FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Any full size weighted stylus that is confirmed to work?

249 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By jkcarp94, Senior Member on 15th October 2013, 01:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd October 2013, 04:30 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I'm returning the Bamboo Feel v1 due to the offset. Will order the v2 from Wacom as in another thread someone mentioned there is minimal to no offset with that one. The Bamboo Feel feels a lot better than the stylus that comes with the tablet, but the offset is uncomfortable.
24th October 2013, 05:06 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Are there any stylus replacements that's the the same size as the cheap plastic one that i can store in the tablet?
24th October 2013, 02:23 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasaraki-

Are there any stylus replacements that's the the same size as the cheap plastic one that i can store in the tablet?

Samsung will probably sell replacement s pens eventually
24th October 2013, 07:39 PM |#24  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 479

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasaraki-

Probably only the chinese knock-off S-pens. However, from what I have read the quality varies.
25th October 2013, 11:16 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Other solution
Before you get anything expensive, think cheap and easy-to-get. what about the chalk/charcoal-holders you can find at art supply stores for less than 10$?
i dont have the tablet yet, but with the almost symmetrical stylus it should work. Any offset gets eliminated and with a little bit of modding it should be possible to make the button accessible as well. I would love to get a response if anyone tries this
27th October 2013, 06:01 AM |#26  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteDroid

Before you get anything expensive, think cheap and easy-to-get. what about the chalk/charcoal-holders you can find at art supply stores for less than 10$?
i dont have the tablet yet, but with the almost symmetrical stylus it should work. Any offset gets eliminated and with a little bit of modding it should be possible to make the button accessible as well. I would love to get a response if anyone tries this

You need a pen which is made for a low power Wacom Digitizer. There are electronics inside the pen which are powered by the screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 via Tapatalk.
27th October 2013, 10:42 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdo

You need a pen which is made for a low power Wacom Digitizer. There are electronics inside the pen which are powered by the screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 via Tapatalk.

I meant that you would put the original pen IN the charcoal holder, that way making your drawing tool thicker and heavier. I completely understand that you need a wacom-enabled pen.
29th October 2013, 01:33 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Alright... So I pulled the trigger on getting the bambool feel 2.... As reported the offset isn't as bad as version 1, but there is still an offset of about 1mm.

Interestingly enough when I try the pen on my Note 2 there is no offset whatsoever which makes me feel like I'm having to settle for this current set up. I'm beginning to wonder if Wacom is currently working on another pen for the 2014 model which I would really rather have. I've thought about sending this pen back, but since I'd end up losing 5-10 bucks for shipping costs (not sure if I have to pay for return shipping) and since my hand was beginning to get cramped and sore from using the integrated pen I'm going to hang onto it.

If you can just look for an alternative or wait until wacom releases a bambool feel 3 (if they ever will). there is no reason to pay a premium price for substandard performance unless you have to.
30th October 2013, 03:27 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gina$zanboti

Alright... So I pulled the trigger on getting the bambool feel 2.... As reported the offset isn't as bad as version 1, but there is still an offset of about 1mm.

Interestingly enough when I try the pen on my Note 2 there is no offset whatsoever which makes me feel like I'm having to settle for this current set up. I'm beginning to wonder if Wacom is currently working on another pen for the 2014 model which I would really rather have. I've thought about sending this pen back, but since I'd end up losing 5-10 bucks for shipping costs (not sure if I have to pay for return shipping) and since my hand was beginning to get cramped and sore from using the integrated pen I'm going to hang onto it.

If you can just look for an alternative or wait until wacom releases a bambool feel 3 (if they ever will). there is no reason to pay a premium price for substandard performance unless you have to.

I just got the Bamboo 2 as well and I have no offset. I can write in Lecturenotes and fix a letter or cross a T perfectly.
I think this is the stylus to get, the V2 (I got white).
30th October 2013, 04:08 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzbaronz

I just got the Bamboo 2 as well and I have no offset. I can write in Lecturenotes and fix a letter or cross a T perfectly.
I think this is the stylus to get, the V2 (I got white).

You wouldn't really notice the offset unless you were trying to draw something. The offset between the V2 with 2014 is the same as V1 and 2012/2013 model. I really noticed it when I used the V2 on my Note two and it was absolutely perfect. Sketching felt incredible natural, but it's a little awkward on my 2014 (which has Sketchbook Pro).

I'm hanging on to it because my hand is beginning to cramp and I mostly just take notes on it anyways.
30th October 2013, 04:21 AM |#31  
Flag Rowlett, TX
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gina$zanboti

You wouldn't really notice the offset unless you were trying to draw something. The offset between the V2 with 2014 is the same as V1 and 2012/2013 model. I really noticed it when I used the V2 on my Note two and it was absolutely perfect. Sketching felt incredible natural, but it's a little awkward on my 2014 (which has Sketchbook Pro).

I'm hanging on to it because my hand is beginning to cramp and I mostly just take notes on it anyways.

How do I know if I have a V1 or V2?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)