HTC Sync error - FC com.htc.bgp

Search This thread

Joshr

Jun 6, 2010
Chicago
I installed the HTC Sync program off the SD card that came with my EVO and can't for the life of me get the darn thing to sync. I'm running Win 7 64bit and copied over the Vista drivers and everything and my phone and PC both see PC each other and connect. After the sync is initiated the progress bar on my PC gets to about 4% and pauses for a long time on 'preparing data from the phone' until I get a Force Close prompt for 'com.htc.bgp' on the EVO. That's as far as I can get.

I've noticed that after I force close com.htc.bgp the 'searching for HTC Sync' box no longer shows up on the EVO when I set the usb connection to HTC Sync. Opening the Calendar app seems to resolve this (starting up com.htc.bgp again?). Also, on the PC side I'll get a 'CAPI_Worker module has stopped working and needs to close' box after every 2nd or 3rd attempt at syncing. I must reboot the PC in order for the EVO to detect HTC Sync when this happens.

After searching for an answer, I tried clearing the data for the Calendar, Calendar Storage, Gmail, and Gmail storage applications. In addition I disabled any and all syncing options (Facebook and Gmail) and even tried putting it in airplane mode and then clearing everything out again. My EVO is stock and not rooted or anything.

I think that covers everything... Any idea what is causing this?

Last edited:

noamiko

Sep 13, 2010
were you able to fix this issue?

I get the same issue using HTC Legend.
In fact the sync works sometimes... but most times I get the "force close com.htc.bgp ".
I am about to give up on Android. simple as that.

Dr.Jello

Sep 15, 2010
capi_worker module has stop working,

Try a registry cleaner such as ccleaner to get rid of this error. Then reinstall htcsync on your computer.