Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thedaniel

Feb 15, 2008
Æ e NordNorsk.
NO!

YES I AM READY TO RUMBALL

@ All: Sorry my lousy English.

@ Moderators: If I violate the rules at this (my beloved..) forum and this is considered as warez, -feel free to remove or edit this post asap. * I love this place and mean no harm. * I will mind but won't argue that at all. I will just post it somewhere else. Rumball did what he was told and removed his post. Nobody told me anything and therefore:

EXTERNAL LINK TO THE THEME

MIRROR

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@ Bethesda Softworks: Open letter.

:mad:

1. This is FAN ART just as the web pages you allow and even encourage. Those are too in violation of your "exclusive copyright rights." This is also something that was made from a FAN as a tribute to you. This product does not compete with any of your products and this product was a freakin cell phone skin, nothing more. You cannot sue a kid for hanging up a poster on his wall, even if it's home made. The same kid is also allowed to make photocopies of that poster and give it to all his friends. You cannot sue them neighter. I cannot sue you guys for having me as a wallpaper on your laptop. But I will sue the whoopass out of you when you start selling my face as an icon for Fallout 5. The keywords here is "selling" and "giving". We do the "giving" part.

3. For me, this product acted like a commercial for your guys, and no one but you earned from it. This product was the reason how I got to know, started liking and investigated many more of your products. I still like them. Please keep it that way.

4. Your act is cold, sad and stupidly WRONG! I WILL NOT agree to this, and YES I AM READY TO RUMBALL...eh..Rumble. You cannot just make up laws like that. We do nothing wrong! Answers to this open letter to my personal email account will only end up in my spam box and disappear with help of some fairydust. Replies are to be made HERE, in this thread. We are all waiting. However I also understand thst might be a problem:

You probably use this forum to pimp up your cellphones, just as we do. I assure you you wont get banned by replying. But if you don't believe me, you can answer to this on this gmail: no_i_wont_stop_distributing_the_pipboy_theme@gmail.com

theD

Last edited:

Rumball

Aug 30, 2007
Toronto
I understand Rumball wants to respect the attorneys request, thats cool, but I doubt he minds us distributing it. Would anyone who had a chance to grab it before it was taken down be so generous as to hook me up?

You are correct. I have no control over others (who downloaded my free pipboy 3000 theme before the Bethesda lawyer demanded that I remove the files from this website). I therefore take no responsibility for others that decide to ignore Bethesda's request to stop distribution of my free pipboy theme. I have updated my first post accordingly.

Rumball

Aug 30, 2007
Toronto
Everybody who wants this theme can send me a PM. This theme wont dissappear, no worries.

@ All: Sorry my lousy English.

@ Moderators: If I violate the rules at this (my beloved..) forum and this is considerated as warez, -feel free to remove or edit this post. I wont argue that at all. I will just post it somewhere else.

@ Bethesda Softworks: Open letter.

:mad:

This is FAN ART just as the webpages you allow and even incourage. Those are too in violation of your exclusive copyright rights. This was something that was made from a FAN as a tribute to you. This product does not compete with any of your products and this product was a freakin cell phone skin, nothing more.

For me, this product acted like a commercial for your guys, made by a FAN, and noone but you earned from it. This product was the reason how I got to know, started liking and investigated more of your products.

Your act is cold, sad and wrong! Please reconsider.

I strongly suggest that my fellow geeks reconsider how much they like and respect you guys. Respect works both ways these days.

Answers this open letter to my email accound will only end up in my spam box. No point of hiding. Replies to this is to be made HERE, in this thread. We are all waiting.

Please answer in a human, no attournety-mambo-jambo-**** way. We are your friends and you don't do that to friends. (.....Wait a sec....you in USA?....sorry my bad...forget the last sentence..)

Daniel

I tried sending an e-mail to the bethesda lawyer but s/he never bothered to respond. You can try yourself too if you wish...I have updated the letter in the first post to include the person that sent it to me.

thedaniel

Feb 15, 2008
Æ e NordNorsk.
I tried sending an e-mail to the bethesda lawyer but s/he never bothered to respond. You can try yourself too if you wish...I have updated the letter in the first post to include the person that sent it to me.

Updated my post a bit.. and yea I will send an email and invite it (he/she?) over. This is just plain stupid. Beware of what wallpapers you use, people. Angelina Jolie might come sue you..:D

htctoucher

Nov 5, 2007
you sure this isnt a fake email?

ive heard of people on xda gettin emails like that to take down their stuff only to realize later it was just some douche "havin a laugh" :D

anyway.. check it out to make sure
you never know in this topsy turvy world ;)

i mean think about how many skins on here are actually original.. not copies of something else (i.e. the plethora of htc themes that are identical copies of their design, same with iphone copies etc.. i dont see them chiming in..)

Last edited:
T

TheParadox

If this is legit wow. Fanart is not legal. That makes a lot of sense. Everyone just mirror when this happens, so they can not ruin others work.

dody

Jun 18, 2008
Alexandria,Egypt
we can not force them this way .....this their rights and we have to take their permission

@ every one if it is your work and you dont want people to publish it what ever was your reason can we blame you?!!!?, Or would you feel good if we ignored your wish , i think NO

Rumball wouldnt heart if he ignored them but he respected the Rules

So, we take their permission or stop publishing the theme we will not die without it!

Sorry for my english

I hope We show them better Manner

@htcToucher Some people mind some people doesnt

thanks!

Last edited:

Sighn

Sep 13, 2008
icons

I have installed the new TL (1.0 RC1) and I seem to have it working for the most part, on an HTC touch cruise

However (oh you knew that was coming =) :

On the Pip boy home page, I don't have the icons showing up below the date. (email sms phone voicemail)
I remember seeing them there at one point, but that may have been under the previous version of TL.
anyone else get this?

they reappear if I change to the standard TL skin.... but who would want that? ;)

I also get some other icons appearing if I setup my display sideways, but none of the rest of the screen.

I just found the Icons I'm looking for... they appear, but only when it's locked...

Last edited:

edoftech

Aug 17, 2009
hanley
fallout

i am a huge fallout fan,

to such a state that i am getting a xbox 360 just to play fallout 3

just downloading this theme now, can't believe that they would do a think like this

thanks for taking the time to make it though

ps isn't 32mb a bit big for a theme?

Last edited:

juniorkm7

Dec 29, 2007
Hi guys!
What version of TL will be the best for my HTC TyTN2. I mean which will be the fastest and most stable, so that TL won't freeze scrolling bar with buttons.
I'd love also if somebody can post a mirror or so of S2U2 theme for pipboy.

Last edited:

coolhand77

Jul 12, 2010
Holy thread resurrection batman!
Ahem, okay. Looking for a pipboy3000 skin that will work with my Evo 4g. Will this one work? Did we ever find out if this really was Bethesda being idiots or if it was some idiot playing at being Bethesda?

Rumball

Aug 30, 2007
Toronto
Holy thread resurrection batman!
Ahem, okay. Looking for a pipboy3000 skin that will work with my Evo 4g. Will this one work? Did we ever find out if this really was Bethesda being idiots or if it was some idiot playing at being Bethesda?

There are some fallout.themes available on Google's Play Store. I wonder if the people at Bethesda sent letters to all these people as well.

MOD EDIT: WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

B.Jay

Since the theme has been pulled, and to avoid emotions getting out of hand...

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.