[ROM][4.4.2] SlimKat - I9000 [STABLE!]

1,069 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,294

By mnazim, Inactive Recognized Developer on 13th December 2013, 06:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd September 2015, 09:22 PM |#1291  
Thanks Meter: 206

More
ETried to install the last official build but have no signal....when stock rom and last cyanogen 11 nightly have.

Under slimkat, when trying to enter advanced network settings, I have a popup telling " no SIM, please insert one and reboot".

Any idea why?

Edit: strangely installing Slimkat after having tried cyanogenmod 11 did the trick. Signal works now..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Free mobile app

24th September 2015, 05:55 PM |#1292  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Malappuram
Thanks Meter: 2,441

Donate to Me
More
Slimkat is still stable. ?
25th September 2015, 01:00 PM |#1293  
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Running it for two days. So far so good.

Just music player crashes. The rzst is ok.

16th November 2015, 11:11 PM |#1294  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Users who flashed a custom kernel, which one did you find to be faster for day to day use?
17th November 2015, 04:45 PM |#1295  
Thanks Meter: 275

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnuckwade

Users who flashed a custom kernel, which one did you find to be faster for day to day use?

DomnesuKernel and DomnesuKernel Aroma installer link
The Following User Says Thank You to jupiter5700 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jupiter5700 Ad-Free
5th December 2015, 05:30 PM |#1296  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghirrim

ETried to install the last official build but have no signal....when stock rom and last cyanogen 11 nightly have.

Under slimkat, when trying to enter advanced network settings, I have a popup telling " no SIM, please insert one and reboot".

Any idea why?

Edit: strangely installing Slimkat after having tried cyanogenmod 11 did the trick. Signal works now..

having the same issue here anyone has any idea? tried to backup efs files and recover them after new installation but still no reception.
6th December 2015, 12:11 AM |#1297  
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 2,339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by svidlak

having the same issue here anyone has any idea? tried to backup efs files and recover them after new installation but still no reception.

Which was your previous ROM?

tetakpatalked from 1+One
28th December 2015, 08:31 AM |#1298  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by remichi

Sorry for the late reply guys. In the meantime I magically got Edge (E) connection without changing the modem. It is fine for apps as Whatsapp and Wechat but browsing is a nightmare.

I know my Chinese simcard allows 3G and 4G, so it must be the hardware or software of the phone that prevents me from getting 3G or H.

I will try flashing some different modems to see if it helps, I have first downloaded the original XXJVT modem so I can put that back in case I need to..

People advise to get China Unicom simcard instead of my current China Mobile. But the i9000 was sold in China so it should work here right, with the right modem?

Hey, not sure if you solved this, or still care. I'm only seeing this post now because I was thinking of resurrecting my SGS.

China Mobile uses a modified implementation of 3G, and likely 4G. You'll only connect to those networks if you bought a phone from China Mobile, or a secondhand one of theirs. I got this from a helpful China Telecom employee, who also told me that my LTE-enabled Nexus 7 (2013) wouldn't get LTE on the China Telecom network either; he told me to go to China Unicom!

So are you still using WeChat on your i9000? It's the only reason I'm looking into using it again. I have a Motorola Defy+ running CM7.2 (most stable/secure for it), and it hangs like crazy just opening WeChat.
28th December 2015, 09:03 AM |#1299  
Thanks Meter: 562

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by groksteady

China Mobile uses a modified implementation of 3G, and likely 4G.

willmyphonework gives :

Device 3G bands not compatible

for 3G, Chinamobile uses : TD-SCDMA-1900MHz, TD-SCDMA-2000MHz, TD-SCDMA-2300MHz
The Following User Says Thank You to Kéno40 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kéno40 Ad-Free
31st December 2015, 04:07 AM |#1300  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kéno40

willmyphonework gives :

Device 3G bands not compatible

for 3G, Chinamobile uses : TD-SCDMA-1900MHz, TD-SCDMA-2000MHz, TD-SCDMA-2300MHz

cheers, @Kéno40. For simplicity's sake, I said 'modified implentation'. But yes, those TD-SCDMA versions are the Chinese versions developed independently of the common Western implementations. Welcome to China!
8th February 2016, 02:54 PM |#1301  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Currently running Android 4.3.1/Kernal is 3.0.101+ Semaphore, on my Captivate.
Will this SLIMKAT 4.4.4 flash right over what I have? Running Semaphore CWM Recovery v6.0.3.8 Phone is rooted. Appreciated!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fast, i9000, kitkat, slim

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)