• Screenshot_2013-12-24-11-48-26.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-24-11-48-26.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

-Duir-

Feb 13, 2012
California
OnePlus 6T
Guys, I just wondering.. for now (default) our Desire 601 reads the remaining internal storage as SD Card (emulated) which bothers me a lot.
it restrict me to install apps and games because the system can't read my real SD card which has more space, so my question is If someday we have S-off, can do something about that? I mean something like changing the remaining internal storage as internal storage not SD Card (emulated)?
I'm not entirely sure what you are asking? When determining free space for apps and such that's always based on the internal storage. If you want an app to be on the SD card, simply move it there.

Where is my mistake? :crying:

I did init.d phone and used the script

# / system / bin / sh

sleep 5
mount-o remount, rw /
mount-t vfat-o umask = 0000 /dev/block/vold/179: 65 /mnt/sdcard
sleep 5
mount-o bind /data /media /storage/ext_sd

More on the picture

The PC can see only the internal storage size ext sd card
I'm not familiar with init.d scripts, but the picture shows the same info because it's supposed to.

/storage/ext_sd is the path to the physical card itself and /storage/emulated is as it sounds, an emulated version (yes, of your ext sd card).

Vency77

Apr 5, 2012
Plovdiv
Guys, I just wondering.. for now (default) our Desire 601 reads the remaining internal storage as SD Card (emulated) which bothers me a lot.
it restrict me to install apps and games because the system can't read my real SD card which has more space, so my question is If someday we have S-off, can do something about that? I mean something like changing the remaining internal storage as internal storage not SD Card (emulated)?

You need only root and this app: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192122
It can link the data from the internal sdcard to your external so for example the big games data can stay on your external sdcard. However, we still have write protection, so in the best scenario you would have to do it after every reboot, but I cant guarantee it will work at all. It is possible to do it via recovery, but it will be more complicated..

And guys, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1660354 write here so we could possible get a section, which would be great :fingers-crossed:

standak14

Apr 6, 2013
#!/system/bin/sh

also, you need to install SManager and have it run on boot, until write protection is removed.

the rest of the script.... where did you get it from?

I made a functional init.d :)

source here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1874485&page=3

only exam

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

You need only root and this app

FolderMount not working

Reactions: russellvone

Akishima

Jan 19, 2012
Batavia
I'm not entirely sure what you are asking? When determining free space for apps and such that's always based on the internal storage. If you want an app to be on the SD card, simply move it there.

The problem is, all my application install their data on emulated SD Card, which is actually internal storage, and when I'm using App2SD the system read only read my emulated (fake) SD Card, not the real one.

You need only root and this app: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192122
It can link the data from the internal sdcard to your external so for example the big games data can stay on your external sdcard. However, we still have write protection, so in the best scenario you would have to do it after every reboot, but I cant guarantee it will work at all. It is possible to do it via recovery, but it will be more complicated..

And guys, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1660354 write here so we could possible get a section, which would be great :fingers-crossed:

Okay, I'll try mate, and I also already voted for our lovely device section :highfive:

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

FolderMount not working

I also read that some people are suggesting to use this Foldermount apps, but it's not working :(

standak14

Apr 6, 2013
I already solved the installation of data, eg: Real Racing 3 at ext sdcard using init.d script. It has no int sdcard, but it does not bother me :)

Activate init.d support on rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1912504 Thanks @jamesst20 Copy the files manually and overwrite it

Use this init.d script copy to file eg: Swap and save it

#!/system/bin/sh

sleep 2
mount -o rw,remount -t rootfs rootfs /
mount -o umask=0000 -t vfat /dev/block/vold/179:65 /mnt/sdcard
# umount /mnt/sdcard

Copy to / system / etc / init.d set the permissions to rwxrwxrwx

Use the aroma file manager in recovery

It is a temporary solution :cool: but it works :)

I'm not a developer, so sorry for the mistakes in codes

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-24-16-24-51.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-24-16-24-51.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 331
  • Screenshot_2013-12-24-16-25-38.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-24-16-25-38.png
    105 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
I already solved the installation of data, eg: Real Racing 3 at ext sdcard using init.d script. It has no int sdcard, but it does not bother me :)

Activate init.d support on rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1912504 Thanks @jamesst20 Copy the files manually and overwrite it

Use this init.d script copy to file eg: Swap and save it

#!/system/bin/sh

sleep 2
mount -o rw,remount -t rootfs rootfs /
mount -o umask=0000 -t vfat /dev/block/vold/179:65 /mnt/sdcard
# umount /mnt/sdcard

Copy to / system / etc / init.d set the permissions to rwxrwxrwx

Use the aroma file manager in recovery

It is a temporary solution :cool: but it works :)

I'm not a developer, so sorry for the mistakes in codes

awesome find.... hell yes my friend, easy to go, this is way better that the vold.fstab trick!

woot woot!

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

Reactions: standak14

standak14

Apr 6, 2013
Here is trick to use Xposed modules :)

Run Xposed installer, open - Framework - Install / upgrade.

Do not restart

Go to / System / bin and copy the file app_process to sdcard

Reboot into recovery

In aroma file manager copy file app_process -> / System / bin

Reboot

working Xposed modules

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-25-16-33-35.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-25-16-33-35.png
    199.1 KB · Views: 317
  • Screenshot_2013-12-25-16-34-06.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-25-16-34-06.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 280
  • Screenshot_2013-12-25-16-45-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-25-16-45-16.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:

alatnet

Oct 16, 2012
Here is trick to use Xposed modules :)

Run Xposed installer, open - Framework - Install / upgrade.

Do not restart

Go to / System / bin and copy the file app_process to sdcard

Reboot into recovery

In aroma file manager copy file app_process -> / System / bin

Reboot

working Xposed modules

Does using aroma file manager allow to copy apk's to the /system/app folder with s-on?

#EDIT
Welp, tried it and seems that you can install to the /system partition via aroma file manager. Havent tried to see if it persists via restarts.

#EDIT2
Modification persists via restarts. Also was able to disable virgin mobile's mobile id thing by renaming the apk. FYI, the apk is named "ID.apk".

Last edited:

-Duir-

Feb 13, 2012
California
OnePlus 6T
If anyone who has/gets Virgin Mobile's variant of this device can upload a copy of the Software Update for me I would greatly appreciate it. If it's already been applied there's no way to get it, but if it hasn't yet you can copy it off your phone by downloading the update then selecting install later. On previous devices it would store the update on the SD card until you installed it (and delete it after).

Vency77

Apr 5, 2012
Plovdiv
If anyone is interested in adaway, here are two ways to remove ads since we have write protection: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2327934 (dont try the C) method, wont work). The same goes with busybox, if someone is interested I could make a flashable zip for it.

P.S. Just curious guys, have you removed the TAMPERED flag? Because I dont want to relock my bootloader :D

-Duir-

Feb 13, 2012
California
OnePlus 6T
ТAMPERED - shows that the guarantee came off ( as in the last boot from SGS4 - WARANTY BIT 1)
But in our case, it can be cured, only writes RELOCKED - and thus guarantee in place) (handed over to RELOCKED than one device )
1. Set the boot (unsecured) - fastboot flash boot boot_init.img
2 . Boot and enable developer mode ( repeatedly click on the " Version - > Advanced- > Build Number " )
3 . Download the revone: http://revolutionary.io/revone
4 . Load on the device - adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
5 . We go in the shell - adb shell (c boot unsecured all root- s commands work without root )
6. In shell :
cd /data/local/tmp
chmod 755 revone
./revone -t
- TAMPERED disappear before your next intervention
7. Being in shell reboot into fastboot - reboot bootloader
8. Flash stock boot and recovery
fastboot flash boot boot_stock.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery_stock.img

9. Lock bootloader
fastboot oem lock
10 . EVERYTHING in the loader will only write RELOCKED

P.S. For those who have unlocked the bootloader and who writes TAMPERED

development HTC Desire 601/ZARA in my drive

Tried this today, doesn't seem to work. When I relock the device it does the usual too many links error:
C:\Android>fastboot oem lock
(bootloader) Lock successfully...
(bootloader) mipi_dsi_panel_off
(bootloader) pm8038_vreg_disable function, vreg_id = 1
(bootloader) pm8038_vreg_disable function, vreg_id = 9
(bootloader) TZ_HTC_SVC_DISABLE ret = 536739196 (0x1FFDFD7C)
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.921s

Then reboots and when I go back into Bootloader it shows:
*** TAMPERED ***
*** RELOCKED ***

I figure no biggie, I still have SU installed and the revone file it's location on the phone so I run it, reboot into bootloader and it just says *** RELOCKED ***, and you'd think that would mean success so I try and boot recovery, it shows the HTC screen and the message "Rebooting Recovery..." but then dumps me back into fastboot ( all in one second ) with this:
*** TAMPERED ***
*** RELOCKED ***
*** Security Warning ***

EDIT: Maybe worth mentioning, if unlock the device again I can boot the recovery with no issue.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts