Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] One Click How to Root EVO with Unrevoked 3.21

649 posts
Thanks Meter: 653

Post Reply Email Thread
31st January 2011, 05:19 AM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Thanks moseso! Between your help and my procrastination, hopefully I will avoid grief. I will check out that thread.

13th February 2011, 06:21 AM |#522  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Alright guys, I have a few questions... I have an Evo hardware rev 0004 now I have read in this forum that the unrevoked does not work well with new Evos especially ones with the 2.02 or 2.10 HBoot. Well here is my experience, I am not a noob and, have rooted many phones. Samsung moment, HTC Hero, HTC Evo, well I thought the evo. I got my new evo first time ever just 8 days ago. I was comboing the forums and found this exploit. I tried it and wow it worked. I am sure my first evo was hboot 2.10. Now it was rooted for 4 days. I installed MIUI on it and left My hometown in Missouri traveled to San Antonio to search for a new house to rent. The evo worked great. Was using the navigation and it went dead. then couldnt't get it booted back up. Took it to best buy in San Antonio, they exchanged it of coarse I had my reciept. Went back and used the same root... Didn't even check the hboot.. seem to work fine once again. I then installed Koni's elite and it worked again flawless for the next 4 days. I tried to enable the 4G in rush hour traffic in Dallas and it locked up. Rebooted it and waited till I got home then attempted to restore it to the nand backup by using Caulkins wipe zip and then clockworks restore function it then completly screwed it!! Just began bootlooping in the Sprint/ 4G screen. Took it back to best buy here at home and got another exchange... Now on Evo number 3. Once again it was and still is hboot 2.02. I did the same root as always and it seemed to work flawless. Wireless tether works super user works hboot shows S-off Havent tried 4G or sprint hotspot. I read just a few pages back that it has a reputation of corrupting new phones.. How and how long because I am on Evo # 3 and have sent the last 2 back to best buy which will send them back to Sprint no?? Will they find the exploits and shuit my account down?? Is this going to eventually corrupt my evo # 3? I would like to install another custom rom but am seriously afraid of it messing up evo # 3 and me having to go back to Best buy and beg for evo # 4.. Maybe I should update the recovery to a newer one or maybe Amon Ra?? Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for me? Right now my evo # 3 is fully rooted and I am posting this with my wireless tether and I have root file explorer installed as well as it showing S-off on hboot 2.02 will it eventually corrupt it over time?? Sorry for such a long rant and post, I just simply wanted to be thorough and cover everything.... Thanks for any help provided.

swes013
13th February 2011, 07:13 AM |#523  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Posted on the last page I NEED SOME HELP OR ADVICE... PLEASE HELP!!!

SWES013
15th February 2011, 01:55 AM |#524  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
awesome worked flawlessly. thanks.
19th February 2011, 08:29 PM |#525  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Unrevoked3...partially
I'm trying to root my Uncle's EVO, and unrevoked doesn't complete successfully. Here are his phone specs:

HBOOT: 2.10.0001
Hardware: 0003
Radio: 2.15.00.11.19

Unrevoked runs initially, and it has worked in removing security since HBOOT now shows S-OFF, however I can't get it to install root correctly. It fails after the reboot when trying to get root. It either says that connectivity has been terminated, or it says that the firmware may be too new.

If it helps, there is an error in the terminal window with the following:
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
ERROR: n = -1, errno = 19 (No such device)

I'm running this on Ubuntu Maverick.

Any suggestions?

Nathan
26th February 2011, 07:35 PM |#526  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm rooted now but when I try to use WiFi Tethering it says unable to start tethering are you sure your Rooted? I granted permission and installed the rom from downloader but nothing is working.. please any help would be great!
27th February 2011, 02:05 AM |#527  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 2

More
What it means new evos won't work?
3rd March 2011, 07:40 PM |#528  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
rooted or not?
Hi, I have an evo with exact information as this member. But after the 1 click rooting, I tried to run titanium back up. There is error " sorry, i could not acquire root privileges. this application will not eork. please verify that your ROM is rooted and includes BusyBox, and try again". So what is the reason? By the way, I just rooted the phone, but am still using the ROM came with the phone.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximiano

This will work on that Evo. It is a permanent root. I just rooted a new Evo with this method. Should only take about 10 - 20 minutes to do everything. If you have any questions you can PM me.

Originally Posted by vahdyx View Post

I'm trying to root my friends evo

He has a new evo, but the header says will not work on new evos

He has

2.2 Froyo
Hboot 2.10.0001
Baseband 2.15.00.11.19
Kernal 2.6.32.17
Build 3.70.651.1
Software 3.70.651.1
PRI 1.90_003
Hardware 0003

Can I use unrevoked to root his phone?

Also is unrevoked a temporary root? Do I have to purchase it to root his phone forever?
4th March 2011, 01:18 PM |#529  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
After running the RUU to try and fix my failed 3g (which didn't bring my 3g connection back, it still just fails), I ran this to re-root and it worked perfectly.
I am on a launch month 003 hardware evo that had the latest everything thanks to sprint lovers all in one.
Much easier than toasts method that I had originally used back in the day.
6th March 2011, 06:31 PM |#530  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moseso

You should not try to install the Over-the-Air update. At the least it will un-root your phone, and I've heard it could even do worse than that...
This thread has a completely stock 3.70.651.1 update that is already rooted and ready to go.

Well, my procrastination has expired! I am going to try this today. I have downloaded the files.

However, I am reading that thread (only up to page 7 so far, but still going) and there are no instructions. This is not something I do everyday (like some of you), so I am very rusty on procedure.

I will continue to read that thread, but I am guessing if they were going to post instructions, they would have posted them long b4 page 7.

Can I just use the same process as Unrevoked, except replace that file with this one? IOW, does each ROM have it's own, specific procedure to follow?

Edit: After looking at the files, I see there is no .exe. So am I correct to assume you place these on the MicroSD card and not use my computer at all? So how? go into HBOOT and select bootloader? Whats the difference between bootloader and reboot bootloader?

I did a NAND backup back in August 2010 of my original factory ROM. I assume I dont really need to repeat that. My app list is synced with AppBrain, so I can always re-install those. Lookout backed up my call logs and contacts (on google anyway). Texts backed up using both SMS Backup.

I see the update at that thread does not include updated radios, but there is a link to them. Do I simply search for directions for updating the radios and follow that?

And update the radios AFTER flashing this ROM (I guess)?

Grrr. More reading required.

Hope I don't get killed, but like I said, it's been 7 months since I last did this.
6th March 2011, 06:54 PM |#531  
Flag Elk Grove, CA
Thanks Meter: 11

More
worked for me.. the only difference is that my evo is hardware 004
but everything is working really great :) thanks for this easy root guide!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstrowl2002

Hi, I have an evo with exact information as this member. But after the 1 click rooting, I tried to run titanium back up. There is error " sorry, i could not acquire root privileges. this application will not eork. please verify that your ROM is rooted and includes BusyBox, and try again". So what is the reason? By the way, I just rooted the phone, but am still using the ROM came with the phone.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by vahdyx View Post

I'm trying to root my friends evo

He has a new evo, but the header says will not work on new evos

He has

2.2 Froyo
Hboot 2.10.0001
Baseband 2.15.00.11.19
Kernal 2.6.32.17
Build 3.70.651.1
Software 3.70.651.1
PRI 1.90_003
Hardware 0003

Can I use unrevoked to root his phone?

Also is unrevoked a temporary root? Do I have to purchase it to root his phone forever?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)