try something, please. Is this line? Im changed cache range flush from 0x80000 to 0, but not work. Please let me know by PM how to enable this
    Code:
    Basic block list:
    00011408 sub_11408:
    00011408   /* push LR */
    00011408   /* push R4 */
    00011410   R3 = unk_4CAA4;
    00011414   R4 = 0xac000000;
    00011424   memcpy(R4 | 0xb00000, * R3, 0x80000);
    00011434   CacheRangeFlush(R4 | 0xb00000, 0, 0x7f, R3);
    0001143c   R3 = 0;
    00011444   var_C = R3;
    00011448   R0 = sub_113A8(sub_12000, & var_C, R2, R3);
    0001144c   Cond = R0;
    00011450   if (Cond == 0) goto loc_11464;

00011454   sub_11000(R0, R1, R2, R3);
    00011460   R0 = sub_12000(var_C, sub_1126C, R2, R3);

00011464 loc_11464:
    00011468   /* pop  */
    00011468   return R0;
    Thanks alot for the good work im flashing it now & its on 15% & everything is going well :D thanks alot guys for the god work you've done :)
    SSPL

Very good job !!!! :)
    thanks! i've successfully flashed my device again using Win7. btw, how do i revert to original shipped rom? do i just have to extract the nbh file from the shipped rom package then use this tool? thanks in advance!

No, just running the official original RUU should work always ;)