FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.2+] [v.1.5+] Wakelock Detector- What keeps your phone awake when it sleeps?

224 posts
Thanks Meter: 683

By ahikmat, Senior Member on 7th March 2013, 03:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th April 2018, 11:12 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Help
Could someone help please? I am doing everything correctly in order to make this app work without root access but I always get the error message:

Operation not allowed: java.lang.SecurityException: grantRuntimePermission: Neither user 2000 nor current process has android.permission.GRANT_RUNTIME_PERMISSIONS.

(screenshot attached)

Device: Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
ROM: Stock 6.0.1 with MIUI

Edit: This is what solved it:

Turn on the following option:

USB debugging -Debug mode when USB is connected

Install via USB -Allow installing apps via USB

USB debugging (Security Settings)- Allow granting permissions and simulating input via USB debugging
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	adb error.png
Views:	416
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	4481050  
The Following User Says Thank You to k_o_t_s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift k_o_t_s Ad-Free

21st April 2018, 02:27 PM |#1012  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I'm running WLD with root on a redmi note 4 running Pixel Experience, but even after an overnight, when there has been definite CPU activity going on (I can tell because of battery drain and percentage awake), WLD still tells me I need to leave the phone longer to be able to get some stats. Is this maybe an Oreo bug or should I leave the phone longer than 10 hours?

Thanks.

Ian

Edit: I think I found the answer: I just had to enable advanced features in settings.

Edit 2: So it still doesn't show any stats for CPU, that is after 'show processes used by Android OS' is on. I left it overnight, making sure WiFi was turned on and leaving it on before letting the phone go to deep sleep by itself. Still no stats. It says in the 'how to' to leave phone idling for at least 2-3 hours. Either I'm missing something or there is an Oreo bug. Anyone with similar experience? The only thing I haven't tried is installing as system.
29th May 2018, 09:52 PM |#1013  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanHodgson

I'm running WLD with root on a redmi note 4 running Pixel Experience, but even after an overnight, when there has been definite CPU activity going on (I can tell because of battery drain and percentage awake), WLD still tells me I need to leave the phone longer to be able to get some stats. Is this maybe an Oreo bug or should I leave the phone longer than 10 hours?

Thanks.

Ian

Edit: I think I found the answer: I just had to enable advanced features in settings.

Edit 2: So it still doesn't show any stats for CPU, that is after 'show processes used by Android OS' is on. I left it overnight, making sure WiFi was turned on and leaving it on before letting the phone go to deep sleep by itself. Still no stats. It says in the 'how to' to leave phone idling for at least 2-3 hours. Either I'm missing something or there is an Oreo bug. Anyone with similar experience? The only thing I haven't tried is installing as system.

Exact same problem, OnePlus 3T running the latest stable rooted with magisk.
I have no sleep want to find out what's causing the trouble.
I came to the stable OOS by a clean flash from BETA where I had the exact same problem.
29th May 2018, 11:57 PM |#1014  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagtag123

Exact same problem, OnePlus 3T running the latest stable rooted with magisk.
I have no sleep want to find out what's causing the trouble.
I came to the stable OOS by a clean flash from BETA where I had the exact same problem.

Better Battery Stats worked for me. Download APK from XDA thread. Follow instructions in OP for settings. My lack of deep sleep was down to Windscribe VPN not being in battery saver mode, ie. always on.
14th July 2018, 01:48 PM |#1015  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi
Is there by chance a way to use the adb command line?

I have downloaded the universal drivers, deactivated tiny firewall, restarted chrome, reconected the phone (doogee s60 lite) with usb debugging on, phone correctly recognised by the chrome addon, licked on the grant battery stats - no response..

The system is android 7.0, unrooted. I have better battery stats already.
14th July 2018, 02:27 PM |#1016  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 14,977

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittarr

Hi

I have downloaded the universal drivers, deactivated tiny firewall, restarted chrome, reconected the phone (doogee s60 lite) with usb debugging on, phone correctly recognised by the chrome addon, licked on the grant battery stats - no response..

Do you have your phone set to "Always Allow" connection to your computer? When I first used the Chrome add on it wasn't working & the reason was "Always Allow" wasn't granted šŸ§

Here's the adb commands - Which SHOULD work for you.

"adb -d shell pm grant com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector.noroot android.permission.BATTERY_STATS"

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using XDA Labs
14th July 2018, 02:27 PM |#1017  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,085

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi

Yes, this is what the Chrome extension does:
Code:
adb -d shell pm grant com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector.noroot android.permission.BATTERY_STATS
Change the package name if you're not using WLD Lite.

Sent from my Pixel using XDA Labs
14th July 2018, 03:09 PM |#1018  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yochananmarqos

Code:
adb -d shell pm grant com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector.noroot android.permission.BATTERY_STATS
Change the package name if you're not using WLD Lite.

Looks like changing "wakelockdetector" to "wakelockdetectorfull" may work for Wakelock Detector Full - At least the adb command didn't get rejected...? šŸ§

Sent from my SM-G965W šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦
14th July 2018, 03:20 PM |#1019  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you. Must usb debugging be on for the app to work?

If stolen, can the system with usb debugging be broken into or can the system just be re-flashed for a 'new user'?

Thanks a lot

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

If stolen, can the system with usb debugging be broken into or can the system just be re-flashed for a 'new user'?

Thanks a lot
14th July 2018, 03:50 PM |#1020  
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks a lot

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Thanks a lot

No - USB Debugging doesn't need to be enabled for Wakelock Detector to work (after you granted adb commands or Chrome Wakelock extension).
Yes leaving USB Debugging enabled can present a security risk if your device falls into the wrong hands - or if it was connected to a public computer etc via the USB cable šŸ§

Sent from my SM-G965W šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦
14th July 2018, 05:12 PM |#1021  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,085

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyskunk

Looks like changing "wakelockdetector" to "wakelockdetectorfull" may work for Wakelock Detector Full - At least the adb command didn't get rejected...? šŸ§

It's com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector.full

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)