Bionic on tmobile

Search This thread

oildriller83

Aug 18, 2011
Colcord, OK
Where can I find download links to the files I need? I can't find anything other than "TBH_Bionic_GSM_Band_Config_Unlock_v1.0.zip". Also, I am on .902. Can I perform this hack on .902 or do I need .904? If .902 is all I need, would it be enough to install TBH_Bionic_GSM_Band_Config_Unlock_v1.0.zip to get GSM working? Thanks.

I am on .902 with safestrap running aokp on safe...as of now.

I used the same zip file, but I'm on stock 902 rooted. You'll have to used Bionic CWR in order to install it, but I don't know about ICS. It works like a champ for me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

haupman

May 4, 2011
I am still unclear on what type of data speed everyone is getting with the Bionic on T-Mobile. Is it just EDGE?

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Yes, it is EDGE only 2G data because the Qualcomm MDM6600 chipset used in all Motorola CDMA/EvDO/LTE or Global devices does not support the AWS bands that T Mobile deploys their 3g/4g high speed data network on.

You must have Bionic Bootstrap recovery installed because Safe strap disables NV writes via recovery.

There is nothing you need besides the TBH GSM Band Config Unlock zip and the relock zip if you want to easily return to stock configuration in the event of problems. The zip file just performs the NV edit required and does nothing else. That should be all that is required, but there are issues with SIM compatibility for many users.

Reactions: alhokagi

larsdennert

Dec 5, 2007
There are several people that struggled to get sim cards working in the incredible2 and it turns out that they had the cards inserted backwards. Having the cards slide in sideways on some phones made them notch insensitive. Just one possibility to keep in mind.

A list if working and nonworking cards would be useful listing manufacturing brand carrier and plan type(contract, pay as you go, foreign travel)

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
The person who first posted success with this method was in South America...Brazil if I recall correctly, so this definitely works overseas.
I went out and grabbed an ATT prepaid GoPhone SIM today to do further testing on other devices and it worked immediately with no problems at all.

oildriller83

Aug 18, 2011
Colcord, OK
Im using a set AT&T sim card with no data on plan, for the USA, and all phone calls, sms, and mms are working correctly

projektorboy

Sep 3, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Oh we can dream, no i mean switching the files around

Because of what you said I now got to imagining some sort of crazy app that lets you mount and unmount SIM images like they were ISO files. There's probably a million barriers to keeping that from even being a thing.

That said, the GSM unlock ADDS functionality to the Bionic. Apply the unlock and then throw in Verizon or regular GSM SIM Cards. There's no need to switch radios around at all.

ASAM123

Dec 20, 2011
I used the same zip file, but I'm on stock 902 rooted. You'll have to used Bionic CWR in order to install it, but I don't know about ICS. It works like a champ for me.

So in that case, uninstall safestrap, install bootstrap, install zip, and I'm good to go? Thanks

also, if I installed safestrap afterwards would it be fine? thanks

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Yes, you just need Bionic Bootstrap to install the TBH zip file, then you can run whatever recovery you prefer. If you need to use the relock zip or redo the hack for any reason, you will need to uninstall Safe strap and install Bionic Bootstrap again.

This somewhat negates the ease of using the zip file installation of the band config hack, so you may consider using RadioComm in that case.

RadioComm can do it in less than 30 secs.

liongood9

Nov 23, 2008
how does one update bootloader

how do i update to the latest bootloader?

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Looking for someone to help make DATA working... I have all files but nowhere to upload to...

PROCEDURE
1. Update Bootloader to (0A.72)

2. Install stock ROM with RSD Lite
----> GB: VRZ_XT875_5.9.904.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01

Make sure Debug Mode is ON and it's connected as CHARGER ONLY (not Mass Storage)

3. Root the phone with motofail (motofail_windows.zip)

4. Install Bootstrap (BionicBootstrap.apk)

5. Reboot into recovery and install ICS Gummy (Gummy_targa-Release-1.0.2.zip + speargapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip)

6. To enable GSM/UMTS follow these steps:
1. Ensure USB is connected as PC Tools mode (not Mass Storage)
2. In Radiocomm go to MA->CDMA1X->QSC60x5
3. After it comes up, switch to FTM Common1 tab and wait for the phone to enumerate purple.
4. On the upper right side in the NVAccess, scroll to NV item 1877 NV_RF_BC_CONFIG_I
5. Read the value from the device
6. Replace the first 8 bytes (16 digits) with: 8703E80400000200
7. Write the data to the device and powercycle.
This will enable GSM/UMTS bands.

To disable GSM/UMTS, perform the same 7 steps, but replace the 8-byte data with: 0700000000000000​

AFTER SOME WHILE GSM SIGNAL IS STRONG FOR VOICE BUT NO DATA

How do i update the bootloader? Can you give me the steps please?

alexncc

May 9, 2012
apn config

After unlock gsm bands, shut down "apn config", writting "force close". system version stock 904, rooted. help me please.

waffleb051

Jul 21, 2010
Redding
Because of what you said I now got to imagining some sort of crazy app that lets you mount and unmount SIM images like they were ISO files. There's probably a million barriers to keeping that from even being a thing.

That said, the GSM unlock ADDS functionality to the Bionic. Apply the unlock and then throw in Verizon or regular GSM SIM Cards. There's no need to switch radios around at all.

*sigh* that would be awesome

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got this done - no gsm data yet

Looking for someone to help make DATA working... I have all files but nowhere to upload to...

PROCEDURE
    1. Update Bootloader to (0A.72)

2. Install stock ROM with RSD Lite
    ----> GB: VRZ_XT875_5.9.904.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01

Make sure Debug Mode is ON and it's connected as CHARGER ONLY (not Mass Storage)

3. Root the phone with motofail (motofail_windows.zip)

4. Install Bootstrap (BionicBootstrap.apk)

5. Reboot into recovery and install ICS Gummy (Gummy_targa-Release-1.0.2.zip + speargapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip)

6. To enable GSM/UMTS follow these steps:
    1. Ensure USB is connected as PC Tools mode (not Mass Storage)
    2. In Radiocomm go to MA->CDMA1X->QSC60x5
    3. After it comes up, switch to FTM Common1 tab and wait for the phone to enumerate purple.
    4. On the upper right side in the NVAccess, scroll to NV item 1877 NV_RF_BC_CONFIG_I
    5. Read the value from the device
    6. Replace the first 8 bytes (16 digits) with: 8703E80400000200
    7. Write the data to the device and powercycle.
    This will enable GSM/UMTS bands.

To disable GSM/UMTS, perform the same 7 steps, but replace the 8-byte data with: 0700000000000000​

AFTER SOME WHILE GSM SIGNAL IS STRONG FOR VOICE BUT NO DATA
    This post shows the directions in pictures.

directions.jpg
    Bionic GSM Band Config update.zip

Here is the zip file installation.

As stated above, it can only be run from Bionic Bootstrap recovery and not from Safestrap.

Just place the zip on the root of the sdcard and then open Bionic Bootstrap and boot into recovery and select Install zip from sdcard, then Choose zip and select the file and install it. it takes about 2 seconds to run and then reboot the phone after putting the SIM in and it should work immediately in most cases.

The zip only performs the NV edit to Item 1877(0755 hex) rec 1 bytes length 8 and no other modifications.

We made zips for the D4 and Razr as well and will probably make a more formal release post for those devices, as they require some additional files for everything to work properly.

The Bionic was the first one and, as it turns out, the easiest of them.

I am also taking a look at the Xoom and trying to make it work on that device too.

This really opens up a lot of possibilities and probably some serious consternation for VZW.

Thanks to fragulina for the original hack!
    I have all the files myself but nowhere to upload to...

I have a private server with private access you could pm me and I can send you a username and password, then it could be seeded via torrent.

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

This is a pic of the Bionic using both Tmo and ATT using this hack. The pics are from TeamBlackHat using this seem edit.

proofoflife.jpg

The directions were added to the image. The original directions can be found on page 2 of this thread.