Post Reply Email Thread
20th February 2012, 04:40 PM |#8791  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 9,147

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donp2700

How can i add the volume rockers to skip music mod and the rotation animation mod back into 2.9?
i didnt have issues with them and would like them back.

Use the framework/android.policy.jar from 2.8.1 to get the volume rockers to skip music again. As for the rotation animation, it's in v2.9 but if will be removed if you flash the CRT on zip due to the inverted issue it causes

EDIT: I'm adding a zip to restore that feature in the FAQ since I'm sure your not the only one that will ask for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdazy

interesting.
so if I am reading the OP correctly, the CRT was added back in, and the rotation taken out?
is it weird that no rotation ani is a deal-breaker for me? lmfao
for some reason that's one of my fave features, looks slick as sh*t, and impresses the "other phone" users...
but regardless, most likely updating today, love your work, Calk! Rock-mutha-fuggin-solid.

See above
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calkulin For This Useful Post: [ View ]

20th February 2012, 04:46 PM |#8792  
Flag Whittier,CA
Thanks Meter: 5,925

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham

It's a shame in a way though. I know there were a few reasonable requests to make a few more changes and personally I think this ROM should just stay up to date and get even better while we wait for a true ICS 4.0x RTM. Then the developers will all have the same base to work from and we won't have multiple versions of leaked re-builds floating around.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Hey John. I've always been curious about the stats people keep posting that seem to be mostly based upon display time... Why aren't other things taken into account like phone usage. I use mine for business and often spend over 2 hours a day on the phone which definitely impacts battery life for me.
Isn't there a better way to track app/phone usage that people would post as a standard rather than the (limited) built-in battery usage screen that would provide a lot more detail so we can make a better assessment?

Better Battery Stats is what you are looking for. It has,a very detailed breakdown

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
20th February 2012, 04:52 PM |#8793  
Flag Whittier,CA
Thanks Meter: 5,925

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for 2 9 Calkulin!! You have been quite busy

20th February 2012, 04:54 PM |#8794  
Flag Metro Detroit
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin

v2.9 is finally out with an updated change log of course

Thank you Calkulin!
Could you or someone else tell me what modem is best to use with V2.9?
I have horrible upload and download speed here in the Detroit area, and could use as much help as possible.
Thanks!
20th February 2012, 04:55 PM |#8795  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thank you Calk for finding the time to give us 2.9. We know the ics leaks have been keeping you busy.

Couple quick questions. I want to upgrade to 2.9 but I'm coming all the way from 2.5.1. Do I need to do a full wipe (ie data, cache, dalvic, Calk format all) or do I need to just clear dalvic and cache and just flash the updated rom? Also I'm currently on E02. Will the new rom automatically update me to EL29 or do I have to flash the modem separately? Thanks so much in advance.

20th February 2012, 04:57 PM |#8796  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Global

Thank you Calkulin!
Could you or someone else tell me what modem is best to use with V2.9?
I have horrible upload and download speed here in the Detroit area, and could use as much help as possible.
Thanks!

FB15 has been really good so far for me, I haven't noticed any network throughput issues like I have with all other modems but I need to test more to be sure that issue is fixed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calkulin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2012, 04:58 PM |#8797  
Flag Olympia
Thanks Meter: 763

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin

Use the framework/android.policy.jar from 2.8.1 to get the volume rockers to skip music again. As for the rotation animation, it's in v2.9 but if will be removed if you flash the CRT on zip due to the inverted issue it causes

See above

Thanks for the quick, professional, response and clarification!
You are a living god.

Sent from my calculator watch.
20th February 2012, 04:58 PM |#8798  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb7561

Thank you Calk for finding the time to give us 2.9. We know the ics leaks have been keeping you busy.

Couple quick questions. I want to upgrade to 2.9 but I'm coming all the way from 2.5.1. Do I need to do a full wipe (ie data, cache, dalvic, Calk format all) or do I need to just clear dalvic and cache and just flash the updated rom? Also I'm currently on E02. Will the new rom automatically update me to EL29 or do I have to flash the modem separately? Thanks so much in advance.

All you need to do is flash the ROM and modem, the zip will wipe what is needed
20th February 2012, 05:09 PM |#8799  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Hi I was running 2.8.1 on el29 modem.

I did a nand, and then wiped cache and dalvink and installed the 2.9 update.

My phone hung at the yellow triangle screen for 45 mins...

I rebooted to recovery and wiped everything and tried 2.9 again with same result...

Any suggestions ?

I am running the current twrp oc script on my phone as well now...could that have affected it ?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
20th February 2012, 05:09 PM |#8800  
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 36,548

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCorleone

Better Battery Stats is what you are looking for. It has,a very detailed breakdown

I have it. However, as someone pointed out, it is very cryptic and hard to understand so I took another look at it. Unlike most apps, it has a very nice help area that explains things very well so I'll have to spend some time getting to know it better. Thanks again.
20th February 2012, 05:12 PM |#8801  
Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 80

More
So basically I need to flash the fb15 modem and 2.9 zip and ill be fine right I'm coming from 2.8.1

Sent from my mistress
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
email

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)