FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread [ HTC One | HTC 10 | U11 / U11+ | U12+]

33,233 posts
Thanks Meter: 27,170

By hamdir, Recognized Contributor on 7th August 2013, 08:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st August 2015, 06:44 AM |#28631  
Thanks Meter: 253

More
I'm fine with people disagreeing with me, that's the point of a discussion. But when people try to provoke me by saying I'm ridiculous and stupid and I should just praise the HTC God, then I get irritated and I don't feel like I can keep an intellectual debate with such a person.

However Silver.Shadow should be used as a prime example of how you treat someone that disagrees with you. Counter arguments and respect. Anything else is preschool nonsense.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MSIOCGenie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MSIOCGenie Ad-Free
21st August 2015, 10:02 AM |#28633  
OP Recognized Contributor
Beirut

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by massalami

do watch the battery life as I´ve heard the hit on it could be anything from 5-15%, but that was on older devices (two, three years back)

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 AM ----------

"uses 64bit MTK6753 octa core CPU and Mali-T720 GPU"
so out of the gate, the price is explained lol
Samsung 3L2 sensor, not sure about the quality of the camera shots.
on the other hand, the design is exactly like the g3 in the front, so I don´t think they could get away with that design outside of china due to lawsuits.

that phone is NOT a flagship level phone (disagreeing with the reviewer only) IMO, and the OP2 is still a better offering. It has its compromises, but the solid camera, great battery life, good display and s810 soc at that price is a much better deal tbh[COLOR="Silver"]

can you imagine the software quality on that thing....

more and more, i feel that Android fans have lost sight of real quality of things, we want features, we want new shiny things but we no longer care for highly reliable evolved quality of software or hardware, I didnt love HTC for their smooth software, like i said in 2010 it had the worst most laggy launcher! i loved HTC because they were the only OEM who did highly balanced, sane, well designed, crash free and quality work like Apple for Android! they are the Apple of the Android world and i am yet to find their replacement, there is a reason why the iPhone 6 is selling like hotcakes despite the fact that it has the very worst iPhone design yet, people want quality, reliablity and they are getting sick of Android and it's imperfect broken ways

if anything the only company approaching HTC's holistic level of quality in everything, it's Motorola, HTC should have accepted a Lenovo deal when they had the chance....if HTC is over, my next phone would be a Motorola, i just hope they do a full fledged flagship within the 5.0" to 5.2" range
21st August 2015, 10:10 AM |#28634  
Recognized Contributor
Gotham
Thanks Meter: 5,537

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khandelwalsiddharth

Galaxy Note 5 vs. OnePlus Two vs. LG G4 Speed Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV8LlTxcIvY

Conclusion: OP2 has crappy multitasking capabilities !!
And the G4 with its S808 and low memory bandwith along with a murdering QHD resolution acts faster than the OP2 in every aspect AND is comparable to the Note5 despite it packing 4 GB RAM with high memory bandwith and a 14 nm miracle!
Interested to see the speed test between the M9 and the OP2 and the Note5
21st August 2015, 11:35 AM |#28635  
Beirut

More
HTC shares fall to new low despite award won by VR device in Germany

Quote:

In terms of the HTC Vive, investors remained cautious about HTC's strategy to enter the VR turf as the market has expected the new business will yield only limited benefits to the smartphone vendor in the near term.

Investors Say HTC Ain’t Worth Squat

Quote:

HTC is betting that a commitment to pricier phones such as those in its One line—well-received by reviewers but mostly ignored by customers—will encourage partnerships with well-known companies in other industries. The phone maker is working with video game developer Valve on its VR project and inked a deal with Under Armour last year to make fitness bands that carry the sportswear label’s brand. Were HTC to shift toward cheaper models, “I don’t think Under Armour would work with us,” Chief Financial Officer Chang Chialin said at a press briefing on Aug. 6.

“Their strategy is not very clear,” says Richard Ko, an analyst for KGI Securities. “VR is very cool, but it’s a niche product, which I don’t see contributing to sales in the next 12 months.” So far, none of HTC’s plans looks like a turnaround, Ko says. If sales grow, or at least stop falling, the planned 35 percent cuts might help HTC break even. Without them, he estimates, HTC will be out of cash within three years. Says Ko: “They have to stop the bleeding.”

The bottom line: HTC is counting on high-end smartphones and cost-cutting to help make up for its dwindling market share.

https://twitter.com/wheelergd/status/634652491800571904

Quote:

graham wheeler ‏@wheelergd 39m39 minutes ago
Yesterday we released the latest libStageFright update for the HTC One M7 to consumers in Europe. More devices to follow

https://twitter.com/LlabTooFeR/statu...74154122444800

Quote:

LlabTooFeR ‏@LlabTooFeR now20 seconds ago
HTC just released HTC Motion Launch app update in Google Play. App version is 2.1.588853.

21st August 2015, 11:37 AM |#28636  
Flag Raleigh, North carolina
Thanks Meter: 220

More
HTC AERO leaks in progress :P

https://twitter.com/stagueve/status/634659202376540161

Is this new sense?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	456
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	3446571  
The Following User Says Thank You to khandelwalsiddharth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift khandelwalsiddharth Ad-Free
21st August 2015, 11:38 AM |#28637  
Beirut

More
this is sanity:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar302

Ok, my personal experience coming from an M8 to an M9+ then to the M9:

In short, M9. Period.

The M9+ is good, but performance wise, it was on par with the M8, but with even a little more lag in the user interface. The M8 before the Lollipop update was even better. The fingerprint scanner worked very good. The duo camera is non sense, especially that you have to select either high resolution (similar to an M9) or duo. With the duo camera on, you get only ~4mp images like the M8.

One big issue with the M9+, THERE IS NO DEVELOPMENT or MODS!!!! so, flashaholics, KEEP AWAY. Only @tbalden made a stock rom & a kernel with some mods.

Quality, M9 & M9+ are similar, of course the screen of the M9+ has higher resolution, but you can't tell or notice except that it is bigger. Also, for those who use Polarized sunglasses, with the M9 I can see the screen very clear in portrait, the M9+ has to be in landscape.

Finally, the M9+ is big & can feel cumbersome, big & heavy to put in your pocket & with the aluminum design/edges easily becomes uncomfortable (this is without a case). Now I really understand why HTC made the decision to make the M9 as their main flagship phone.

Edit: Forget to mention, battery life of M9 is better (running 5.1), and the M9 can get hotter/warmer than the M9+, but that is expected given it is much more powerful, but I am used to that heat as it is not more than what I used to get with the M8. I also noticed that the last 10-15% of battery life with the M9+ would drain much much faster.

21st August 2015, 12:39 PM |#28638  
Beirut

More
Lenovo is behind ZUK as well

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015...medium=twitter

alas HTC you are ****ed
21st August 2015, 01:31 PM |#28639  
Thanks Meter: 675

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khandelwalsiddharth

HTC AERO leaks in progress

https://twitter.com/stagueve/status/634659202376540161

Is this new sense?

Nice wallpaper!

Sent from my HTC One_M8
21st August 2015, 01:37 PM |#28640  
Beirut

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizevnarastek

Nice wallpaper!

Sent from my HTC One_M8

i think its just a Sense 7 theme, and ugly duo-tone color scheme as well, i hope HTC avoids those and go for full fleged Android L/M colorful feel
The Following User Says Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamdir Ad-Free
21st August 2015, 01:45 PM |#28641  
Thanks Meter: 675

More
I don't know but it somehow feels lighter... The battery icon seem different and the nav bar looks smaller/thinner... I like the clock (not the color) and the integrated search is a nice touch. The Google bar is way to big for my taste.

I get the colorful scheme of Lollipop and Marshmallow but I've always preferred the all black theming. Good thing we have built in themes. Hope those will extend to shaping the home panes more with support for third party icons and spacing and grid adjustments as well.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc, htc 10, htc one, info, knowledge base, m9 m8 m7 m4 t6 m10 perfume, nvidia tegra, ocean u ultra, qualcomm snapdragon adreno, sense zoe ultrapixel imagesense, u11 u11+ u12+, usonic

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)