[ROM][4.2.2][August 5] Slim Bean jfltetmo [build 8]

Search This thread

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
  2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
  3. Full hardware key rebinding!
  4. Keyboard rotation
  5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
  • IRC: #slimusers @ freenode
  • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
  • Google+ [link]
  • Twitter [link]
  • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
For Most Users
Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
  • Download the latest build from [here]
  • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
  • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
  • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
You can find the full list of credits here

Source
Please visit here for the rom source code.
Kernel source can be found here

Last edited:

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
SlimBean 4.2.2 build 8

Finally we present our last stable 4.2.2 base build.8
as usual read changelog and install instructions and enjoy. This time only full gapps packages are provided (no upgrade packages)

You do not need to wipe between releases. buuut if you do have problems full wipe, reproduce & report appropriately ;)

Changes, Features & Fixes:
jf
  • jf: blobs updated
d2
  • d2: upstream kernel and device tree
Changelog
  • Various improvements under the hood for upcoming 4.3
  • Added Bugreport feature to SlimCenter. It creates a zip file containing basic system information and systemlogs (logcat, kmsg, last_kmsg). Please attach this zip to your bugreports from now on.
  • rearranged (more logical) Settings
  • All backend shortcut functions combined, settings observers vastly reduced and simplified.
  • Shortcuts/buttons completely redone for NavBar/Pie/Notification Shortcuts/Lockscreen Shortcuts/NavRing.
  • Fix IllegalArgumentException in Privacy Guard
  • USB: gadget: mass_storage added sysfs entry for cdrom to LUNs
  • Fix bootzip. Install signapk to sign the packages and some cleanup
  • Fix room service to allow dependency override
  • All "Master Key" exploit patches published by google integrated + additional security fixes
  • Gapps update: Google Music, Google Play Services, move google Now to system app
  • App update in app download section google+
  • Enhance support for secure google voice messaging
  • Storage Settings: Allow user to trigger a volume rescan
  • Backup: Use native google backup system to backup profile feature
  • Updated Translations
  • Fix possible NPEs at various spots
  • Changes to phone blacklist
  • Specifiy notifications types for Quicksettings pulldown and Auto Hide statusbar
  • SlimCenter cleanup
  • Various changes for SMS/MMS and Phone
  • Make MMS more compatible for Themes
  • Many Upstream changes
  • Many small bugfixes

Last edited:

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Please note these builds are under heavy development!

Known issues
  • Vibrations during audio playback may cause weird distortion
  • Headset in-call mic uses phone

Since the SGS4 is so new, development is happening very rapidly. This should be taken into consideration when flashing any 4.2.2 AOSP-based builds on the device. Known issues will be listed here.

Last edited:

RonDigital828

Sep 17, 2012
Loved it on my.s3. But is there a way to make a hybrid. I love my touch wiz features but like the slim build

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Texus915

Jul 25, 2012
Awesome to see slim bean for s4, one of my favs for s3.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

ka0s

Apr 24, 2008
Roy UT
I have been waiting for this ROM, painfully running any other AOSP ROM I could find. Glad to be back on the best ROM out there!! Glad to see this phone getting support from you guys!

Reactions: blk_jack

hurtz777

Feb 11, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
Blk thank you for this ROM. It is the fastest running ROM on the GS4 and so far is rock solid. I also managed to get Acid Sound Mod v5 working by flashing and adding the build prop lines manually. For you Acid Mod lovers V7 and V8 break phone audio in both Slim and 05-10 CM10.1 nightly. Turning on extra voice gain in call in device/advanced will break phone audio. It's awesome that we are starting at the same point where the S3 left off in features and stability and this phone still isn't even available in T-Mobile stores until either the 15th or 18th. I ordered two over the phone from T-Mobile and got free next day shipping and got them next day. I would also recommend going in to Settings/Device/Advanced and setting mDnie mode to Dynamic and turn of CABC so the screen doesn't occasionally dim. It gives the screen more pop similar to Trinity Colors on S3 or Voodoo Color on the Vibrant. Thank you Blk for including 192mhz min clock also. There is definitely no need overclock this phone with 1.9Ghz quad core because it blows my S3 away in overall speed! I can't wait until KT747 kernel comes to our S4! Slim has always been my go to base ROM.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Anyone else getting a force close on Google Voice Search? I cleared and it is a wipe install.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

The compass sensors don't appear to be working with no directional arrows in maps or compass app but it doesn't work in cm10.1 nightly either. I'm sure this will be fixed soon so no boggy. GPS still locks down to 3m indoors fairly quickly.

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Try playing with gyroscope calibration. I just tested mine and it seemed off until I calibrated it in settings - device. I unchecked the use calibrated data toggle, set it down on the ground and then checked it and hit calibrate.

Google voice search seems to work fine from here on my end. Try clearing google search / google now data and if that doesn't work provide a log.

That goes for anybody reporting issues -- because this is a beta release there is expected to be problems. It would really help me and the rest of the slim team if you guys could get logs and outline the steps to reproduce issues when they occur.

Thank you everyone for your thanks and initial support. This is only the beginning but with such a solid base I'm really looking forward to continuing development on SlimBean for this device!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using xda premium

Reactions: Babydollll and ka0s

ka0s

Apr 24, 2008
Roy UT
The bluetooth audio for calls is not working on this ROM. I don't have access to a laptop today so I cannot post a logcat atm. I will post one as soon as I can get to my laptop and can do some diags. Hopefully we can get this fixed as this is a big deal for me and I really love this ROM! Thanks again for all the work on this great ROM!!

Lochman79

Dec 29, 2011
Running very smooth so far. One issue I'm having is that Wi-Fi will not stay on. Anyone else setting this?

Also, default dpi on this ROM is set at 361, which is a little small for my liking. Although, this seems a little odd, as 361 would usually make everything very large in my experience. Do I dare try setting the dpi higher in hopes to increase the size? What is the phones default dpi? I thought it was 320?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium HD app

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Running very smooth so far. One issue I'm having is that Wi-Fi will not stay on. Anyone else setting this?

Also, default dpi on this ROM is set at 361, which is a little small for my liking. Although, this seems a little odd, as 361 would usually make everything very large in my experience. Do I dare try setting the dpi higher in hopes to increase the size? What is the phones default dpi? I thought it was 320?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium HD app

Stock is actually 440. We're xxhdpi now so the dpi increases accordingly. Slim by default uses a lower dpi which you can change in the settings.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using xda premium

Reactions: Lochman79

Babydollll

I am finding that the "reboot" issue is happening intermittently (read: sometimes it reboots correctly, other times it just shuts off). I will try and log it, and upload a logcat a next time it happens..
I'm really not sure why it's only working "sometimes".
However, it isn't really an issue for me, as there is a workaround posted in the OP.

Free Quasi!

ajizle123

Feb 8, 2011
Wi-Fi calling is only supported in touchwiz roms

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

Is there a particular reason these other ROMs can't support it? Is it not just an app? I loved SlimBean on my previous phone but WiFi calling is invaluable and a huge battery saver for me now that I switched to T-Mobile.

okcxb

Dec 14, 2010
OKC
Is there a particular reason these other ROMs can't support it? Is it not just an app? I loved SlimBean on my previous phone but WiFi calling is invaluable and a huge battery saver for me now that I switched to T-Mobile.

WiFi calling has never worked on any ROM other than a touchwiz based one. Pull the apk from a touchwiz ROM and see if it works.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @ freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    SlimBean 4.2.2 build 8

Finally we present our last stable 4.2.2 base build.8
    as usual read changelog and install instructions and enjoy. This time only full gapps packages are provided (no upgrade packages)

You do not need to wipe between releases. buuut if you do have problems full wipe, reproduce & report appropriately ;)

jf
    • jf: blobs updated
    d2
    • d2: upstream kernel and device tree
    Changelog
    • Various improvements under the hood for upcoming 4.3
    • Added Bugreport feature to SlimCenter. It creates a zip file containing basic system information and systemlogs (logcat, kmsg, last_kmsg). Please attach this zip to your bugreports from now on.
    • rearranged (more logical) Settings
    • All backend shortcut functions combined, settings observers vastly reduced and simplified.
    • Shortcuts/buttons completely redone for NavBar/Pie/Notification Shortcuts/Lockscreen Shortcuts/NavRing.
    • Fix IllegalArgumentException in Privacy Guard
    • USB: gadget: mass_storage added sysfs entry for cdrom to LUNs
    • Fix bootzip. Install signapk to sign the packages and some cleanup
    • Fix room service to allow dependency override
    • All "Master Key" exploit patches published by google integrated + additional security fixes
    • Gapps update: Google Music, Google Play Services, move google Now to system app
    • App update in app download section google+
    • Enhance support for secure google voice messaging
    • Storage Settings: Allow user to trigger a volume rescan
    • Backup: Use native google backup system to backup profile feature
    • Updated Translations
    • Fix possible NPEs at various spots
    • Changes to phone blacklist
    • Specifiy notifications types for Quicksettings pulldown and Auto Hide statusbar
    • SlimCenter cleanup
    • Various changes for SMS/MMS and Phone
    • Make MMS more compatible for Themes
    • Many Upstream changes
    • Many small bugfixes
    Please note these builds are under heavy development!

Known issues
    • Vibrations during audio playback may cause weird distortion
    • Headset in-call mic uses phone

Since the SGS4 is so new, development is happening very rapidly. This should be taken into consideration when flashing any 4.2.2 AOSP-based builds on the device. Known issues will be listed here.
    Build 7!

SlimBean 4.2.2 build 7

Ok guys stable Build 7 is out!. Tons of changes since build 6. Read carefully changelog and install instructions.
    Small hint: If google now may get an FC on starting due to old data from the previous version. If you run into this problem...uninstall google now, reboot and install it/flash our gapps package again.

jf
    • jf: Fix Bluetooth/WIFI crash (CM)
    • jf: Improvements to headset audio (mic still buggy)
    • jf: Massive kernel changes
    6.2+
    • Improve LPM support
    • Add sysinit
    • Add Fido Canada APN
    • Add Samsung Qcom RIL
    • Add Samsung Exynos RIL
    • Fix MAP SDP record generation
    • Update bcm43241 firmware to version 6.10.170.4
    • Fix sms sending and reciever declarations
    • Fix wrong log information in DevicePolicyManagerService
    • Fix Expanded Mode
    • Camera button rebinding and lockscreen action additions
    • Slim Center fix delete dialog string behavior
    • Fix cursor leak
    • DashClock updates
    6.5+
    • Seperate multipart sms settings from size
    • Add Personal Argentina APN
    • Fix 0% battery QS tile
    • Fix MMS possible NPE
    • Filter picasa specific options
    • Add an AlertDialog before deleting APN
    • Fix for several touch key duration bugs
    6.8+
    • Update DashClock
    • Update MAP code from upstream
    • Fix possible loss of custom ring tones
    • CM optimizations for skia
    • Expand profiles
    • Fix Mms FC in low memory devices
    • Add Statusbar Quick Peek
    • LCD density backup
    6.9+
    • Add gps indicator to camera
    • Fix profiles BT on or of when in a intermediate state
    • Add BT triggers to profiles
    • add triggers to change profiles based on AP
    • Fix aapt warnings
    • Fix quick peek
    • Add 2G/3G to profiles
    • Add Solvaei APN
    • Reduce observer footprint on many Slim features
    7.0+
    • Add QS and Notifications to navrings
    • Add Privacy Guard
    • Add Privacy Guard Manager (Settings->Security->Privacy Guard)
    • Add SMS Middleware layer
    • Add option for subtle vibration notification during calls
    • Make contacts apps aware of blacklisting being disabled
    • Removed all init.d scripts
    • Many translations updates
    • Many other optimizations and fixes
    • Add support for m7att and m7tmo

Privacy Guard
    privacy_guard_s.png
    Hey guys, as some of you may have noticed, build 6 is out for SlimBean. cordell & I have delayed the jflte builds until a bit later today as we're still doing testing on all the new changes that have been merged into the CM jf-common branches the past few days.

While there have been some reports of headset BT audio working now, I've also noticed from my testing that BT A2DP audio quality in general seems to have taken a bit of a hit. We're making local changes and trying a few different things to make sure the best build can be out for you guys.

That said, build 6 *will* be out in the very near future, but now you know why it's not on the site yet.