FORUMS

[APP][DEV] OTA Update Center. (Released version 2.0.5)

306 posts
Thanks Meter: 334
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from M3nti0n: Version 2.0 Released, also available on the market! It's stable, and working on almost all devices!
1st August 2012, 09:02 PM |#11  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Zoetermeer
Thanks Meter: 334
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron gokhle

awesome work man i'm waiting for ota app like this i'm ready to put my Unofficial Cyanogenmod 7.2 and Cyanogenmod 9 builds of LG P350

Nice, tell me what you think about it


Quote:
Originally Posted by clark44

Nice work. Will see what I can do for FreeGS3.

Use it like discribed in the FAQ on the website and you will be happy


Quote:
Originally Posted by antdking

hey. possible to push patches this way instead of replacing the whole rom?
great idea btw

Yes, just like an OTA should, you just need to make a nice update.zip though, if the updaterscript isn't right it wont work
3rd August 2012, 06:10 AM |#12  
devilsking's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Themer
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 1,020
 
Donate to Me
More
Can u change option after downloading zip file to "open recovery" becoz after downloading and choose "flash zip", my galaxy ace stucks at flashing screen Btw, this is really awesome work. I'm waiting for your reply and release new update for my rom.

Thank you!

Devilsking
3rd August 2012, 07:33 AM |#13  
badjaguar007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Great work guys! Godspeed!
3rd August 2012, 11:28 AM |#14  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Zoetermeer
Thanks Meter: 334
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsking

Can u change option after downloading zip file to "open recovery" becoz after downloading and choose "flash zip", my galaxy ace stucks at flashing screen Btw, this is really awesome work. I'm waiting for your reply and release new update for my rom.

Thank you!

Devilsking

I think you are doing something wrong, its just going to the recovery as you say, its stuck on flashing screen, its the flashing screen of the recovery. be sure you are using ClockWork Mod Recovery and that the updaterscript is working perfectly. If you are sure you are using clockworkmod and the updaterscript is working the right way, please send me a pm with the recovery.log right after trying to flash using the OTA Updater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badjaguar007

Great work guys! Godspeed!

Thanks mate!
3rd August 2012, 03:40 PM |#15  
devilsking's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Themer
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 1,020
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweulink

I think you are doing something wrong, its just going to the recovery as you say, its stuck on flashing screen, its the flashing screen of the recovery. be sure you are using ClockWork Mod Recovery and that the updaterscript is working perfectly. If you are sure you are using clockworkmod and the updaterscript is working the right way, please send me a pm with the recovery.log right after trying to flash using the OTA Updater.



Thanks mate!

I can flash my rom normally in cwm recovery 5 and I dont think there're something wrong while it can run well I will send u log asap. Btw, I love ur work and I want to use it. Thank for ur hard work

Edit: tried again and after pressing "install zip" it boots and stucks at screen with a warning triangle and android icon. Here is log file. After failure of flashing via Updater, I tried to open recovery manually and flash the downloaded file. It can be flashed well.

Devilsking
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (3.9 KB, 204 views)
3rd August 2012, 04:49 PM |#16  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Zoetermeer
Thanks Meter: 334
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsking

I can flash my rom normally in cwm recovery 5 and I dont think there're something wrong while it can run well I will send u log asap. Btw, I love ur work and I want to use it. Thank for ur hard work

Edit: tried again and after pressing "install zip" it boots and stucks at screen with a warning triangle and android icon. Here is log file. After failure of flashing via Updater, I tried to open recovery manually and flash the downloaded file. It can be flashed well.

Devilsking

Hey mate,

I would like to tell you what you'd do wrong there.
You'd not re-sign your rom after you edited the build.prop and adding the apk file i think.
Or you didn't sign the rom at all.

Please resign the rom, then check md5 hash again, and update that in the control panel.

Code:
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /sdcard/OTA-Updater/download/The Myth 2_2.0.1.zip
Opening update package...
I:1 key(s) loaded from /res/keys
Verifying update package...
I:verify_file returned 1
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

I hope you will be able to fix it that way, if not, please tell me about it
The Following User Says Thank You to M3nti0n For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift M3nti0n Ad-Free
3rd August 2012, 06:14 PM |#17  
devilsking's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Themer
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 1,020
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweulink

Hey mate,

I would like to tell you what you'd do wrong there.
You'd not re-sign your rom after you edited the build.prop and adding the apk file i think.
Or you didn't sign the rom at all.

Please resign the rom, then check md5 hash again, and update that in the control panel.

Code:
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /sdcard/OTA-Updater/download/The Myth 2_2.0.1.zip
Opening update package...
I:1 key(s) loaded from /res/keys
Verifying update package...
I:verify_file returned 1
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

I hope you will be able to fix it that way, if not, please tell me about it

lol. I signed it and it's flashable (I mentioned above). this only cannot flash when use updater I tried to flash downloaded file manually and it worked, my friend. If u have any solution, plz tell me. Thank u.
3rd August 2012, 06:41 PM |#18  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Zoetermeer
Thanks Meter: 334
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsking

I can flash my rom normally in cwm recovery 5 and I dont think there're something wrong while it can run well I will send u log asap. Btw, I love ur work and I want to use it. Thank for ur hard work

Edit: tried again and after pressing "install zip" it boots and stucks at screen with a warning triangle and android icon. Here is log file. After failure of flashing via Updater, I tried to open recovery manually and flash the downloaded file. It can be flashed well.

Devilsking

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsking

lol. I signed it and it's flashable (I mentioned above). this only cannot flash when use updater I tried to flash downloaded file manually and it worked, my friend. If u have any solution, plz tell me. Thank u.



I tell you, remake the rom, add things in build.prop, add the apk, and after that sign the rom...
Try again, if its then still not working, just come back, we'd test it with many different roms, and also how it gave the signature error. and it only gives the signature error when its edited after the rom has been signed without re-signing.
3rd August 2012, 07:07 PM |#19  
devilsking's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Themer
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 1,020
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweulink

I tell you, remake the rom, add things in build.prop, add the apk, and after that sign the rom...
Try again, if its then still not working, just come back, we'd test it with many different roms, and also how it gave the signature error. and it only gives the signature error when its edited after the rom has been signed without re-signing.

But I did re-signed it If it's not resigned, it cannot be flashable.
3rd August 2012, 07:23 PM |#20  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Zoetermeer
Thanks Meter: 334
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsking

But I did re-signed it If it's not resigned, it cannot be flashable.

Please ask a real rom dev how to re-sign a rom, you cant just resign without removing the old sign. i bet some rom devs will be able to explain you how to sign your rom the right way.
6th August 2012, 08:15 PM |#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 411
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweulink

Please ask a real rom dev how to re-sign a rom, you cant just resign without removing the old sign. i bet some rom devs will be able to explain you how to sign your rom the right way.

Yeah... I had to do all kinds of searching but I found a signer that actually worked... id post a link to it but I forgot where I got it from... this app works flawlessly but the clear cache option doesnt seem to work on my phone... I have a zte warp... other than that I love it... with this I can release small on the fly updates... rather than re-uploading my entire rom everytime I change a few things...

Sent from my N860 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes