[UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER] released!!! 8/14/11{WILL KILL 4G}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
In the other thread the2dcour said the unlock is not reversible? I dont really care if it is or not, just wanna know one way or the other
i guess the only way to know if it is affected is to try it out?

to go back to being locked just flash over the latest sbf i posted in a previous thread.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

Medic97

Jul 9, 2010
Been waiting for this all morning. figured if I'm rooted then i should go all the way.

cali90028

Feb 27, 2011
ok rooted my photon last night with the no-dock root lol and now we have this bad boy unlocked awesome work guys so now i want to try to do this so can someone help me unlock it i have no idea what to do im totally lost, should i download the sbf to computer or straight from the phone?

Yay 4 Juggs

Apr 1, 2007
ok rooted my photon last night with the no-dock root lol and now we have this bad boy unlocked awesome work guys so now i want to try to do this so can someone help me unlock it i have no idea what to do im totally lost, should i download the sbf to computer or straight from the phone?

download to your computer then run rsdlite click on the little button that has ... on them that will bring up file explorer locate the file you just dl'd and extracted...connect your phone in rds mode(with phone powered off press vol up and power) it will say rsd protocol. from there plug in your device and press start in rsd

e-motion

Jun 8, 2007
Ok, getting ready to do this...

Before I go ahead, one question : I did a nandroid backup with the bootstrap recovery. Can I unlock, root, install ROMracer's CWM recovery and restore that nandroid backup ?

Yay 4 Juggs

Apr 1, 2007
Ok, getting ready to do this...

Before I go ahead, one question : I did a nandroid backup with the bootstrap recovery. Can I unlock, root, install ROMracer's CWM recovery and restore that nandroid backup ?

yes bootstrap recovery is no longer needed just flash calks romracer version and you're good to go!!! this is why i love this place!!! 2 min after bl is released...we have a custom recovery to go along with it!!!!

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
It is very exciting Juggs! Cant wait ro see some aosp goodness on this beast :)
yes bootstrap recovery is no longer needed just flash calks romracer version and you're good to go!!! this is why i love this place!!! 2 min after bl is released...we have a custom recovery to go along with it!!!!

e-motion

Jun 8, 2007
I'm ready to go on a short trip out of state, and was all ready to attempt this but those reports of flash failed are giving me pause.

Hopefully those folks will report back again to let us know if it borked their phone or not. before I have to go 'cause I'm the impatient type when it comes to giving the finger to the man (in this case the manufacturers locking their bootloaders).

joetemp75

Oct 23, 2006
bay area
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I'm ready to go on a short trip out of state, and was all ready to attempt this but those reports of flash failed are giving me pause.

Hopefully those folks will report back again to let us know if it borked their phone or not. before I have to go 'cause I'm the impatient type when it comes to giving the finger to the man (in this case the manufacturers locking their bootloaders).

Mine failed but I just booted it up and continued now I am unlocked with the custom recovery all is well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off i wish to apologize to everyone...I had no idea that this will bork your 4g and i have been working almost non stop trying to get it fixed but i am afraid it is beyond the scope of my reach. I honestly feel that it is indeed similar to the original evo unlock with the loss of rsa keys and i am trying to figure out a way to backup and restore said keys. i know there is a tut for the evo but different file system and structure so its' going to take some digging.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO UNLOCK

Unlocked SBF
    FASTBOOT
    WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF FASTBOOT

Download the Unlocked SBF and flash with RSDLite like you would any other SBF

After flashing the unlocked sbf you will need to turn off your phone to put the phone in fastboot mode(hold vol down while pressing power then once you see fastboot press the volume up)

Using your cmd promt cd to your fastboot(example: cd c:\android-sdk\tools\moto-fastboot directory)and Run “moto-fastboot oem unlock”

You will see
    C:\Data\Sunfire\HW\Security_Tokens>fastboot oem unlock
    ... INFOUnlocking your device can permanently VOID your warranty.
    INFOThis process cannot be reversed. If you wish to proceed,
    INFOreissue the unlock OEM command containing the unique ID
    INFOof your device: ########### (device generated ID will appear in this like not number signs)
    OKAY [ 0.002s]
    finished. total time: 0.002s
    Using the UID provided above. Run the below command.
    Run “moto-fastboot oem unlock ###########
    NOTE: DO NOT reset phone between commands.
    When you power cycle the phone “unlock” will be seen on start up screen (Red Moto logo)

[SYSTEM.IMG FOR UNLOCKED DEVICES ONLY] {YOU WILL LOSE DATA AND YOU HAVE TO BE OK WITH THAT BEFORE USING THIS METHOD}
    Once you're booted you will need to regain root by any of the working methods in other threads or by flashing a system.img (THE IMG IS INSIDE THE RAR JUST EXTRACT IT)in moto-fastboot created by the2dcour, then getting superuser.apk from the market.

0) Make sure your phone is charged.
    1) Boot your phone in to fastboot mode, connected to PC.
    2) At the prompt/cmdline type moto-fastboot flash system system.img
    3) Make sure you have superuser app installed from market.
    4) Enjoy!
    Instructions ganked from the2d...YOINK!

[DO NOT FLASH THIS SYSTEM.IMG IF YOU ARE NOT UNLOCKED]

I recommend this method of gaining root as it is much easier than previous methods.

want to thank edgan and the2dcour for all their hard work and help with releasing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course he who remain nameless...TYVM FINE SIR!
    and you need the unlocked bootloader for these.

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but that's not going to be the first thing out of the gate.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

A working bootloader is not going to happen without a modified kernel so with that being said i am currently working on both facets of it at once. Priority is working bootloader then kernel tweaks.
    Sweet! This is exciting, wish I new what to do with it. Lol guess I'll leave that up to the devs.

working on it and ty btw
    I was a test subject for the russian government 60yrs ago. And a test subject on u.s. unofficial space mission to mars 20yrs ago. Currently a tester for kfc first bio engineered chicken breast.

Damn, I want to know so bad!! Any hints?

now if i gave a hint then it wouldn't be super secret now would it...