FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread [ HTC One | HTC 10 | U11 / U11+ | U12+]

33,233 posts
Thanks Meter: 27,170

By hamdir, Recognized Contributor on 7th August 2013, 08:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th January 2016, 07:19 PM |#33131  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 509

More
Wondering if the m10 will come before mwc since it is already on att
28th January 2016, 07:20 PM |#33132  
Flag Lombard, IL.
Thanks Meter: 798

More
New HTC One M10 details: Quad HD AMOLED display, fingerprint scanner, 12 UltraPixel OIS camera and more
http://phandroid.com/2016/01/28/htc-one-m10-specs-info/

- The HTC One M10 will have a 5.1-inch Quad HD (2560 x 1440) display.
- The rear camera is a 12MP UltraPixel sensor, and both the rear and front sensors will have optical image stabilization.
- Inside is a Snapdragon 820 chipset, 4GB of RAM and at least 32GB of storage (which can be expanded via microSD).
- There’s a home button that doubles as a fingerprint scanner.
- Boomsound speakers are gone.
- It’ll ship with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and Sense 8.0.
28th January 2016, 07:25 PM |#33133  
Thanks Meter: 619

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcrp94

They use pentile on their own, i've handled my cousins S6 and the pentile is less visible than on the S6 edge plus of my other cousin, the 5,1" size does help mask it. I think i have a device with the last Super Amoled Plus (RGB matrix) Samsung ever made, the PS Vita (original model), and you can't see any of that cross like pattern despite it's low resolution but i notice degradation in image quality compared to regular AMOLED panels. If they match the S7 on camera and battery i'm picking up one as soon as it arrives on my carrier, i'll risk the early buy because i can't wait to get rid of my M8 (two years is too much for me, never going for such a long cycle again).

Super AMOLED 'Plus' moniker was used only in GS2, it was hardly ever used by Samsung after that. That doesn't mean Samsung AMOLED displays were all PenTile. Tab S 10.5, Tab S2 9.7, J7 etc., are not PenTile, yet you won't find Plus moniker anywhere. So when they say Super AMOLED, it could mean either of those. In phones, it's mostly like a PenTile if you are looking at QHD displays.
Rather the PenTile/non-PenTile issue, I would concentrate on generation of displays HTC can get. Even when Google specifically confirmed 6P has the latest gen display from Samsung, it was far from truth. The biggest issue comes in display efficiency at 100% APL. Nexus 6P display was a little better than S5, way behind S6. From S4 --> Note5, Samsung improved display efficiency by 40%, even after doubling the resolution. I feel it's rather the generation of display that will play bigger role than than the sub-pixel matrix.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CLARiiON For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CLARiiON Ad-Free
28th January 2016, 07:44 PM |#33134  
Thanks Meter: 815

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARiiON

I feel it's rather the generation of display that will play bigger role than than the sub-pixel matrix.

M10 will probably get the screen of SG6, no?
28th January 2016, 08:22 PM |#33135  
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Yep it's always 1 or 2 years old for direct competition

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
28th January 2016, 08:38 PM |#33136  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Didn't LG just spend a bunch of money on a new OLED factory? Could that be a possible source instead of Samsung?
28th January 2016, 08:41 PM |#33137  
OP Recognized Contributor
Beirut

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizevnarastek

Yes. A 1/1.8" sensor. Remember the UltraPixel had 2 micron pixels but at 12MP that just isn't viable without a big bulge. At 1.6 micron pixels it just isn't UltraPixel.. Specially when Samsung has the same pixel size in it's S7 and calls it SomethingSamsungWizzPixle.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

The OV purecell at 1.3um is a bloody low light killer, I think they can rightfully call it ultrapixel if it's higher than 1.4um with OIS PDAF and laser (OV is the only one willing to build them a custom sensor like that again)

Anyway it looks like I will finally have my black slab HTC phone

In fact I am willing to swallow onscreen buttons just so HTC wouldn't ruin the the front design with stupid menu icons like they did with the X9 (they were never smart enough to turn them off during screen off like everyone else)
28th January 2016, 08:58 PM |#33138  
Thanks Meter: 818

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARiiON

Super AMOLED 'Plus' moniker was used only in GS2, it was hardly ever used by Samsung after that. That doesn't mean Samsung AMOLED displays were all PenTile. Tab S 10.5, Tab S2 9.7, J7 etc., are not PenTile, yet you won't find Plus moniker anywhere. So when they say Super AMOLED, it could mean either of those. In phones, it's mostly like a PenTile if you are looking at QHD displays.
Rather the PenTile/non-PenTile issue, I would concentrate on generation of displays HTC can get. Even when Google specifically confirmed 6P has the latest gen display from Samsung, it was far from truth. The biggest issue comes in display efficiency at 100% APL. Nexus 6P display was a little better than S5, way behind S6. From S4 --> Note5, Samsung improved display efficiency by 40%, even after doubling the resolution. I feel it's rather the generation of display that will play bigger role than than the sub-pixel matrix.

Cant be that much "behind" the S6.
Anandtech claims the 6P Panel is more 4.5% more efficent than the Note 4 panel and 16% less effiecent than the Note 5.
28th January 2016, 09:15 PM |#33139  
OP Recognized Contributor
Beirut

More
Remember the rumours of hidden Boomsound speakers? Maybe the person who saw the device failed to notice them

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

More info here, including dimensions

http://www.slashgear.com/htc-one-m10...atch-28424784/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamdir Ad-Free
28th January 2016, 09:22 PM |#33140  
Thanks Meter: 1,736

More
They need to supply a big battery if they want to compete vs the rumoured 3700mah s6 edge in battery lifetime. Same screen technology (or even 1-2 generations older), same soc, same amount of ram... Software and mah will make the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

More info here, including dimensions

http://www.slashgear.com/htc-one-m10...atch-28424784/

Exactly the same size like the m9? I doubt that.
28th January 2016, 09:34 PM |#33141  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shox22

They need to supply a big battery if they want to compete vs the rumoured 3700mah s6 edge in battery lifetime. Same screen technology (or even 1-2 generations older), same soc, same amount of ram... Software and mah will make the difference.

Exactly the same size like the m9? I doubt that.

The Edge is supposedly quite a bit larger than what we are expecting the M10 to be. Asking for a battery that large is a bit unreasonable, I'm not saying it wouldn't be great but it will likely be closer to 3000mah. I don't see the edge as a direct competitor so much as just the normal S7 will be with the reported difference in size.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lightweaponx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lightweaponx Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc, htc 10, htc one, info, knowledge base, m9 m8 m7 m4 t6 m10 perfume, nvidia tegra, ocean u ultra, qualcomm snapdragon adreno, sense zoe ultrapixel imagesense, u11 u11+ u12+, usonic

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)