[UNOFFICIAL][2016-Nov-02]Xposed build that passes SafetyNet while enabled and active

Search This thread

josephcsible

Nov 3, 2016
UPDATE: Not even 24 hours and it fails SafetyNet now. I'm currently working on another solution.

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time developer. I created a modified version of the Xposed Framework that doesn't cause you to fail SafetyNet, even while it's enabled and active. Instructions:
  1. Remove any existing Xposed versions
  2. Get your phone in a state where it passes SafetyNet without Xposed (install a custom kernel to hide an unlocked bootloader, hide root with RootSwitch, etc.)
  3. Install the Xposed Installer app if you don't already have it
  4. Go to https://github.com/josephcsible/Xposed/releases/tag/v86a and download xposed-v86a-safetynet-josephcsible-sdk23-arm.zip
  5. Flash xposed-v86a-safetynet-josephcsible-sdk23-arm.zip from recovery
  6. Wipe cache and dalvik
  7. Reboot
You should now have Xposed installed and enabled, with all of your modules working, without failing SafetyNet. Notes:
  • Do not turn off Xposed with RootSwitch with this build. It will probably break things because of differences in how app_process sits, and the entire point of this build is that you don't need to do this.
  • The only build I made was for ARM and Marshmallow, because that's all I have to test on
  • The official uninstaller won't work right with this version, so use my version of the uninstaller instead
  • This passes SafetyNet as of November 2nd. It probably won't for very long.
Technical details:
  • I made this build by compiling my own app_process, then editing it into the stock installer zip. I didn't recompile anything else or use the tools to make the zip.
  • app_process32 is now a regular file instead of a symlink to app_process32_xposed.
  • XposedBridge.jar is now called YqptfeBridge.jar (since SafetyNet checks the classpath for a file called XposedBridge.jar)
  • I obfuscated many of the strings in the app_process binary with a simple Caesar cipher. The source for this is in the GitHub with the download link.
Enjoy it while it lasts!

Last edited:

josephcsible

Nov 3, 2016
Yeah, but I'm not overly concerned since I expect at best a few weeks before it gets patched and I have to redo it all anyway.

josephcsible

Nov 3, 2016
Status update: My app_process is still not detected at all. It's now detecting something that's happening in Java (XposedBridge).

Devilouned

May 2, 2017
Hi is there an other way to use Xposed modules while passing safatynet check ? Its usefull on POGO !
Regards, Devilo !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: Not even 24 hours and it fails SafetyNet now. I'm currently working on another solution.

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time developer. I created a modified version of the Xposed Framework that doesn't cause you to fail SafetyNet, even while it's enabled and active. Instructions:
    1. Remove any existing Xposed versions
    2. Get your phone in a state where it passes SafetyNet without Xposed (install a custom kernel to hide an unlocked bootloader, hide root with RootSwitch, etc.)
    3. Install the Xposed Installer app if you don't already have it
    4. Go to https://github.com/josephcsible/Xposed/releases/tag/v86a and download xposed-v86a-safetynet-josephcsible-sdk23-arm.zip
    5. Flash xposed-v86a-safetynet-josephcsible-sdk23-arm.zip from recovery
    6. Wipe cache and dalvik
    7. Reboot
    You should now have Xposed installed and enabled, with all of your modules working, without failing SafetyNet. Notes:
    • Do not turn off Xposed with RootSwitch with this build. It will probably break things because of differences in how app_process sits, and the entire point of this build is that you don't need to do this.
    • The only build I made was for ARM and Marshmallow, because that's all I have to test on
    • The official uninstaller won't work right with this version, so use my version of the uninstaller instead
    • This passes SafetyNet as of November 2nd. It probably won't for very long.
    Technical details:
    • I made this build by compiling my own app_process, then editing it into the stock installer zip. I didn't recompile anything else or use the tools to make the zip.
    • app_process32 is now a regular file instead of a symlink to app_process32_xposed.
    • XposedBridge.jar is now called YqptfeBridge.jar (since SafetyNet checks the classpath for a file called XposedBridge.jar)
    • I obfuscated many of the strings in the app_process binary with a simple Caesar cipher. The source for this is in the GitHub with the download link.
    Enjoy it while it lasts!