Generic 1800 batteries

Search This thread

AOD_Corwin

Jul 22, 2008
San Diego
I'm thining about ordering some generic 1800 batteries for the touch 4g 2 which I'm told will fit the epic. Ebay has 3 and a charger for 11 bucks including shipping. My concern is I have heard one possible reason for random reboots are non oem batteries putting out unsteady current. I have only generic ones right now. Who's had good luck vrs bad with these types of batteries

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Wait so you already have some?? Shouldn't your experience tell you all you need to know?? Unless you meant that you only have the generic 1500mAh battery.

I know the Anker 1800mAh is supposed to be pretty good but since I've gone with the 3500mAh fatt batts....NOTHING else compares, not even the OEM 1800mAh

AOD_Corwin

Jul 22, 2008
San Diego
You found a 3500 that fits??
I have some genric 1500's right now at I get random shut downs though I think that is gb related.
I found on ebay 3 1800's and a wall charger for 11 bucks out of hong kong. Free shipping.. sounds worth the experiment

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
You found a 3500 that fits??
I have some genric 1500's right now at I get random shut downs though I think that is gb related.
I found on ebay 3 1800's and a wall charger for 11 bucks out of hong kong. Free shipping.. sounds worth the experiment

... I've gone with the 3500mAh fatt batts
Yeah, I use the one's with the extended back cover, nothing compares to their value or battery life.

I'd be interested in seeing how the generic 1800s do though, I have one 1500 generic and it's never given me random restarts but it was a little weaker than my original OEM. I'd say go for the bundle if your interested, you'll easily get your $11 worth.

I just can't go back to slim batteries anymore myself

AOD_Corwin

Jul 22, 2008
San Diego
How thick does it make it... I bought. The extra large battery for the orginal touch pro.. made it look like a gray twinkie

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
How thick does it make it... I bought. The extra large battery for the orginal touch pro.. made it look like a gray twinkie

It makes it thicker but it feels nice when you're using the keyboard IMHO, you get used to it.

the phone is about maybe 3/4" from 1/2" just from using my eye's best guess

fastmikey1969

Jul 18, 2008
I wouldn't recommend the generic they don't last as long even though they say 1800mah. get the OEM Samsung ones for the epic touch $22 shipped. I just got one it's great

clownboat

Feb 24, 2011
Minneapolis
I wouldn't recommend the generic they don't last as long even though they say 1800mah. get the OEM Samsung ones for the epic touch $22 shipped. I just got one it's great

I got "OEMs" for my Epic and my wife's Evo that I doubt are really OEM, though they say so. Life seems less than our many-times-cycled original equipment. I got mine RIGHT before I read the 1800mah thread, so I have multiple reasons to be po'd at myself.

Skunk Ape1

Nov 26, 2011
Killeen
I have the 1800 batteries and found I only got around 2 more hours from them. The trade off for 2 extra hours were not worth extra thick phone.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

johnbarry3434

Dec 17, 2009
Extra thick? I thought these Epic Touch 1800's fit in the Epic without replacing the back plate.

Not sure about the generic ones but the OEM ones definitely fit. Rocking one now and it is awesome. Finally don't have to charge my phone during the day. Highly recommended.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

beezie42

Jul 2, 2011
Traverse City, MI
I just bought these generics and they got here yesterday I'm still working on calibrating them. So far they seem to work great. Ill post back after I have a chance to kill the battery and recharge it a few times. On a side note what's a good app to find what apps are killing my battery just so I can get a good idea of what these battery can do.

beezie42

Jul 2, 2011
Traverse City, MI
Well I will have to say these batterys work very well. I get way more life out of these then I do my stock 1500 mah. Plus I have 3 of them so I am able to keep a extra on me just in case. I would recomend buying them plus they were cheap

Reactions: davidj863

pbot

May 26, 2010
Same here, bought a generic epic touch battery from ebay for a couple bucks and it fit and works fine

Sent from my Touchpad using xda premium

Reactions: davidj863

Nirvanagar

Jun 18, 2011
Los Angeles
Well I will have to say these batterys work very well. I get way more life out of these then I do my stock 1500 mah. Plus I have 3 of them so I am able to keep a extra on me just in case. I would recomend buying them plus they were cheap

beezie42, what is the name of the seller you bought the battery from? I found several vendors on ebay that have that deal. Can you post a link to the item you bought? Thanks!

lanboy

Jan 4, 2012
New York
How about these generic batteries?

Hello XDA, big fan behind the scene so I am coming out.

Found these Epic 4g Touch batteries and want to see what you great experts thought about them before buying them.

Just wanted to know if this will fit my Sprint Epic 4g SPH-D700 phone with stock back side plate.

From buy.com : GTMax 3X Standard Lithium-Ion Battery+Battery Charger+Lanyard for Samsung Epic Touch 4G D710 - 088515984282
sorry I can't post link cuz I am a newber...=(

They are generic 1800mAh that I have also seen on ebay.

Looks like a great deal to get 3X 1800mAh Batteries plus a charger for less than the price of a Samsung OEM 1800mAh battery.

Thanks for your input...=)

Blankrubber

Nov 15, 2010
TN
I heard the Anker 1800 batts were decent too

I just got 2 of these and a universal battery charger for about $20 w/ Amazon Prime shipping =).

Took pics of my first charge cycle. Let's see if this works...

That's almost 3 hours of screen time, 40 minutes of talking, 10 hours total. They do seem better compared to my OEM Samsung 1500mah. And they're cheap, to boot!

Running latest CM7 with Samurai kernel.

47ec203d-2870-f4e9.jpg

47ec203d-288e-f008.jpg

47ec203d-2899-f344.jpg

47ec203d-28a2-7733.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Same here, bought a generic epic touch battery from ebay for a couple bucks and it fit and works fine

Sent from my Touchpad using xda premium
    D
    Deleted member 2831641
    i got the cheap ones from eBay, just make sure you let it completely charge and die 3 times and your good to go. I have 3 extra batteries and they are equivalent to the factory battery.
    After almost two months with my Anker batteries (And going on tours and such), Ankers have my seal of approval. On TW ROMs and at my rate of usage (I'm not much of a power user), I can easily get up to 20+ hours off a single charge (I think the most I've gotten was 1d 6h-8h, can't remember). Times have gotten rough for my recently so I can't afford to buy an OEM battery, but my two Ankers are more than well sufficient.