Magnetic POGO Cable

Search This thread

jeepguy_1980

Aug 28, 2010
Seriously, that charging rate is not normal even for usb and the tablet turned on. You may want to return it. Was the screen on?

The screen was off. I'm going to try another wall adapter. I have a Belkin, which is pretty good. It was said to be the fastest charger for the iPad, beating the OEM adapter. Until now, I have never charged my tablet with anything other than the stock adapter.

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
The screen was off. I'm going to try another wall adapter. I have a Belkin, which is pretty good. It was said to be the fastest charger for the iPad, beating the OEM adapter. Until now, I have never charged my tablet with anything other than the stock adapter.
The charger is inside the N10. What your referring to is a power supply only. I've used the PS from my Dell Streak 7 with no change.

jeepguy_1980

Aug 28, 2010
I just go the app you recommended from the market. It shows that the battery is discharging with the POGO adapter installed and the screen on. The first attachment is with the micro USB port the second is with the POGO adapter.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359262603681.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359262603681.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 334
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359262614533.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359262614533.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 312

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
I just go the app you recommended from the market. It shows that the battery is discharging with the POGO adapter installed and the screen on. The first attachment is with the micro USB port the second is with the POGO adapter.
That doesn't look like Battery Monitor Widget from 3C that I use. If the PS works from the micro-USB port, it should work from the POGO port. Either your POGO cord is bad or the port.

BMW website: http://www.3c71.com/android/?q=node/1

derobert

Aug 8, 2010

That's the stock charger? It should say that AC is plugged, not USB, when you're using the POGO cable.

When I plug my Nexus 10 into an iPad port with a micro USB cable, it detects as AC. When I plug the POGO cable into the same iPad charge port, it detects as USB and is limited to 500mA. You need to use a non-Apple charger... Like the one that came with the tablet.

kieu96

Jul 26, 2010
www.99wallpaper.com
That's the stock charger? It should say that AC is plugged, not USB, when you're using the POGO cable.

When I plug my Nexus 10 into an iPad port with a micro USB cable, it detects as AC. When I plug the POGO cable into the same iPad charge port, it detects as USB and is limited to 500mA. You need to use a non-Apple charger... Like the one that came with the tablet.

It's working fine with samsung, htc charger.

jeepguy_1980

Aug 28, 2010
That doesn't look like Battery Monitor Widget from 3C that I use. If the PS works from the micro-USB port, it should work from the POGO port. Either your POGO cord is bad or the port.

BMW website: http://www.3c71.com/android/?q=node/1

It's Android Tuner by 3C. Which has BMW bundled with some other apps.

Yes, it's the stock charger.

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
It's Android Tuner by 3C. Which has BMW bundled with some other apps.
Okay, I see. I put it into one minute interval and watch the history if I want to look closely.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

That's strange like it detects more pins yet they say that the POGO cord can't be used to transfer data.

Wow! Had mine charging in sleep mode which I never tried before and it showed a charging rate of 1873ma. Plugged in my PC and it still shows it as charging but BMW shows a discharge of 800-900ma. This charging circuit if easily fooled.

derobert

Aug 8, 2010
Here is from 18% to 100%. Confirmed on the history view that's about 21%/hr during the first phase of charging.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359307328042.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359307328042.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 413
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359307541814.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359307541814.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 410

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Here is from 18% to 100%. Confirmed on the history view that's about 21%/hr during the first phase of charging.
Glad you posted this as I was going to ask somebody if their N10 charged to over 4.3V which is considered to be over the max battery voltage limit of a Li-Ion cell. In what state was your device for that screen?

derobert

Aug 8, 2010

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
It was sitting on a table charging, until I woke up and removed the POGO cable. It was powered on, but in sleep mode.
Yeah, I guessed that. I discovered that while on AC power in full use, it seems to charge at a higher rate going right past the 4.2V mark without dropping the rate like it misses that stage but "maybe" not all the time but most of the time. Charging while in sleep mode the rate does drop at the 4.2V mark. If your on AC power, reach 100%, after a period of time it will stop charging. At that same period of time, if put to sleep and awakened, it'll stop charging. A reboot, it will stop charging too. This might be a battery safety feature because it's over 4.3V at that time.

I thought that I may have a hardware issue till I saw your screen capture.

duarian

Jul 19, 2012
Coming up on 3 weeks now and my tracking still says 'we have received notice your package is being shipped by the retailer'. No other updates. Looks like mine is lost somewhere in the world. Sadly I ordered a week before they went live in the US.

Sent them an email in hopes they can send me one from CA...let's hope my $25 didn't just get burnt :(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

UCSB

Mar 14, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Coming up on 3 weeks now and my tracking still says 'we have received notice your package is being shipped by the retailer'. No other updates. Looks like mine is lost somewhere in the world. Sadly I ordered a week before they went live in the US.

Sent them an email in hopes they can send me one from CA...let's hope my $25 didn't just get burnt :(

I've been tracking mine on this site: http://www.track-trace.com/post

You need your shipment tracking number.

duarian

Jul 19, 2012
I've been tracking mine on this site: http://www.track-trace.com/post

You need your shipment tracking number.

Yes. That's the same one I used. My # started with an RR and has said the same thing since day one about receiving notice that the origin is preparing shipment.

Last update was 2 days after shipment where it left the international post office that was sadly 12 days ago as of today. Oh well. Here's hoping it updates by the end of the week.

Sent them an email and they replied very quickly but it wasnt at all helpful, just told me what I already knew. How to track it, and that it was shipped on X day.

dberthia

Apr 6, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Got mine. Generally satisfied except for two things:
  • Cable could use another foot or two of length
  • Very hard to attach connector to N10 with my Poetic Slimline case in closed position (more of a case complaint).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So are there any places currently selling these?

Not sure I got this from the eBay seller in South Korea that had his ad taken down.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

You got it really fast !

Where are you located?

How fast is the chargeing

Thanks!!!,

Yeah I was surprised too! the seller had an option for express shipping when I paid for $10 more, I didn't have a problem spending a few bucks more.

I haven't used it enough yet to notice any faster charging, it went from 70% to 98% in a little less than 2 hours.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Let's see if the pictures will work yet............

ResizeofIMG_0100_zps487a912b.jpg

ResizeofIMG_0103_zps5ccac530.jpg
    I searched high and low and finally found an adapter that puts out 2.1A on each of two outlets - concurrently. Excellent quality. Same spec on each channel as oem charger on its single outlet. Great fit and finish too. Can support two high demand devices at once.

I've been using it with the Pogo cable, and it is perfect. Link:

Ventev r2200 AC Travel Charger, Dual 2A USB Port 110-220v With MicroUSB Cable
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BSC7FW0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    It's here!

Just wanted to let everyone know I got my Pogo Cable today!

It is in my opinion extremely high quality build. I have so far used it with my wall charger and my car charger and it works fantastic.

If I didn't know better I'd say was an OEM from Samsung or Google.

I know I know post pictures..........

OK I'll get some made and post them very soon.

Clutch
    Just out of interest, has anyone actually measured what current the nexus actually draws from the charger?

I've just spliced in my ammeter and with the battery showing 45% its currently drawing 0.59A and this is with the stock charger and whilst typing this. If I put the nexus into standby then it drops to 0.50A

I'll do some further testing this week charging from 0-100% this week and let you know what I find.

Btw this is using the USB port.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2