[APP][2.1+] Phone INFO ★Samsung★, Refurbishment Check, CSC Changer and more

Search This thread

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
@vndnguyen Phone Info says Made in Korea whereas box and sticker on phone says Made in Vietnam ,can this be possible ?Note 3 N9005

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi,

I've checked your S/N with 2 popular websites: http://sndeep.info and http://www.imei.info

Both websites also show the Production location is Korea, as my app.

Please make sure the S/N from the app and the S/N on the sticker (behind the battery) are the same. Aren't they?

u1988

Dec 22, 2011
No, changing the CSC will NOT trigger knox warranty bit. But it will do factory reset your phone, so do backup before clicking the "INSTALL" button.

Thank you this a really great app!!! :good:

Can you please add to the #2 post all the changelog and Warnings in Hide mode ?
It's very difficult to find all the changes you made in all #100 posts/#21 pages (in the #1 post it didn't said all the Feature and warning)
If some questions are Repeated and Important to know we all would appreciate if you add Q&A at the #2 or #3 post

1.'CSC Changer'- Can you please tell me when I need to chance it ?
2.What the error/fail massge that will be shown in odin if I try to flash other rom for S5- G900F from anthor CSC ? (to know I need to chance CSC)
The root will be gone right after this factory reset?

3.There is'nt other way to chance CSC without root and without Factory Reset ?
CSC code lookup missing some info like: http://pastebin.com/ZnHvBLak (maybe you can giv ea like inside the app for the full list?)

4.What Feature woun't work if I did root or install custom rom?

5. My friend got this error when chraing to chance CSC
"PreconfigUI does not support singleCSC" what can I do next for falshing other Rom from other contery?

Last edited:
Reactions: vndnguyen

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Thank you this a really great app!!! :good:

Can you please add to the #2 post all the changelog and Warnings in Hide mode ?
It's very difficult to find all the changes you made in all #100 posts/#21 pages (in the #1 post it didn't said all the Feature and warning)
If some questions are Repeated and Important to know we all would appreciate if you add Q&A at the #2 or #3 post

1.'CSC Changer'- Can you please tell me when I need to chance it ?
2.What the error/fail massge that will be shown in odin if I try to flash other rom for S5- G900F from anthor CSC ? (to know I need to chance CSC)
The root will be gone right after this factory reset?

3.There is'nt other way to chance CSC without root and without Factory Reset ?
CSC code lookup missing some info like: http://pastebin.com/ZnHvBLak (maybe you can giv ea like inside the app for the full list?)

4.What Feature woun't work if I did root or install custom rom?

5. My friend got this error when chraing to chance CSC
"PreconfigUI does not support singleCSC" what can I do next for falshing other Rom from other contery?

Thank you for the suggestion. I will collect all changelogs and notes/warnings and add to the post #2. It may take sometime as I'm a bit busy now.

Regarding your questions, I will try to answer once I reach the desktop PC as I'm online using tablet.

Thanks again.

Reactions: u1988
hello u1988
some samsung firmwares are multi csc with a default csc
if your firmware is a single csc or the csc you need isn't in the phone info list you must download another firmware with the csc you need
samsung have more than 400 valid android csc and they can't make a firmware with all csc

for I9300 exemple you can take a look here: http://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16076&p=85211#post85211
best regards

u1988

Dec 22, 2011
hello u1988
some samsung firmwares are multi csc with a default csc
if your firmware is a single csc or the csc you need isn't in the phone info list you must download another firmware with the csc you need
samsung have more than 400 valid android csc and they can't make a firmware with all csc

for I9300 exemple you can take a look here: http://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16076&p=85211#post85211
best regards
(if you don't put @ before the name I can know you try to talk to me :eek: )

I did try with that app and it got me:

" This will only work if your current firmware support Multi-CSC ~
It might display "PreconfigUI does not support SingleCSC" if your current firmware doesn't support Multi-CSC".

I did not understand what you said?!
you said it's a single csc not multi...but you didn't give a solution...
If it support only one CSC and it faild when flasing one other CSC rom (like ILO from sammobile ) I need to try other CSC rom ?

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Good day.
I like your product Phone Info. Can I make a donation and remove the Ads?

Also, can you give me an idea about how to reset the Charger Connect Counter?
Hi, there is the "Phone INFO Plus" version without ads. Open 'Phone INFO' app > Menu > 'Phone INFO Plus'.

At the moment this app does not support resetting the counters, as I don't want to interfere with the system partitions.
Thank you for choosing my app.

Last edited:

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Are you aware that the Firmware browser has stopped working, it gets a null reference exception so I'm assuming the sammobile site has changed the structure of their response objects when you query them. Just thought I'd let you know incase it hasn't been reported.

Cheers,
Hi,

Thank you very much your feedback. I have noticed this problem.
You are right, it is due to Sammobile has changed its format. I'm working to fix it and the update will be available in the next few days.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Warm regards,

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Could've been a 5 star app... Great app overall. Surprisingly it even tells me on note 3 how many times the charger/earphones has/have been plugged in, and how many times my s pen has been dettached. However, country of origin has been incorrect ever since (I think) the phone got rooted. Used to say "made in china", now it says Vietnam. Took out my battery and checked the sticker on the back of the phone, and I confirmed it wasn't just my imagination.
Yes, actually there was a problem with the "country of origin" database. Please kindly wait until the next update, or you can help me by sending me your S/N + country that was printed on the sticker, that will help to improve the database. Thank you.

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Hi. Could charger and headset connect counter ever be reset by flashing a new official rom via odin etc?
Only ask because headset is 3. Charger is 10 but first phone call was made 2 months ago and this phone is new.?
Its the s5 prime and think is that just tests in the factory ?
Thanx for your work and time bro.
No, flashing a new stock firmware will not impact these counters.

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Hello before it was 360 charger counter and now 353, s pen detach is 500+ and now is 482
c4094794a39dceb2636afbccbaebb2de.jpg
Sorry I'm not sure what happen with your phone?

You can test if these counters working by connecting/disconnecting the charger, detach/attach the S Pen and see if the counters increase?

Remember Me?

Dec 28, 2013
Sorry I'm not sure what happen with your phone?

You can test if these counters working by connecting/disconnecting the charger, detach/attach the S Pen and see if the counters increase?
Counter is frezing on s pen :) am using custom rom omega last

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Nop counter on s pen is freezes on 482 what is the problem, s pen workings fine

And headset is frezing on 127 wtf what is the problem

Last edited:

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Counter is frezing on s pen :) am using custom rom omega last

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Nop counter on s pen is freezes on 482 what is the problem, s pen workings fine

And headset is frezing on 127 wtf what is the problem

This problem maybe due to custom rom. On stock firmware these counters just work fine.
You may need to ask the rom's creator for support.

Reactions: Remember Me?

u1988

Dec 22, 2011
My friend got this error when chraing to chance CSC

I found an anwer for CSC problem without the need of root: (for single CSC & multi CSC)
Anyone know other way with/without root?

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/help/how-to-enable-csc-mods-t2887554/post56479916#post56479916

The old app dosn't work on signal-CSC only muti-CSC and it's old one (you need root for that app) link

Last edited:

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
There was an error with Country of Origin database in the previous release.

Please update app (v1.9.7) on the Play Store to fix. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    seem this app is gone, i cannot open, License check error
    and play store cannot found this app
    You can try PhoNetInfo instead: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.patrickfrei.phonetinfo.free
    [APP][2.1+] Phone INFO ★Samsung★, Refurbishment Check, CSC Changer and more

★★★ Written specifically for SAMSUNG phones ★★★

Have you ever wanted to know the Country of Origin behind the label "MADE BY SAMSUNG"? When the phone was manufactured? Then this app is for you.

Using this app you can know exactly what country your phone has been produced for. So you can choose the correct firmare to flash.
    You can known your Bootloader version so you can decide what method use to root, whether the Knox will be tripped, which firmware version can be flash over...

Features: Displays the following informations about your phone

SAMSUNG SPECIFIC INFO:

- Phone Colour (Samsung specific)
    - CSC Product Code (Samsung specific)
    - CSC Sales Code (Samsung specific)
    - Country Region (Samsung specific)
    - RIL Serial Number (Samsung specific)
    - PDA Version (Samsung specific)
    - CSC Version (Samsung specific)
    - Changelist (Samsung specific)
    - Country of Origin ★ (Samsung specific)
    - Phone Manufacturing Date ★ (Samsung specific)
    - Knox Warranty Void ★ (Samsung specific)

OTHER INFO:

- Manufacturer
    - Phone Model
    - Device Name
    - Product Name
    - IMEI
    - Serial No
    - Bootloader Version
    - Baseband Version
    - Kernel Version
    - Build Number
    - Build Description
    - Fingerprint
    - Build Date
    - Android Version
    - Mobile Operator Name/Mobile Network Code
    - Total RAM, Screen size and resolution, Battery capacity and health

DOWNLOAD: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo
    FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/phoneinfosamsung/

☆ Support multi-language:

English, العربية (Arabic), Deutsch (German), Français (French), Italiano (Italian), עברית (Hebrew), Português (Portuguese), Română (Romanian), Русский (Russian), Shqip (Albanian), Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese), Türkçe (Turkish), 中文 (Chinese).

Here is the text file of all phrases in the app. Please help to translate it into your native language.
    Please kindly confirm before translating to avoid duplicating the translation.

Thank you all for your support.

w7x6_px5wzmee7RUx1120g3vx8CUkG--bqRWlH2ZvBRZPrO4COG0Kj1HnoQAz7HnXM4=h900
    0CnP6sHaGpd9JTnIs8tCWwtZVN2n9_ORReA4cN6vEBTHjq4zQkBFbFS7tqBgDEMVY-o=h900
    OfIOZE2lVzZoWuPeHf48uXfcQGIbQRvfQAgR21G43m_5qC6-NBmDE4TPMMzEJyLNeszS=h900
    RRH279-GjlCw91APsdxedheJFe7x2V1IQ4p6dQLZV7HpciHmh-I5JDBrKD2rq7X6zw=h900
    Solution for "Error type 2" message

If you got the "Error type 2" message (see the attached screenshot) when trying to launch a secret code (in the 'Secret Codes' menu) or 'CSC Changer', 'CSC Verifier', 'ServiceMode MAIN MENU' (in the 'Other Tools' menu), you need to update SuperSU app to the version 2.49 (currently still Beta) or later, and also update its binaries.

Here is how:
    - Download the zip file at http://download.chainfire.eu/740/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.49.zip
    - Extract and get the Superuser.apk file from the 'common' folder inside it.
    - Install Superuser.apk, it will ask to update the binaries to the latest version. Let it update.
    - Reboot the phone.
    New update v3.4.0: Fixed and Improved the Refurbishment Check function.

Thank you all.
    Update v3.2.5:

- Added Screen Density info (DPI).
    - Added Türkçe (Turkish) language.
    - Improved the Dark theme, fixed some UI issues.
    - Fixed some translation errors.

Enjoy.
    New update v3.3.2:

- Added Sensors info in the HARDWARE tab (tap on it for a list of all sensors).
    - Improved start-up speed.
    - Fixed CPU temperature issue on some devices.
    - Updated translations.
    - Added new language: Español (Spanish).

Enjoy.