1st February 2014, 11:48 PM |#12141  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 36,547

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedric1

It has been a while since I have done this - but long story short; I had a phone stolen -and just found my old galaxy s2 (sprint just turned it back on).

It looks like I still have superuser on it, and it is running gingerbread ek02. I believe cwm is still here as well so my question is;

is it safe to install this rom directly from where I am at currently or should I install a different build first? (i.e. something with EL29) ?

You can probably just flash it from where you are if it has custom recovery. I posted a modified build a couple of pages back also with instructions for flashing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

2nd February 2014, 05:27 AM |#12142  
Flag Richmond VA
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham

media rom has been updated.

My inactive e4gt running your media rom td.
I was missing the calculator and the camera so i downloaded em from play store and the gs4 tabbed settings

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1391318831486.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	2553986   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1391318851471.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	2553987  
4th February 2014, 05:20 PM |#12143  
Flag Fairfax, VA
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Not to sound like an idiot but I will ask anyways.

Currently running Calkulins e4gt,rom.v3,0 but have the baseband version of S: d710:10S.EL29

How does going down to el27 differ and is it needed for this rom above for 3.0TD version? Also what does TD stand for?
Is it worth it changing the rom to the 3.0td version from what I have?

Thanks,
-Nigel
4th February 2014, 06:12 PM |#12144  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy

Not to sound like an idiot but I will ask anyways.

Currently running Calkulins e4gt,rom.v3,0 but have the baseband version of S: d710:10S.EL29

How does going down to el27 differ and is it needed for this rom above for 3.0TD version? Also what does TD stand for?
Is it worth it changing the rom to the 3.0td version from what I have?

Thanks,
-Nigel

TD, that would be me.
That is a modified version of the stock Calk 3.0 with extended toggles and some other stuff I added. If you are currently running stock 3.0, you can backup and probably just flash right over your current build.
As for baseband, that is your modem. A lot of folks tried different modem and kernel combinations to get better battery life. There is no perfect combination, it was all trial and error to find the best combination.
The Following User Says Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdunham Ad-Free
1st August 2016, 04:21 AM |#12145  
Flag Fairfax, VA
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Does anyone have a link to this that is still active? I wanted to try this before I am done with the phone...lol

E4GT has served me quite well over these last 4 years... I've never run a rom this long!

-Nigel
2nd August 2016, 03:57 AM |#12146  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Does anyone have a link to this that is still active? I wanted to try this before I am done with the phone...lol

E4GT has served me quite well over these last 4 years... I've never run a rom this long!

-Nigel

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407567408

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

Quote:

-Nigel

And @NewShockerGuy you didn't look very hard, the link was on the previous page.
The Following User Says Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdunham Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
email

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)