[ROM][4.4.2] SlimKat - I9000 [STABLE!]

1,069 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,294

By mnazim, Inactive Recognized Developer on 13th December 2013, 06:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th February 2016, 02:54 PM |#1301  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Currently running Android 4.3.1/Kernal is 3.0.101+ Semaphore, on my Captivate.
Will this SLIMKAT 4.4.4 flash right over what I have? Running Semaphore CWM Recovery v6.0.3.8 Phone is rooted. Appreciated!

9th February 2016, 10:55 PM |#1302  
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 2,339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyannt

Currently running Android 4.3.1/Kernal is 3.0.101+ Semaphore, on my Captivate.
Will this SLIMKAT 4.4.4 flash right over what I have? Running Semaphore CWM Recovery v6.0.3.8 Phone is rooted. Appreciated!

CWM versions earlier than 6.0.4.3 cannot flash KitKat. Before flashing a KK ROM make sure to wipe also /system

tetakpatalked from N7100
26th July 2016, 06:01 PM |#1303  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Im really not sure which rom i installed finally but i believe it is this one. It is "Slim-galaxysmtd-4.4.4.build.9.0-OFFICIAL-8276.zip", i put Semaphore_KK_3.4.2s kernel and everything seems to be working fine.
The phone is on the slow side but i guess thats the best this little old thing can do. I really hate how long it takes for it to register touch imput but i have noticed that on EVERY rom.
Voodoo sound + viper4droid seem to work fine, wifi, calls, text everything important works and i havent noticed any bugs yet. I will try to keep the phone unbloated max i can.
This phone used to be my dedicated audio player on an older CM rom that i butchered so it can only play music and use least ram possibe as an audio player. Main phone broke so now i put this and it is a fully working phone it seems. If anyone got any advice with kernels and ways to overclock a bit or something completely else feel free to let me know by a reply.
Thank you to the developers and all that helped in making this what im currently running. _
Cheers

edit: downloaded semaphore manager but it only gives option to oc to 1200mhz while last rom which was much slower worked up to 1400. I wonder if there is an easy way to oc a bit more.
I also wonder if there is any way to make touch more responsive.

Cheers.
26th July 2016, 11:33 PM |#1304  
Flag Kovacica
Thanks Meter: 6

More
@goa604 I recently install 5.1.1 rom and it is fast and stable i don't use camera so i got 420 Mb of ram you could try that
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...3228101/page22

it's very simple u can go straight from this rom to 5.1.1
27th July 2016, 06:54 PM |#1305  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaklav

@goa604 I recently install 5.1.1 rom and it is fast and stable i don't use camera so i got 420 Mb of ram you could try that
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...3228101/page22

it's very simple u can go straight from this rom to 5.1.1

@zaklav thank you for the recommendation but i dont have any energy left to install new rom then setting voodoo sound and every app i have again.
just wondering how to modify OC a bit more and make touch more responsive because if i touch something to quick it doesnt register, if i slide from status bar too fast i doesnt register... its as if there is a delay for some reason.
27th July 2016, 08:09 PM |#1306  
Flag Tampere
Thanks Meter: 263

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goa604

@zaklav thank you for the recommendation but i dont have any energy left to install new rom then setting voodoo sound and every app i have again.
just wondering how to modify OC a bit more and make touch more responsive because if i touch something to quick it doesnt register, if i slide from status bar too fast i doesnt register... its as if there is a delay for some reason.

Hi, I was using this ROM for a long time on my Galaxy S, until I borked it. Well, I came to say that I didn't have this kind of delay on touch input. The ROM was very responsive. I think something is interfering the touch input in your installation. There are indeed - if I remember correctly - methods to boost the touch input. List of build.prop edits for example. BUT by the sound of it, it might be wise to set up again from blank slate and try again. I had good results with Mackay kernel for I9000 too.
27th July 2016, 08:16 PM |#1307  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weazie

Hi, I was using this ROM for a long time on my Galaxy S, until I borked it. Well, I came to say that I didn't have this kind of delay on touch input. The ROM was very responsive. I think something is interfering the touch input in your installation. There are indeed - if I remember correctly - methods to boost the touch input. List of build.prop edits for example. BUT by the sound of it, it might be wise to set up again from blank slate and try again. I had good results with Mackay kernel for I9000 too.

@weazie like i mentioned i noticed it on all roms so i think its just the way the older phones are compared to new ones, i just wonder if there is a setting somewhere for touch refresh rate or its just the way it is. thanks
27th July 2016, 08:21 PM |#1308  
Flag Tampere
Thanks Meter: 263

More
Quote:

@weazie like i mentioned i noticed it on all roms so i think its just the way the older phones are compared to new ones, i just wonder if there is a setting somewhere for touch refresh rate or its just the way it is. thanks

Yes, it's possible that I9000 'felt fast'. But 'twas not so long ago I still used it all the time. There is no straight 'setting' anywhere, but if you edit the build.prop and try different kernels, maybe it'll improve.
27th July 2016, 08:36 PM |#1309  
Flag Lucerne

More
Quote:

OC was never really working very well with the i9000. Some people claim that overclocking 1.2 was doing fine (if minimal freq set to 200MHz!) but any time I tried, it resulted in SOD and empty battery sooner or later.

Just to share my experience with you guys, no ROM is faster on the i9000 than Mackay ICS 2014 (4.0.4)

The main problem for the i9000 getting lot slower by the time is Samsung's general problem: aging internal memory.
The Following User Says Thank You to tetakpatak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tetakpatak Ad-Free
4th September 2016, 09:30 AM |#1310  
Thanks Meter: 83

Donate to Me
More
Thank you for you advice @tetakpatak .
Any advice on fast rom 4.3+ ?
Thank you !
4th September 2016, 10:05 AM |#1311  
Flag Lucerne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveen

Thank you for you advice @tetakpatak .
Any advice on fast rom 4.3+ ?
Thank you !

My own experience is, that all the KK ROMs are a lot more battery friendly than the JB ROMs.

At least on my i9000 was that way.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fast, i9000, kitkat, slim

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)