Text entry issue with 4.4.2 Sense 5.5 update.

Search This thread

johnequickiii

Has anyone noticed that since HTC removed and replaced the phone pad and XT9 when you go to choose one single letter when typing then go to choose another single letter, it automatically adds a space in between the letters now?

Example: e y

I can't find a setting for auto spacing anywhere either. Do you think it's an error in the way they took it out then replaced it? I've never had this issue before the update.

I'm including an annotated screenshot of this page to help explain a little better what I mean.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391955123545.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391955123545.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 1,616
Last edited:

white_griffin

Mar 1, 2010
Hey man, I am having the exact same issue as you... It's fine for people who use QWERTY keyboard as you select each individual letter yourself... Where as when you use the phone keypad you have to select them with the prediction, of course it then thinks you've entered a word and adds the space... If anyone knows a fix for this that'd be great!! I am even willing to try and edit the HTC_IME if someone can tell me where this setting might be stored.

I am also running into HTCs famous dictionary losing words like "am" "go" "in" etc... Yes it took me a hell of a long time to type this message on my phone...