Verizon Visual Voicemail referesh problem?

Search This thread

xgman

Sep 17, 2013
Ever since kitkat update on my Verizon g2, my visual voicemail has trouble connecting to "data" if wifi is on. Has to be refreshed to complete the check for new voicemail. Anyone else see anything like this?

alphawd

May 13, 2007
Madison, WI
Ever since kitkat update on my Verizon g2, my visual voicemail has trouble connecting to "data" if wifi is on. Has to be refreshed to complete the check for new voicemail. Anyone else see anything like this?

Yeah, it's been bugging me too. There's some kind of provisioning thing where Verizon has to change stuff on your account. After several calls to VZW, I've mostly got the notifications gone, although I still have them on occasion. Worth a call to Verizon though.

xgman

Sep 17, 2013
Yeah, it's been bugging me too. There's some kind of provisioning thing where Verizon has to change stuff on your account. After several calls to VZW, I've mostly got the notifications gone, although I still have them on occasion. Worth a call to Verizon though.

I hope this isn't a factor with the new G3.That would be enough to scare me off altogether. They re-did mine twice and it still happens a few times a day.

The other thing that bugs me now about the V G2 is the VUtalk notice in an active call when Vutalk is supposed to now be uninstalled and dead.

alphawd

May 13, 2007
Madison, WI
I hope this isn't a factor with the new G3.That would be enough to scare me off altogether. They re-did mine twice and it still happens a few times a day.

The other thing that bugs me now about the V G2 is the VUtalk notice in an active call when Vutalk is supposed to now be uninstalled and dead.

I haven't really gotten any voicemail errors lately. I think it might take multiple calls to Verizon to fix it. Each time I called them, techs tried different things. By the last time I called, the techs seemed to be very familiar with the issue and there was a more standardized solution. If you're still getting errors, it couldn't hurt to call.

I don't think this will be an issue for the G3. I think it's mostly because visual voicemail on the G2 with JB was $2.99/month but it became free on KK, and the change got all messed up on Verizon's end. Whereas the G3 (should) be coming out the gate with the voicemail already sorted out as far as whether it's going to cost something.

As for VuTalk, a week or two ago, I was pushed out a VuTalk Uninstall thing. If you're still getting VuTalk stuff, LG has the app in the Play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lge.vmemo