[Jailbreak][Root][Recovery] Back Atcha Verizon-- update 17MAR13:Windows/Linux

Search This thread

carhauler1969

Mar 16, 2010
Purmela,Texas
okay so this question has probably been asked, but I'm running 4.1.1 VRALL4. is this still able to use CASUAL? I've read the OP but want sure what the latest update that vzw has pushed. sorry for the ignorant question
Yes, I've rooted & unlocked two VZW Note 2's running the VRALL4 firmware in the last week. I'd suggest reading through the last ten pages or so of this thread to avoid some of the common driver issues if you're using Windows or Mac.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: ztotherad

Skilover

Jan 25, 2008
Yes, I've rooted & unlocked two VZW Note 2's running the VRALL4 firmware in the last week. I'd suggest reading through the last ten pages or so of this thread to avoid some of the common driver issues if you're using Windows or Mac.

Macs dont have drivers in the same way as Windows.

carhauler1969

Mar 16, 2010
Purmela,Texas
Macs dont have drivers in the same way as Windows.
Okay, but in the last ten pages or so of this thread there have been several Mac users having problems getting Casual to run that may be helpful. That was really my point, as I have never owned, or used a Mac. All computers use drivers in some form or fashion, and most of the users problems that I've seen in this thread can be traced back to driver issues in one way or another.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Skilover

Jan 25, 2008
Okay, but in the last ten pages or so of this thread there have been several Mac users having problems getting Casual to run that may be helpful. That was really my point, as I have never owned, or used a Mac. All computers use drivers in some form or fashion, and most of the users problems that I've seen in this thread can be traced back to driver issues in one way or another.

You are correct on the issue of Mac problems--I am one of them, just look up a few posts. It's not due to "drivers", however. I am at a loss as to the exact issue. In my case, the computer connects initially, but then fails to connect. So far, no success.

jrloper

Jul 29, 2011
Logan, OH
okay so this question has probably been asked, but I'm running 4.1.1 VRALL4. is this still able to use CASUAL? I've read the OP but want sure what the latest update that vzw has pushed. sorry for the ignorant question

CASUAL will work on all known firmwares for Verizon Note 2

Code:
Macintosh-2:~ Skilover$ /usr/bin/heimdall close-pc-screen
Heimdall v1.3.1, Copyright (c) 2010-2011, Benjamin Dobell, Glass Echidna
[url]http://www.glassechidna.com.au[/url]

This software is provided free of charge. Copying and redistribution is
encouraged.

If you appreciate this software and you would like to support future
development please consider donating:
[url]http://www.glassechidna.com.au/donate/[/url]

Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
Claiming interface...
ERROR: Claiming interface failed!
Macintosh-2:~ Skilover$ 
Macintosh-2:~ Skilover$ /usr/local/bin/heimdall close-pc-screen
Heimdall v1.4 RC2

Copyright (c) 2010-2012, Benjamin Dobell, Glass Echidna
[url]http://www.glassechidna.com.au/[/url]

encouraged.

Detecting device...
Claiming interface...

Macintosh-2:~ Skilover$ /bin/heimdall close-pc-screen
-bash: /bin/heimdall: No such file or directory
Macintosh-2:~ Skilover$ which heimdall
/usr/bin/heimdall
Macintosh-2:~ Skilover$[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

OK, I saw where you were heading, and deleted the old binary files, then rebooted, and ran Casual. I got further, but then it hung up. I think the original problem is fixed, and now I have problem #2: The device is not re-booting. NOTE: Looking at the log, there are numerous referenes to RC2, not RC3. Don't know if that's an issue. Also, why are we asked to unplug and replug the device? It kind of appears below like it's not successfully reconnecting. Clearly it was connected at first, as it went into bootloader.

Code:
###executing real-time command: /var/folders/8s/gmy4wlld3vq0yyhkd1nhd2pw0000gn/T/TempCASUALA9CCF527/adb###
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG]return from ADB:
[DEBUG]new command: $HEIMDALL flash --8 "$ZIPFILEboot.img"
[DEBUG]SCRIPT COMMAND:$HEIMDALL flash --8 "$ZIPFILEboot.img"
[DEBUG]Expanded $ZIPFILE: $HEIMDALL flash --8 "/var/folders/8s/gmy4wlld3vq0yyhkd1nhd2pw0000gn/T/TempCASUALA9CCF527/WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak/boot.img"
[DEBUG]Downloading [url]https://android-casual.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/heimdall.properties[/url]
[DEBUG]To: /var/folders/8s/gmy4wlld3vq0yyhkd1nhd2pw0000gn/T/TempCASUALA9CCF527/heimdall.properties
[DEBUG]Downloading [url]https://android-casual.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/Heimdall_1.4RC3_mac32.pkg[/url]
[DEBUG]To: /var/folders/8s/gmy4wlld3vq0yyhkd1nhd2pw0000gn/T/TempCASUALA9CCF527/Heimdall_1.4RC3_mac32.pkg
[DEBUG]
###executing real-time command: open###
[DEBUG]
[VERBOSE]detected!
[VERBOSE]Performing standard Heimdall commandflash --8 "/var/folders/8s/gmy4wlld3vq0yyhkd1nhd2pw0000gn/T/TempCASUALA9CCF527/WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak/boot.img"
[DEBUG]
###executing real-time command: /usr/local/bin/heimdall###
locating filesHeimdall_1.4RC3_mac32.pkg vernullWaiting for Downoad Mode device...Heimdall v1.4 RC2

encouraged.

Detecting device...

Claiming interface...

[DEBUG]Heimdall v1.4 RC2

encouraged.

Detecting device...
Claiming interface...

[DEBUG]new command: $ECHO Your device should be rebooting into Android now.
[DEBUG]SCRIPT COMMAND:$ECHO Your device should be rebooting into Android now.
[DEBUG]Received ECHO command$ECHO Your device should be rebooting into Android now.
[INFO]Your device should be rebooting into Android now.
[DEBUG]new command: $ADB wait-for-device
[DEBUG]SCRIPT COMMAND:$ADB wait-for-device
[DEBUG]sending
[DEBUG]
###executing real-time command: /var/folders/8s/gmy4wlld3vq0yyhkd1nhd2pw0000gn/T/TempCASUALA9CCF527/adb###[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

[/COLOR]OK, I tried one more time, this time it didn't have to reinstall Heimdall, so that's good. However, it is not connecting to the device through Heimdall. It keeps referencing Heimdall 1.4 RC2.
Ideas?
Thanks!

Code:
[DEBUG]Found: WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak
[DEBUG]Control Change requested but Statics.MasterLock is set.
[DEBUG]OMFGWOOT GUI running!
[INFO]This is a tool which will root, unlock, and install a custom recovery on a Verizon Galaxy Note 2.

[DEBUG]Searching for scripts
[DEBUG]Updating Scripts for UI
[INFO]From Resource: true
[INFO]--WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak--
[INFO]This is a tool which will root, unlock, and install a custom recovery on a Verizon Galaxy Note 2.  Put your device into ADB mode. Credit for this exploit goes to Lee Harrison

[DEBUG]Created zipResource at /SCRIPTS/WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak.zip
[DEBUG]Exiting comboBoxUpdate()
[DEBUG]attempted to lock controls but controls are not availble yet
[DEBUG]Extracting archive....
[DEBUG]Target Script Is resource
[DEBUG]State Change Detected, The new state is: 1
[DEBUG]State Connected
[DEBUG]Controls Enabled status: true
[ERROR]
[DEBUG]StartButtonActionPerformed() Script Activated
[DEBUG]Script known as WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak is running
[DEBUG]Controls Enabled status: false
[DEBUG]disk location for script resources 
[DEBUG]Loading internal resource: WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak
[DEBUG]Selected resourceWindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak
[DEBUG]Lines in Script 65
[DEBUG]Executing Scripted Datastreamjava.io.DataInputStream@36fce9d7
[DEBUG]CASUAL has initiated a multithreaded execution environment
[DEBUG]***WEB VERSION***
IDString:VERIZON GNOTE
SVNRevision:376
ScriptRevision:2
supportURL:[url]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2118348updateMessageUPDATE:[/url] removing limits on Mac for testing purposes 
[DEBUG]Reading datastreamjava.io.DataInputStream@36fce9d7
[DEBUG]new command: $USERCANCELOPTION Are you sure?, This is your only warning.\n You will be Unlocked and Rooted. Your device will\n reboot once and then again into Odin mode.  CASUAL\n will then flash the Back Atcha Verizon Odin Bootloader\n package for you.
[DEBUG]SCRIPT COMMAND:$USERCANCELOPTION Are you sure?, This is your only warning.\n You will be Unlocked and Rooted. Your device will\n reboot once and then again into Odin mode.  CASUAL\n will then flash the Back Atcha Verizon Odin Bootloader\n package for you.
[DEBUG]new command: $ECHO Rebooting into download mode
[DEBUG]SCRIPT COMMAND:$ECHO Rebooting into download mode
[DEBUG]Received ECHO command$ECHO Rebooting into download mode
[INFO]Rebooting into download mode
[DEBUG]new command: $ADB reboot download
[DEBUG]SCRIPT COMMAND:$ADB reboot download
[DEBUG]sending
[DEBUG]
###executing real-time command: /var/folders/8s/gmy4wlld3vq0yyhkd1nhd2pw0000gn/T/TempCASUAL84E39518/adb###
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG]return from ADB:
[DEBUG]Expanded $ZIPFILE: $HEIMDALL flash --8 "/var/folders/8s/gmy4wlld3vq0yyhkd1nhd2pw0000gn/T/TempCASUAL84E39518/WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak/boot.img"
[VERBOSE]detected!
[VERBOSE]Performing standard Heimdall commandflash --8 "/var/folders/8s/gmy4wlld3vq0yyhkd1nhd2pw0000gn/T/TempCASUAL84E39518/WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak/boot.img"
[DEBUG]
###executing real-time command: /usr/local/bin/heimdall###
Waiting for Downoad Mode device.......Heimdall v1.4 RC2

encouraged.

Detecting device...

Claiming interface...

[DEBUG]Heimdall v1.4 RC2

encouraged.

Detecting device...
Claiming interface...

[DEBUG]Received ECHO command$ECHO Your device should be rebooting into Android now.
[DEBUG]sending
[DEBUG]
###executing real-time command: /var/folders/8s/gmy4wlld3vq0yyhkd1nhd2pw0000gn/T/TempCASUAL84E39518/adb###[/QUOTE]

I see you're having Claim Interface issues, do you have Kies installed? Its known to cause this problem on Mac. Disable any Kies background processes.

CASUAL doesn't use RC3, yet.

Sent from my NookTablet using xda app-developers app

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro

thanks bro, I'll definitely read the last 10 pages and update myself with this. i just don't want to brick it, lol. thank you though; lots of help here

Reactions: carhauler1969

carhauler1969

Mar 16, 2010
Purmela,Texas
thanks bro, I'll definitely read the last 10 pages and update myself with this. i just don't want to brick it, lol. thank you though; lots of help here
Thanks, just trying to pass on what I've learned "jailbreaking" mine & the wife's Note 2's, with much thanks to jrloper & Adam for helping me along the way. :)

Reactions: ztotherad

Skilover

Jan 25, 2008
CASUAL will work on all known firmwares for Verizon Note 2

[/CODE]

I see you're having Claim Interface issues, do you have Kies installed? Its known to cause this problem on Mac. Disable any Kies background processes.

CASUAL doesn't use RC3, yet.

Sent from my NookTablet using xda app-developers app

No Kies installed on computer. I have something called "android file transfer agent" that was a start up item. I have no idea if that's similar. I do have the android SDK installed, which contains adb software, ; adb also is running in the background. I have no idea how adb gets going, as it isn't a start up process. I have now force quit it.
Other ideas?

Last edited:

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
No Kies installed on computer. I have something called "android file transfer agent" that was a start up item. I have no idea if that's similar. I do have the android SDK installed, which contains adb software, but it isn't, to my knowledge, a background process.

Other ideas?

Have you tried rebooting? I don't have a 64bit Mac to test with. My Mac is 32 bit. There's a package in this thread somewhere that has an mpkg and a DMG installer. Do a search for those. Let me know what works for you. I can make changes to the repo so that it downloads what it needs on the fly.

Skilover

Jan 25, 2008
Have you tried rebooting? I don't have a 64bit Mac to test with. My Mac is 32 bit. There's a package in this thread somewhere that has an mpkg and a DMG installer. Do a search for those. Let me know what works for you. I can make changes to the repo so that it downloads what it needs on the fly.

I've tried searching the forum, and can find no mpkg (whatever that is) and/or DMG installer for 64 bit Heimdall. Not only that, but I've googled for it, and cannot find that, either, based upon the current version 1.4 RC2

Are you saying the version of Heimdall that Casual is downloading is for a 32 bit machine? I'd be surprised if no one who's used this successfully did it on a 64 bit Mac, they are common now.

I'm also wondering if I have a conflict with the ADB software I already have. Perhaps I should just find a Windows machine--I assume this truly works on Windows.

soba49

Nov 6, 2010
boston, ma
Did you restart the computer?

Try this.. put your device into Odin Mode... What is the result of Terminal Command "which heimdall ", "/bin/heimdall close pc screen", "/usr/bin/heimdall close-pc-screen", and "/usr/local/bin/heimdall close-pc-screen"?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

By the way, you can execute shell commands in-line with backticks ( ` ), on Mac and Linux. `command` expands out to its output, so:

Code:
`which heimdall` close-pc-screen

Is a shorter version of your command. Also semicolons string multiple commands on one line

Code:
`which heimdall` close-pc-screen ; echo "Heimdall is located in [`which heimdall`]"; echo Done...

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

I've tried searching the forum, and can find no mpkg (whatever that is) and/or DMG installer for 64 bit Heimdall. Not only that, but I've googled for it, and cannot find that, either, based upon the current version 1.4 RC2

Are you saying the version of Heimdall that Casual is downloading is for a 32 bit machine? I'd be surprised if no one who's used this successfully did it on a 64 bit Mac, they are common now.

I'm also wondering if I have a conflict with the ADB software I already have. Perhaps I should just find a Windows machine--I assume this truly works on Windows.

The original heimdall .DMG* is linked here, post 542:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38292025#post38292025
The first link has the DMG file, the second link has a ZIP with a pkg inside it

The original 1.4 RC2 build I did on my 64 bit Mac is here (but no installer):
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37308099#post37308099

*: I believe this is based on my RC2 build. I think CASUAL is installing 1.4 RC3 builds on some platforms, and some of those may be 32 bit, but I wasn't a part of any of that process.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrloper

Skilover

Jan 25, 2008
The original heimdall .DMG* is linked here, post 542:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38292025#post38292025
The first link has the DMG file, the second link has a ZIP with a pkg inside it

The original 1.4 RC2 build I did on my 64 bit Mac is here (but no installer):
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37308099#post37308099

*: I believe this is based on my RC2 build. I think CASUAL is installing 1.4 RC3 builds on some platforms, and some of those may be 32 bit, but I wasn't a part of any of that process.

The DMG link is dead. I downloaded the zip, sudu installed it, and tested it with "Which Heimdall", which led to :"/usr/bin/Heimdall" . I believe it's installed. I then ran Casual, which proceeded to install it's own Heimdall...and ended up exactly where I did yesterday. Perhaps you need to have us do the manual Heimdall install, then point Casual at that application, and go from there. Kind of like the more manual process that you use on Windows with Odin. The other thing I noticed yesterday is if I kill ADB in my process manager while it's waiting, unable to connect, Casual starts spewing out code to the phone, as it thinks it's connected up. Again, perhaps we should just go with the flow, and make it a bit more hands on so it will work. That's all I've got...

Reactions: kizax

kizax

Mar 28, 2012
Belgrade
i get a error

Detecting device...
Claiming interface...

[DEBUG]sending
[DEBUG]
###executing real-time command: /var/folders/j0/5_10_1mn0dx61538v7pw4blh0000gn/T/TempCASUAL813893B3/adb###

Last edited:

kizax

Mar 28, 2012
Belgrade
The DMG link is dead. I downloaded the zip, sudu installed it, and tested it with "Which Heimdall", which led to :"/usr/bin/Heimdall" . I believe it's installed. I then ran Casual, which proceeded to install it's own Heimdall...and ended up exactly where I did yesterday. Perhaps you need to have us do the manual Heimdall install, then point Casual at that application, and go from there. Kind of like the more manual process that you use on Windows with Odin. The other thing I noticed yesterday is if I kill ADB in my process manager while it's waiting, unable to connect, Casual starts spewing out code to the phone, as it thinks it's connected up. Again, perhaps we should just go with the flow, and make it a bit more hands on so it will work. That's all I've got...

where can i find the heimdall 1.4rc3 dmg?

thanks

dakoop

Dec 19, 2009
Cant get this to work on my wifes phone?
Starts to go into download mode but seems to get stuck. CASUAL says to try another usb but still doesn't work?
Ideas?

dakoop

Dec 19, 2009
You give me no information to work from. I at least need the log information, from "About" -> "Show Log"

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Sorry.
[INFO]We are running Windows XP
Creating Temp Folder in:C:\DOCUME~1\MATTKO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Matt KoopTEMPCASUAL381CD3C8\CASUAL Cross-platform Android Scripting and Unified Auxiliary Loader
Revision:416 build:3205
CASUAL Copyright (C) 2013 Adam Outler
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to redistribute it, under certain conditions; run
'C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Matt%20%20Koop\Desktop\BackAtchaVerizon-CASUAL-Revision417b.jar --license'
for details. http://android-casual.googlecode.com for source.
[DEBUG]Picking Jar File:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Matt%20%20Koop/Desktop/BackAtchaVerizon-CASUAL-Revision417b.jar
[DEBUG]Found Windows Computer
[DEBUG]Found: WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak
[DEBUG]Attempting to write C:\DOCUME~1\MATTKO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Matt KoopTEMPCASUAL381CD3C8\Elevate.exe
[DEBUG]File verified.
[DEBUG]Attempting to write C:\DOCUME~1\MATTKO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Matt KoopTEMPCASUAL381CD3C8\adb.exe
[DEBUG]File verified.
[DEBUG]Attempting to write C:\DOCUME~1\MATTKO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Matt KoopTEMPCASUAL381CD3C8\AdbWinApi.dll
[DEBUG]File verified.
[DEBUG]Attempting to write C:\DOCUME~1\MATTKO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Matt KoopTEMPCASUAL381CD3C8\AdbWinUsbApi.dll
[DEBUG]File verified.
[DEBUG]sleeping for Windows ADB start
[DEBUG]Attempting to write C:\DOCUME~1\MATTKO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Matt KoopTEMPCASUAL381CD3C8\adb_usb.ini
[DEBUG]File verified.
[DEBUG]
###executing: C:\DOCUME~1\MATTKO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Matt KoopTEMPCASUAL381CD3C8\adb.exe###
[ERROR]List of devices attached
[DEBUG]Device List:

[DEBUG]unknown

[DEBUG]State Connected
[DEBUG]Control Change requested but Statics.MasterLock is set.
[DEBUG]OMFGWOOT GUI running!
[INFO]This is a tool which will root, unlock, and install a custom recovery on a Verizon Galaxy Note 2.

[DEBUG]Searching for scripts
[DEBUG]Updating Scripts for UI
[INFO]From Resource: true
[INFO]--WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak--
[INFO]This is a tool which will root, unlock, and install a custom recovery on a Verizon Galaxy Note 2. Put your device into ADB mode. Credit for this exploit goes to Lee Harrison

[DEBUG]Created zipResource at /SCRIPTS/WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak.zip
[DEBUG]Exiting comboBoxUpdate()
[DEBUG]attempted to lock controls but controls are not availble yet
[DEBUG]Extracting archive....
[DEBUG]Target Script Is resource
[DEBUG]State Connected
[DEBUG]Controls Enabled status: true
[ERROR]
[DEBUG]StartButtonActionPerformed() Script Activated
[DEBUG]Script known as WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak is running
[DEBUG]Controls Enabled status: false
[DEBUG]disk location for script resources
[DEBUG]Loading internal resource: WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak
[DEBUG]Selected resourceWindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak
[DEBUG]Lines in Script 65
[DEBUG]Executing Scripted Datastreamjava.io.DataInputStream@db59df
[DEBUG]CASUAL has initiated a multithreaded execution environment
[DEBUG]***WEB VERSION***
IDString:VERIZON GNOTE
SVNRevision:376
ScriptRevision:2
supportURL:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2118348updateMessageUPDATE: removing limits on Mac for testing purposes
[DEBUG]Reading datastreamjava.io.DataInputStream@db59df
[DEBUG]new command: $USERCANCELOPTION Are you sure?, This is your only warning.\n You will be Unlocked and Rooted. Your device will\n reboot once and then again into Odin mode. CASUAL\n will then flash the Back Atcha Verizon Odin Bootloader\n package for you.
[DEBUG]SCRIPT COMMAND:$USERCANCELOPTION Are you sure?, This is your only warning.\n You will be Unlocked and Rooted. Your device will\n reboot once and then again into Odin mode. CASUAL\n will then flash the Back Atcha Verizon Odin Bootloader\n package for you.
[DEBUG]new command: $ECHO Rebooting into download mode
[DEBUG]SCRIPT COMMAND:$ECHO Rebooting into download mode
[DEBUG]Received ECHO command$ECHO Rebooting into download mode
[INFO]Rebooting into download mode
[DEBUG]new command: $ADB reboot download
[DEBUG]SCRIPT COMMAND:$ADB reboot download
[DEBUG]sending
[DEBUG]
###executing real-time command: C:\DOCUME~1\MATTKO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Matt KoopTEMPCASUAL381CD3C8\adb.exe###
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG]return from ADB:
[DEBUG]Expanded $ZIPFILE: $HEIMDALL flash --8 "C:\DOCUME~1\MATTKO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Matt KoopTEMPCASUAL381CD3C8\WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak\boot.img"
[DEBUG]Attempting to write C:\DOCUME~1\MATTKO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Matt KoopTEMPCASUAL381CD3C8\libusb-1.0.dll
[DEBUG]File verified.
[DEBUG]Attempting to write C:\DOCUME~1\MATTKO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Matt KoopTEMPCASUAL381CD3C8\heimdall.exe
[DEBUG]File verified.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: new version available here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2272066.

FIRST!!! First jailbreak under the new 2012 DMCA Excemption that is. First "Android Jailbreak" ever... Gah that name erks me... Anyway, You’re here to legally Jailbreak your Verizon Galaxy Note 2.

Introduction
    CASUAL will guide you through the process. Put your device into “Developer Mode>USB Debugging”. Click the do it button. This is not only the first release of this new Exploit, but it’s also a beta-test of CASUAL. I expect problems... however this will be addressed with updates. See the About CASUAL section below.

We decided to start a new thread becasue the old unlock method is tried and true on Windows with VRALJB. This method is based on a totally new exploit.

Overview
    You are expected to be STOCK.... Stock anything, but stock. This will install a stock kernel and that may affect non-stock roms. You will need to download and execute the CASUAL application below. Then click the Do It! button. You need Java. Do you have Java?.

Windows 32/64 Users: CASUAL will put your device into Download Mode. It will automatically flash everything. If drivers are required, jrloper's CADI (CASUAL Automated Driver installer) will handle it. If Microsoft VC Redistributable is required, click next, next, next. Make sure you're connected to the internet.

Linux 32/64/raspberry pi Users There may be a permission escalation in order to install heimdall, either way sit back and relax. CASUAL automates the entire process.
    Please run the following in a terminal first:

Mac Users: Mac works easierr than any other system at the time of this release on 32bit systems. Please report problems.

Download
    CASUAL(R465b) Back Atcha Verizon CASUAL is used to automate the process. The exploit was developed by Elite Recognized Developer Ralekdev and packaged by AdamOutler. To run CASUAL you need Java. Do you have Java?

Jailbreak video for Windows users only!
    This video desmonstrates CASUAL used with Odin to flash the Galaxy Note 2 firmware Thanks to DroidModderX.

Jailbreak video for LINUX only!
    This video demonstrates the one-click CASUAL Linux Unlock method... at 2AM.. so don't expect me to be cheerful.

About CASUAL
    CASUAL stands for Cross-platform ADB Scripting, Univeral Android Loader. CASUAL jar files are a wrapper for the CASUAL scripting language. CASUAL allows rapid and accurate deployment of hacks and exploits. At any time, if a serious problem is detected with any script, the kill-switch will be flipped and you will be brought to a support page (most likely here) so you can download the latest version. Otherwise for minor corrections, new CASUAL scripts can be deployed remotely.

Updates
    CASUAL provides updates WAAAAY quicker than Verizon. As soon as I push an update to the Subversion repo it appears automatically in EVERY casual. See below for the change log.
    25JAN13: Initial release.
    25JAN13: put your device into download mode automatically on Windows. Windows users, let me know if this is annoying. -auto CASUAL update
    26JAN13: Instruct Windows users to install the proper bootloader -- auto CASUAL update
    26JAN13: more concise directions --auto CASUAL update
    7MAR13: Initiated beta test of one-click operation on all platforms!
    17MAR13: Cross-platform Heimdall is now in effect with CASUAL R311b
    20MAR13: Removed mac blocker from script --auto CASUAL update.
    6APR13: kill-switch activated as most of repository has been restructured and drivers/dependencies will not be deployed. This will be resolved soon with a new version.
    7APR13: New version includes better driver support via jrloper's CADI and on-the-fly updates for drivers and more. 32/64bit Heimdall for Mac is now supported. Several irrelevant command line features were added as well.
    18APR13: CASUAL R417 Several fixes with improved logging and pastebin support thanks to jrloper
    2May13: killswitch for old versions implemented.
    Ironically I probably wouldn't have noticed the hole used this time had they not added the blacklisting of the old versions. Looking at the code for that gave me a push in the right direction
    Troubleshooting
    70% of problems with CASUAL involve USB cables and USB ports. All other problems can be tracked back to Windows XP.

CASUAL Stops and my phone is in Odin Mode/Download Mode
    Use a different USB cable and a different USB port. Personally, I have two USB cables which work for everything and anything but they fail when it comes to Odin/Download Mode.

CASUAL displays Disconnected and won't let me press the button
    Put your device into ADB mode. Settings>Developer Options>USB Debugging

CASUAL is not working and it's not something above
    Did you install drivers? If you installed drivers, you need to uninstall and delete them. You don't need them because Windows installs them. Actually, they're poisonous, and some drivers install themselves with a future date which causes them to be un-upgradable. This means, you've shot yourself in the foot. You can run Samsung Kies and do the troubleshoot connection wizard, or you can go to device manager and uninstall the driver + delete driver.

CASUAL is not working and I'm absolutely sure it's not a driver issue
    1. Let everything sit for a bit. CASUAL will generally pop up a troubleshooting message.
    2. If you're sure nothing has happened for the last 3 minutes, disconnect the USB and restart the device normally.
    3. Restart your computer
    4. Try again using a new stock USB cable, on a different USB port, preferably located in the back of the computer.

I just want to annoy you
    First grab a hammer and go outside into the back yard and hit yourself repeatedly in the head. If you do not have a hammer, borrow one from your neighbor. If you don't have a yard, borrow one from your neighbor. If you don't have a head, mission accomplished.
    You probly caught it in the middle of a commit. try this: http://d-h.st/6c6

This is CASUAL Revision 311. This includes quicker startup, a full Open Source stack of software, no Odin, auto-downloads, auto-executes, and it works on Windows and Linux. For Windows you have Drivers and MSRedist (both installed by CASUAL), this is a one-click procedure. We are working on making it easier by the day and expect the next release to be even easier. For now, the driver requires you to select "Gadget Serial" and hit install.

I will bump this up to the first thread now because I've already tested on Window and Linux. Droid Modder X said he would have a video out soon.
    there no way to unlock boot loader on odin another way ?
    Please stand by. I expect to have everything working again today. The purpose of the down-time is to ensure there will be no Downtime in the future. I'm working on it now...

Basically, its down because jrloper and myself are reworking and upgrading. the CASUAL repository system. It will soon be infinitely expandable and able to pull resources from anywhere.

An unfortunate side-effect of this is Quality Control takes a bit of time.. as we test, its getting better, faster, accommodating for more errors, performing more troubleshooting, becoming safer and even accounting for errors in data transfer across the internet.

Its almost ready.