[MOD] avlock[11], a real, system-level lock screen replacement (fixed 04/22/2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

maddie

Nov 17, 2006
Shenzhen
the update-script is missing.. try extracting "system" and push the files accordingly under recovery.

in recovery:
adb shell mount /system
adb push system /system

then reboot

_avatar

Aug 19, 2009
Yeah, not sure what happened -- looks like I somehow omitted a couple update files. I just posted a new build in the first post, please let me know if this fixes the issue.

Wysie

Jul 4, 2009
Hi avatar, I have some suggestions:

1. Mod the current drag lock so that points are repeatable.
2. Implement a combination of both? So we can say have a tap, followed by a drag sequence.

Thank you!

_avatar

Aug 19, 2009
Can anyone else confirm that the new update flashes but doesn't have a timeout setting? If this one is still problematic I'll revert the post to point towards build 10 until I get home this evening to figure out what's going on.

romracer

Apr 4, 2010
Kansas City
I wiped my cache and push'ed the files from the original [11] manually and it seems to work fine now (the timeout option is there). The file sizes for the APKs/JARs on the original [11] and the new one are the same size, so I assume it was my cache.

I noticed the update-script doesn't set the perms on SettingsProvider, but I don't know that the permissions are checked anyway. If they are, then maybe that's why it didn't work for me. I manually set all my perms after pushing manually just to be safe.

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Can anyone else confirm that the new update flashes but doesn't have a timeout setting? If this one is still problematic I'll revert the post to point towards build 10 until I get home this evening to figure out what's going on.

I threw your originally posted files into my own update (for theme purposes) and flashed that. I have the timeout options working just fine.

Stea1thmode

Aug 16, 2009
London
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 3a XL

okay, so now I've reflashed build 11 but where do I find the timeout settings,
Is it not under loccation and security settings?

_avatar

Aug 19, 2009
It should be Settings > Location & Security > Set PIN check timeout -- right below "Enable PIN lock."

timothydonohue

Oct 2, 2007
Portland, Maine
i love the idea. i hope enom implements this in his next iteration. and, here's hoping it will be set up to play nicely with theme implementation, because i change themes occasionally

jblazea50

Feb 10, 2010
Beltsville
_avatar, this may be a dumb question, but what are the 9 recent apps?

when i go to pershoot's page, the title is 9 recent apps + AVLock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    avlock[10] is a (the first?) real, *system-level* lock screen replacement for Android (CM 5.0.6).

it replaces the standard "connect the dots" behavior with pin-like mechanism. patterns can be arbitrarily large, and nodes can be repeated. also, there are no numbers -- just circles. definitely not for everyone, but i think some people may like it.

here's how it works:

http://files.clangen.org/avlock/avlock.m4v

if you want to try it you must have CM 5.0.6 installed, then:

1. reboot to bootloader
    2. nandroid backup <-- do it. seriously. just in case.
    3. flash avlock[x].zip
    4. reboot
    5. if you don't have a lock pattern already, set one: Home > Menu > Settings > Location and Security > Set Unlock Pattern

faq:

q: what happens if something goes really wrong and i can't log in?
    a: i've been tweaking this mod for a long time and you shouldn't have any problems. BUT IF YOU DO:

* restore from nandroid backup made in step 2 above

OR

* if you know how to use adb, just delete the file pattern file and reboot:

adb remount
    adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key
    adb shell reboot

q: what files are replaced by the patch?
    a: framework.jar, framework-res.apk, android.policy.jar, Settings.apk

q: why not just distribute this as a simple .apk file?
    a: this is a system-level mod because it replaces system-level components. it cannot be distributed as an .apk.

changelog:

avlock[8]:
    * initial release

avlock[9]:
    * added tactile feedback
    * reduced login delay

avlock[10]:
    * disabling "Use visible pattern" works now
    * better integration with system and Settings.
    * re-added drag lock option.

avlock[11]:
    * added the ability to specify a pattern timeout

use at your own risk. i am not responsible for any damages caused by this software. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST!

caution: if you update your rom, install a theme, or flash another mod that replaces framework.jar, framework-res.apk, or android.framework.jar, you may not be able to log in upon reboot (or even spin into a boot loop). either (1) make sure you disable your lock screen before flashing or (2) rm gesture.key as described in the faq!

download:

avlock[11]: http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=202 (thanks, pershoot)

sources:

http://github.com/avatar5d