Flash the Android Market Voice search to Zeki TB1082B,TB892 & TB782B and no need root

Search This thread

cablepama

Apr 23, 2012
Flash the Android Market Voice search to Zeki TB1082B,TB892 & TB782B and no need root

I just release a TB782B 4.0.4 ROM (non wipe ROM) in the below link.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31186466#post31186466

You can found the way to unbrick your Zeki
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35259281#post35259281

Flashing the Android market for Zeki TB782B & TB1082B and no need root

(******Important Notice: Your tablet battery level must be over 50% when flashing the update.zip)

I have search the Chinese links and found the way flash the Google Market to the A10 Chip which is apply in Zeki TB782B and no need to root the tablet.

The steps

You need a micro SD card insert to the Tablet TF Card Slot

If you download the update.zip file from PC

1. Download the attached update.zip
2. Connect the Tablet with the USB wire to the PC USB prot
3. Go to Tablet USB mass Storage Screen and tap on the (Trun on USB Storage)
4. Goto your PC My Computer you will find two new disk, one is Zeki disc
5. copy the update.zip to the root the new disk of the micro SD in the tablet (Don't copy to the Zeki
Disc)
6. Goto Set UP
7. Goto About Tablet>SystemUpdate>Check Now>OK
8. The tablet reboot and go to the recovery screen
9. The recovery finish and power on again
10.. You will get the Google Market. Enjoy it.

Download the Update.zip with the Tablet

1.Tap the update.zip file and it will start to download the file
2 When the file finished download open the Es explorer
3. Tap SDcard download folder and you will find the update.zip file
4. Long Tap the update.zip file and a list jump up
5. Tap on the copy to and another list will jump out
6. Tap on the uppest row name /sdcard and with jump to another page
7. Tap on the /mint/extsd and tap to lowest row OK then the file will copy to the micro SD card
8. Follow PC download steps from 6 to 10
I can get the google market from the above steps if you can't, don't blame me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you like it give me a thank!

Many request to add the voice search.
Here you are the update file for voice search(1.9mb).Extract the voice search file with 7z and file a update file in the voice search file. Follow the Market installation steps.

Somebody can't play the Temple Run game and it is because the G-sensor not tweak.
You can download the FID BN G-sensor Tweak file and extract it and get the update.zip file.
Follow above step to flash the file.

G-sensor Tweak file Warning :Be-Careful the G-sensor Tweak file is only good for the TB782 version which the back cover mark FID :BN (beside the Made In China)
Don't flash to other version and it will corrupt your G-sensor

Someone claimed in other link getting Google play download error.

follow the below steps
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap Applications.
3. Select the All tab.
4. Locate and tap Google Services Framework.
5. Select the Clear data button.
6. Tap OK on the warning that appears.

Although you may not have to, try restarting the device, then try to use Google Play. You should now have no problem downloading apps.

Thank FiOS Dan

Attachments

• update.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 11,947
Last edited:

mell24540

Dec 29, 2011
Set-up

I have done steps 1-5. 6 says go to set up and I'm not sure what you mean by go to set-up. Sorry if I sound dumb but I'm not sure where to go to go thru set up.

I GOT IT!!

Last edited:

driedrice

Apr 5, 2011
does this need CWM or stock recovery

ok folk im on my second zeki. one the 1st one attempted to put CM9 on it after installing cwm. tablet booted to a sputtering white screen . i tlet the battery die then (vol - and power) to boot into recovery but encounter the same results. eventually the screen stopped coming on completly no matter what. I exchanged it at Sears for another.

Now without install CWM i attempted to do this market install. Similar result black screen and unresponsive. Are these things duds or did i miss something

Buxton fuzz

Jun 11, 2011
worked for me

thanks man, it worked for me. this little tablet is great for the price. Too bad this is the only thread anywhere for the zeki.

1of7627

Jun 15, 2010
Have to say this is a sweet little tablet for not much money. I had a little trouble flashing Google Play on, but it was my lack of familiarity with the device and nothing else. Here are some notes in case you need a little more detail than the OP furnished.

1. Charge and power up the device.
2. Install the apps per the leaflet that comes in the box.
3. Open the book reader app and spend a little time with the user manual. It helped me get familiar with some of the buttons and icons that differ on Android 4 from previous versions.
4. Insert a suitable micro SD card.
5. Go to Settings -> Storage and delete everything on the card to clean it up (if necessary).
6. Download the update.zip from the OP in this thread to whatever computer you're going to connect the device to.
7. Connect the USB cable. A USB Connected message should show up in the notification bar at the bottom and the USB symbol should appear.
8. Tap the USB symbol in the notification bar. A message should come up that asks if you want to turn on USB storage and explains that tapping the botton provided will let you copy files to the SD card.
9. As the OP says, two drives will appear. On my system, neither was identified as ZEKI, but one contains a folder named DCIM which is where the camera stores it's files on the SD card, so you know that's the right one. (You can check the properties of each if you want to to check overall size.) Copy the update.zip to the root of the drive with the DCIM folder.
10. You can then eject the device from the computer and let it remount the SD card.
11. On the device, go to Settings -> About Tablet -> Check for update -> Check Now and OK.
12. The device will restart in recov mode and you may see a path error scroll by at the bottom. In any case, the choices appear at the top and one will be to install the update from the SD card.
13. Use the volume rocker (up/down) to highlight that choice and tap the power button to select it.
14. At this point the device installed the update and rebooted.

When all was said and done, Google Play showed up in the app list and it even updated Flash and a couple other things. I used the same Google Account I have on my smartphone. I tried installing a couple of paid apps I have on my phone and it let me with no problem. I'm still playing, but it's pretty much all good so far. - MarkC

Well - I went and bought one - looks waaay better than the 70's style Chino-clunker cheapies anyways. Went to best buy first to check out what they had (pantec and the supernova on sale for $150 (both the same price).. anyways here's what it looks like.

Zeki-6315.jpg

Zeki-6307.jpg

Zeki-6309.jpg

Reactions: stanggman75

stanggman75

Aug 23, 2010
KANSAS CITY, MO
I thought in the description on the Kmart site said that it charged through usb port, is the picture above the Zeki 7in tablet. Can you charge through usb? thanks

"Mini-USB port for battery recharge" -kmart

Last edited:

gnslngr45

Jun 15, 2012
Charging options

The tablet comes with the wall plug with proprietary connection, but you should be able to use the USB cord attached to your computer as well. I have not tried this yet, but it is stated.

Reactions: stanggman75

tubekeeper

Feb 28, 2011
New York
Yes - both ports show charging, but the manual recommends charging via the wall wart port.

Sent from my TB782B using XDA

charging current in usb port is lower than wall plug and take longer

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

ok folk im on my second zeki. one the 1st one attempted to put CM9 on it after installing cwm. tablet booted to a sputtering white screen . i tlet the battery die then (vol - and power) to boot into recovery but encounter the same results. eventually the screen stopped coming on completly no matter what. I exchanged it at Sears for another.

Now without install CWM i attempted to do this market install. Similar result black screen and unresponsive. Are these things duds or did i miss something

try install after factory reset with the tick on clean SD card

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

I'm itching to try a new rom on this thing, but not quite sure where to start - besides getting CMR on it first. Judging from the screen shot - does it look familiar to anything that might be compatible ROM wise?
IMG_20120614_212143.jpg

don't try it the bootloader is lock. it will brick the table.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

I'm itching to try a new rom on this thing, but not quite sure where to start - besides getting CMR on it first. Judging from the screen shot - does it look familiar to anything that might be compatible ROM wise?
IMG_20120614_212143.jpg

Don't try it .The bootloader is lock. it will brick the table.

Last edited:
Reactions: driedrice

driedrice

Apr 5, 2011
again for good measure dont attempt a rom install or even CWM install on this.
I've bricked 2 zeki tablets already.

in other news i gave up on this thing for now hoping a nexus tablet is really in the works. Would reather put $100 towards that.

meark

Apr 12, 2011
Thanks for the additional , clear instructions. After three failed attempts it finally worked. For whatever reason I had to completely clean minisd card. Everything works great so no need to ROM !:p

lexridge

May 19, 2011
efsres mifflin

The bootloader is NOT locked. I got CM9 installed on it, but the display drivers did not work. well the display worked, but no touch screen or rotation. I had to use a USB kb/mouse to use it.

I tried building a stock ROM through the extraction process, but never could get it to work properly. It would fully boot, but after about 10 minutes, the screen would always turn green and crash.

There are other threads, including disassembled photos of it on freaktab, but since I have not posted 10 times here, I cannot post the link.

dwanemann1

Jul 4, 2012
:) Thank you very much it worked for the zeki , but when i go to Google play music or amazon music i am unable to play audio samples , but used pandora and that is able to work ... can someone help

daibach12

Jul 9, 2012
I have tried this many times now and stil cannot get it to work. Google Play(market) and the other apps in the zip file do not automatically load after the update and if I try and load them manually from the zip file on the extsd card then the market will continually crash. Not sure what I am doing wrong and any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I just release a TB782B 4.0.4 ROM (non wipe ROM) in the below link.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31186466#post31186466

You can found the way to unbrick your Zeki
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35259281#post35259281

Flashing the Android market for Zeki TB782B & TB1082B and no need root

(******Important Notice: Your tablet battery level must be over 50% when flashing the update.zip)

I have search the Chinese links and found the way flash the Google Market to the A10 Chip which is apply in Zeki TB782B and no need to root the tablet.

The steps

You need a micro SD card insert to the Tablet TF Card Slot

If you download the update.zip file from PC

1. Download the attached update.zip
    2. Connect the Tablet with the USB wire to the PC USB prot
    3. Go to Tablet USB mass Storage Screen and tap on the (Trun on USB Storage)
    4. Goto your PC My Computer you will find two new disk, one is Zeki disc
    5. copy the update.zip to the root the new disk of the micro SD in the tablet (Don't copy to the Zeki
    Disc)
    6. Goto Set UP
    7. Goto About Tablet>SystemUpdate>Check Now>OK
    8. The tablet reboot and go to the recovery screen
    9. The recovery finish and power on again
    10.. You will get the Google Market. Enjoy it.

Download the Update.zip with the Tablet

1.Tap the update.zip file and it will start to download the file
    2 When the file finished download open the Es explorer
    3. Tap SDcard download folder and you will find the update.zip file
    4. Long Tap the update.zip file and a list jump up
    5. Tap on the copy to and another list will jump out
    6. Tap on the uppest row name /sdcard and with jump to another page
    7. Tap on the /mint/extsd and tap to lowest row OK then the file will copy to the micro SD card
    8. Follow PC download steps from 6 to 10
    I can get the google market from the above steps if you can't, don't blame me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you like it give me a thank!

Many request to add the voice search.
    Here you are the update file for voice search(1.9mb).Extract the voice search file with 7z and file a update file in the voice search file. Follow the Market installation steps.

Somebody can't play the Temple Run game and it is because the G-sensor not tweak.
    You can download the FID BN G-sensor Tweak file and extract it and get the update.zip file.
    Follow above step to flash the file.

G-sensor Tweak file Warning :Be-Careful the G-sensor Tweak file is only good for the TB782 version which the back cover mark FID :BN (beside the Made In China)
    Don't flash to other version and it will corrupt your G-sensor

Someone claimed in other link getting Google play download error.

follow the below steps
    1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Tap Applications.
    3. Select the All tab.
    4. Locate and tap Google Services Framework.
    5. Select the Clear data button.
    6. Tap OK on the warning that appears.

Although you may not have to, try restarting the device, then try to use Google Play. You should now have no problem downloading apps.

Thank FiOS Dan
    Have to say this is a sweet little tablet for not much money. I had a little trouble flashing Google Play on, but it was my lack of familiarity with the device and nothing else. Here are some notes in case you need a little more detail than the OP furnished.

1. Charge and power up the device.
    2. Install the apps per the leaflet that comes in the box.
    3. Open the book reader app and spend a little time with the user manual. It helped me get familiar with some of the buttons and icons that differ on Android 4 from previous versions.
    4. Insert a suitable micro SD card.
    5. Go to Settings -> Storage and delete everything on the card to clean it up (if necessary).
    6. Download the update.zip from the OP in this thread to whatever computer you're going to connect the device to.
    7. Connect the USB cable. A USB Connected message should show up in the notification bar at the bottom and the USB symbol should appear.
    8. Tap the USB symbol in the notification bar. A message should come up that asks if you want to turn on USB storage and explains that tapping the botton provided will let you copy files to the SD card.
    9. As the OP says, two drives will appear. On my system, neither was identified as ZEKI, but one contains a folder named DCIM which is where the camera stores it's files on the SD card, so you know that's the right one. (You can check the properties of each if you want to to check overall size.) Copy the update.zip to the root of the drive with the DCIM folder.
    10. You can then eject the device from the computer and let it remount the SD card.
    11. On the device, go to Settings -> About Tablet -> Check for update -> Check Now and OK.
    12. The device will restart in recov mode and you may see a path error scroll by at the bottom. In any case, the choices appear at the top and one will be to install the update from the SD card.
    13. Use the volume rocker (up/down) to highlight that choice and tap the power button to select it.
    14. At this point the device installed the update and rebooted.

When all was said and done, Google Play showed up in the app list and it even updated Flash and a couple other things. I used the same Google Account I have on my smartphone. I tried installing a couple of paid apps I have on my phone and it let me with no problem. I'm still playing, but it's pretty much all good so far. - MarkC
    Well - I went and bought one - looks waaay better than the 70's style Chino-clunker cheapies anyways. Went to best buy first to check out what they had (pantec and the supernova on sale for $150 (both the same price).. anyways here's what it looks like.

Zeki-6315.jpg

Zeki-6307.jpg

Zeki-6309.jpg
    Charging options

The tablet comes with the wall plug with proprietary connection, but you should be able to use the USB cord attached to your computer as well. I have not tried this yet, but it is stated.
    Yes - both ports show charging, but the manual recommends charging via the wall wart port.

Sent from my TB782B using XDA