HTC EVO 4G LTE News-Videos/Pics [Official Thread]

Search This thread

rank78

Dec 1, 2009
I'm ordering via Firefly and its asking for calling plan features even though I'm just upgrading my phone not the plan. It has the option to 'keep existing data feature' but for text they don't have a similar option, just 'none'. The other options are selling text plans. What do I do? I'm not the primary number on a family plan.

EDIT: i just did 'none' and later says current plan unchanged so whatever

Last edited:

Richard_Danger

Aug 8, 2010
Baltimore
Sprint just sent out an email about preordering the new EVO. If you read the fine print at the bottom, it says, "Offer ends 5/17/2012" Phone is supposedly expected to be released the next day.

scheelwd

Jul 4, 2007
JBLM
"Thanks for pre-ordering. A shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE is waiting for you in our warehouse. Shipping starts May 15th and we will send you an email the second it ships. Delivery should occur within 1 to 3 business days thereafter. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info."

ticklemepinks

Feb 26, 2008
"Thanks for pre-ordering. A shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE is waiting for you in our warehouse. Shipping starts May 15th and we will send you an email the second it ships. Delivery should occur within 1 to 3 business days thereafter. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info."

just bout to post that!!!!!!!!!!!

lpjzfan2005

Feb 14, 2011
Mo City
Fu********motherf*******
Omg why does it have to come out in may... I just got plane tickets to see my girl and it's her bday this month too... How in the world am I gonna be able to pay my etf and still afford this :/

Damnit sprint for actually being on point with a phone release...

What if I can't get root because I'm a month late to the party :banghead:

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
yeah i dunno wtf is going on i tried many different screens and ways and everytime the phone comes up it shows only the 2yr pricing. then when in cart I cant check out without a plan...
rep in chat said I couldn't buy it full price either, and also confirmed my upgrade isn't till 6/1...trying to order through sprint and they wont accept my $$ lol

Edit:

nvm the rep must of recet my upgrade to 6/1 and it was incorrectly showing me as having one earlier than that before. lol
now when logged in I see the $549 price...

Last edited:

lpjzfan2005

Feb 14, 2011
Mo City
yeah i dunno wtf is going on i tried many different screens and ways and everytime the phone comes up it shows only the 2yr pricing. then when in cart I cant check out without a plan...
rep in chat said I couldn't buy it full price either, and also confirmed my upgrade isn't till 6/1...trying to order through sprint and they wont accept my $$ lol

I just logged into sprint and it would let my preorders without a contract. Idk what is wrong with your comp, see post above though, I can't afford it! :(((
This is gonna kill me lol

ticklemepinks

Feb 26, 2008
The full $549.99 option shows up for me, too. With a two-year agreement, it's $199.99, which is a far cry from the $49.99 I was expecting. I'm going to head into the store and see if I can't get some answers.

not tryin to be mean at all... but ur crazy to think ti would be 49.99 on contract... idk the last time a high end model was that cheap if ever, plus it's their flasgship fone... no evo has been under 100 with contract at first release, even 3rd party sites maybe 150 lolz

OH YEAH PLEASE...
can you guys check ur upgrade eligibility for those who used their upgrade to get this fone, mine says i'm eligible for a full upgrade again in may 2013

Last edited:

Genjinaro

Jan 16, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Fu********motherf*******
Omg why does it have to come out in may... I just got plane tickets to see my girl and it's her bday this month too... How in the world am I gonna be able to pay my etf and still afford this :/

Patches to root usually don't happen that fast, just bugfixes & what not.
Not saying it can't happen or a new Hboot won't screw us but hey, think happy thoughts. :p We're dodging the early adopter bug.
I'm waiting until July myself.

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
BAM through!

rep musta been messing with my upgrade...B/c b4 it was acting like I had one which in turn it would not let you NOT use it when ordering the phone...lol

now that its fixed everything is gtg and phone is ordered! BAM

Vdubtx

Jul 24, 2010

just bout to post that!!!!!!!!!!!

My recent history with Sprint is you will get the phone before you get a tracking number. :D

Cordy

Feb 2, 2008
My recent history with Sprint is you will get the phone before you get a tracking number. :D
Yup, Sprint's been pretty good about getting your phone to you early with these online pre-orders. I won't hold my breath for this week, but I expect a lot of us who ordered this morning to get ours sometime in the middle of next week before the actual 18th. Either way I'm looking forward to this phone.

wrxlvr

Jan 16, 2007
Not planning on getting one until I hear when Sprint will have LTE up and running in Denver. Not giving up my 4G service (with my Evo 3d) for this phone.

I also wish it was as sexy as the AT&T version. Not a fan of the matte/glossy black (or the red highlights, really).

scheelwd

Jul 4, 2007
JBLM
Fu********motherf*******

Why would you need to pay the ETF fee? Just use the Early Upgrade Buyout Program and you'll have your full upgrade discount available now. It's $130 plus a variable fee depending on your state (mine was $165 total for Washington State).

So overall I'm paying $365 for the LTEVO when my upgrade wasn't available until next year; beats paying an ETF and starting over.

Sturos

Nov 17, 2010
Hopefully it's actually unlockable, not that I'm a fan of HTC's unlock. But Sprint isn't like AT&T! (At least I hope not)

lpjzfan2005

Feb 14, 2011
Mo City
Why would you need to pay the ETF fee? Just use the Early Upgrade Buyout Program and you'll have your full upgrade discount available now. It's $130 plus a variable fee depending on your state (mine was $165 total for Washington State).

So overall I'm paying $365 for the LTEVO when my upgrade wasn't available until next year; beats paying an ETF and starting over.

My etf in June will only be 120,so it's cheaper than what you just stated, so I'm going for the cheapest price possible

Top Liked Posts