FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.2+] Swipe status bar (notifications)

231 posts
Thanks Meter: 126

By Thomas., Senior Member on 16th June 2013, 07:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th May 2014, 09:15 PM |#161  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas.

Because I stopped development of this application, I can share source code, if someone will wants. In Android 4.4 is function for swipe down status bar integrated in system. I myself this application do not use anymore...

Hello Thomas.
I'm not a developer, but would like to attempt to get the permanent status option bar working on my Omate Truesmart if you would be willing to share.

--fg

15th June 2014, 12:39 AM |#162  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
I am interested in the source as well, the part to handle the "alternative mode" to show the status bar also on an Omate TrueSmart.
(Possibly integrate in Xposed Additions module).
3rd December 2014, 11:04 PM |#163  

More
Hello @Thomas.
Any possibility to share how the "alternative mode" pulls down the status bar?
5th December 2014, 05:35 PM |#164  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhardo

Hello @Thomas.
Any possibility to share how the "alternative mode" pulls down the status bar?

No problem. Here you are source codes. Please do not upload my project on Google Play with some other name
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...eStatusBar.zip
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thomas. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thomas. Ad-Free
5th December 2014, 10:21 PM |#165  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas.

No problem. Here you are source codes. Please do not upload my project on Google Play with some other name

Thanks!

No I do not plan to put up an app on Google Play, but I would like put the project on GitHub.
There may be public releases too.
What license for the code GPL or Apache?

I added the project to git and converted to Android Studio.
I hope the source will be helpful, have not investigated yet.
6th December 2014, 12:12 AM |#166  

More
The app already supports something I was looking for: Permanent status bar.
Not intended for public use, but usable.
Edit: Not usable, Back is lost globally (not just button but also those injected with swipes etc).

Tap Menu 5 times to show developer settings, then Tick show Permanent, Recent Apps and swipe away SwipeStatusBar and the bar is permanent.
Should be possible to tweak the UI here and add an option: Only in Home screen.
An app shortcut to toggle would be nice too.
6th December 2014, 11:24 AM |#167  
OP Senior Member

More
Licence is GPL. Permanent visibility is only for me when I need tweak settings. It just show blue bar at top.
23rd December 2014, 11:23 PM |#168  

More
Added to GitHub
https://github.com/gerhardol/SwipeStatusBar

No changes committed, just migrated to Android Studio, adding GPL headers.
11th January 2015, 05:51 PM |#169  
Thanks Meter: 642

More
This is excellent gerhardo!

Any plans on updating it for KitKat compatibility?
21st January 2015, 10:36 PM |#170  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuronosan

Any plans on updating it for KitKat compatibility?

This is discussed elsewhere too, a summary in this thread.

SwipeStatusBar (the version in Play included) works fine. Most KitKat ROMs do not need it though, due to the Immersive mode in KitKat.

Umeox Smartwatches has a need for a statusbar pulldown, as the StatusBar is hidden in all apps except for the stock launcher. The way this is done is some custom change to the AOSP, I have not seen it in the code drop that exists (may be Mediatek generic). Other apps fail but the "Alternative Mode" can pull the statusbar in 4.2 ROMs.
For KitKat, SwipeStatusBar works in itself, not Alternative Mode. Increase the vibration to feel when the app tries to pull down the status bar. However, the Umeox modification is quicker to revert the pulldown in KitKat, so pulldown normally fails.

I have been doing some work with the code and tried to tweak it. (This also involves build changes, like building with Android Studio etc). However, this app is not able to trick the Umeox changes.
I have added App Shortcuts that can pull the status bar in Alternative Mode though, if anyone is interested. (The handling is not working for normal mode yet.)
If someone is interested, I could make a build available.

The original problem with the statusbar can be addressed with XPosed module GravityBox in KitKat (GravityBox did not work in 4.2), so there is another workaround.

The Swipe code has helped me to understand the original problem. Thanks to @Thomas. for supplying it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)