HTC One Won't show up on computer

Search This thread

NoirEatsBear

Aug 31, 2014
Having the same problem

I have a Sprint HTC M8 and it will not connect to PC. downloaded the drivers and HTC sync manager. it keeps saying Unknown Device.

Annobis

Sep 5, 2009
Rumaithyia
I found an easy fix for this problem:

Go to your Device Manager
Under "System Devices" you will find 2 (IWD Bus Enumerator)
One of them will have a yellow triangle on it
Just disable it, reboot your system, and plug your HTC One with HTC Sync

Reactions: StormyNight

latagaw

Aug 27, 2014
First off i want to say hi to everyone and thank everyone for even looking at this thread. I've found some great stuff on this web site but so far nothing has worked for me so i figured i would put up a thread and see what i get back . First off i have an HTC one m7 from sprint. What im trying to do is unlock bootloader root it and sim unlock it. But im am stuck on the first step of my plan. Connecting the HTC one to the computer lol. Htc one has android 4.4.2 running htc sense 5.5. When i plug it in to the computer sometimes i wont get nothing like no noise saying that its plugged in and trying to get drivers. Other times if im lucky i look on my computer and it shows up as a cd drive but when i click on it i get nothing it says insert disc. These is what i have tried so far: htc driver 4.01.001, htc_bmp usb driver x64 1.0.5375, about five usb cables even an actual htc one cable. tried to connect it with other computers, htc sync, different usb port. I think thats everything lol. Oh and also on my ubuntu laptop but it doesn't show up. At this point im pretty disappointing at the device and kinda want to break it lol. I tried using weaksauce to see if it would work for me and it doesn't just crashes. I've seen some great stuff on these forums and i was hoping i could get a hand. I'm on a windows 7 64bit computer.

Tyvm

there is no problem with your pc or usb device port or usb ic on mobile phone mother board... the problem is in the device firmware. try another mobile phone it will show up and connected.

Karsa Orlong

Aug 6, 2014
Help!!

Hi everyone,
I've been following this thread for about a month hoping for a new post with some sort of solution ..I'm having the same exact problem. It all started one day when my phone switched off after the battery was drained, it took two days or so to get it back on (finally rebooted using linux). Since that time, the phone doesn't show up on my pc, and when I plug it into the mains, it thinks its plugged in as a usb!
I've wiped the phone, tried a number of cables, no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

buttdickiss

Jan 30, 2015
Connect as Media Device

What worked for me was going to Settings>Storage> clicking the settings dots in the upper right corner>USB Computer Connection>and then making sure (MTP) is checked. I must've unchecked it while doodling with something, but that is what worked, so cheers!

Reactions: erikalin

hopeless12

Sep 18, 2012
are you using the usb that HTC provided within the phone, i had that issue too, using the original usb cable workd somehow

Lucisibiu25

Oct 31, 2015
I've had the same problem and the fix was ridiculously simple, clean your HTC connector and make sure that the usb cable connector goes all the way inside. At half the entry it only charges, just like you said.

greek_lover_69

Oct 5, 2009
Greece
phone reboots

Hello guys.

I have these 2 problems with my m7. Its rooted S-On with custom rom etc.
It worked pretty fine except the camera which s kind of burned.
After doing a hard reset suddenly the mess began. As soon as I connect to the internet WIFI or Data the phone reboots.
Also it charges but I cannot connect it to the computer to try to flash something.
Also as soon as I boot into TWRP the phone reboots too... I really dont know what to do.

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Hello guys.

I have these 2 problems with my m7. Its rooted S-On with custom rom etc.
It worked pretty fine except the camera which s kind of burned.
After doing a hard reset suddenly the mess began. As soon as I connect to the internet WIFI or Data the phone reboots.
Also it charges but I cannot connect it to the computer to try to flash something.
Also as soon as I boot into TWRP the phone reboots too... I really dont know what to do.

Sounds like you flashed a rom that is not compatible with Sprint.
Look here for the fix.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2503646

OkayGK

Jun 8, 2013
TORONTO
Sounds like you flashed a rom that is not compatible with Sprint.
Look here for the fix.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2503646

Hello and thank you.

Not really.... I was using Venom Viper for over a year... then this issue suddenly occurred after a hard reset... so I`m pretty sure that the rom is not the issue! :)

Im trying everywhere. Have the same thing but to make it short. I think the problem is with connecting the phone to pc. Windows wont recognize it. I cannot even connect it to try different solutions.
gives me unknown device / connection.

if anyone had any idea what i can do, let me know.
Im on win 10.

paulyvw

Mar 10, 2017
I tried absolutely everything for hours to connect to pc. Even HBOOT didn't connect. I thought it has to be the charging jack in my M7 that's faulty. Bought a new charge port flex off eBay and fitted it. Turns out that it was the problem .! The other symptom was a "Slow Charging" notification always came up even when connected to my HTC charger. That's what led me to believe the jack was faulty.

ZARA-Tj

Apr 1, 2017
the same issue!

I tried absolutely everything for hours to connect to pc. Even HBOOT didn't connect. I thought it has to be the charging jack in my M7 that's faulty. Bought a new charge port flex off eBay and fitted it. Turns out that it was the problem .! The other symptom was a "Slow Charging" notification always came up even when connected to my HTC charger. That's what led me to believe the jack was faulty.

Hi averyone! having the same issue on my HTC One M7
I've also the same notification "Slow charging" so, I'm gonna send my phone to be repaired : fixing the connection port to see if it'll solve the problem of the connection to PC..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After i installed the drivers when i go to device manager the phone is not listed on there. The only evidence that i have when i plug the phone is on the computer it shows up as a cd drive but it doesn't let me edit the driver for it.
    Did you install both drivers?
    HTCDriver_4.2.0.001 and the BMP driver that matches your PC's OS?
    Sadly yes i have installed them uninstalled them restarted computer and done it again with no luck.
    Check PM :)
    I found an easy fix for this problem:

Go to your Device Manager
    Under "System Devices" you will find 2 (IWD Bus Enumerator)
    One of them will have a yellow triangle on it
    Just disable it, reboot your system, and plug your HTC One with HTC Sync
    Connect as Media Device

What worked for me was going to Settings>Storage> clicking the settings dots in the upper right corner>USB Computer Connection>and then making sure (MTP) is checked. I must've unchecked it while doodling with something, but that is what worked, so cheers!