• Total voters
Search This thread

teoesdios

Aug 27, 2013
Monterrey
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Honor 9X
hi guys i'm personally very busy developing for e430

i made this thread for the sole purpose that you have your space on forum most related to your phone and easy to find using google

by struck of luck i have seen the resemblance with L5 II and i was helping to develop the recovery for that so all of you have it now

you can have look at my e430 thread and see what has to be done in order to start any development
as your device is mtk you might encounter little more trouble but have look if you can "get bootloader loki support"<---GOOGLE THIS

i will try to help and overlook but please do not count on me to do all what's needed (i do not have your device or any other mtk device of my own so i'm blind in that field )

Thanks for taking time to read

if any of you have anything valuable to add to #1 please let me know and i will update (i need ready formatted text to copy and paste (use the pm service to structure it as you want it to be posted))

Thanks Iggy. Will check that and see what we can find out. :good:

hi folks! :D

im interesting in all that development, my friend have this phone and is to hard to mod a bit :crying:
we are from Argentina, here the phone comes with TV anthena.

For the moment i can make a full backup using MTK tools and now im making other with adb pull
i hope u can do some rom port for this phone.

Esa! Argentino viviendo en Mexico aca :) I've got the LG E440g here, but it's without TV or dual sim.

Dr Matt

Jul 31, 2013

Esa! Argentino viviendo en Mexico aca :) I've got the LG E440g here, but it's without TV or dual sim.

jaja buenisimo man! ojala puedas hacer algo para este cel que no encuentro nada :victory:

now i install CWM-recovery from L5, but i cant do a backup, just fails when the process start, so its safe try to install a flasheable zip by this cwm or not?

because i have the whole app folder deodex and i want to test it on the phone

Reactions: wanz77

teoesdios

Aug 27, 2013
Monterrey
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Honor 9X
jaja buenisimo man! ojala puedas hacer algo para este cel que no encuentro nada :victory:

now i install CWM-recovery from L5, but i cant do a backup, just fails when the process start, so its safe try to install a flasheable zip by this cwm or not?

because i have the whole app folder deodex and i want to test it on the phone

Yeah, for some reason, you can't backup from CMWR, but you can use Nandroid to do it.
After your backup, flash away. We tested it with the LG Aroma (first post on the thread) and works on flashing.

Try yours and post results.

nasko_spasko

Nov 10, 2008
Sofia
Yeah, for some reason, you can't backup from CMWR, but you can use Nandroid to do it.
After your backup, flash away. We tested it with the LG Aroma (first post on the thread) and works on flashing.

Try yours and post results.

Think It's because of incorrect partition layout.. if this depends from recovery somehow, I used to play with both L5II and L4II at the same time and noticed dat the layout in android-scatter is different /start-end addresses differs in both devices/.

Last edited:

Buenas! otro argentino por aca, con el LG L4 II tv e465g , es la version del e440g que se vende en argentina, hasta ahora el root y el cwm al parecer son los que funcionan en el L4 e440 y el L5 , estoy tratando de conseguir mas seguridad antes de probarlo, no puedo correr tanto riesgo de llegar a brickearlo :p

teoesdios

Aug 27, 2013
Monterrey
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Honor 9X
Buenas! otro argentino por aca, con el LG L4 II tv e465g , es la version del e440g que se vende en argentina, hasta ahora el root y el cwm al parecer son los que funcionan en el L4 e440 y el L5 , estoy tratando de conseguir mas seguridad antes de probarlo, no puedo correr tanto riesgo de llegar a brickearlo :p

English please xD and until now, I didn't brick mine. Just soft it a little, I fixed it with full firmware flash.

nasko_spasko

Nov 10, 2008
Sofia
Just a question. Did someone tryed to modify and compile the kernel source that lg has provided? Im curious...

Sent from my LG-E440g using XDA Free mobile app

teoesdios

Aug 27, 2013
Monterrey
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Honor 9X
Just a question. Did someone tryed to modify and compile the kernel source that lg has provided? Im curious...

I really don't know how to compile the kernel (and add it xD) but I'll see if I find any info on that and try in the next days :)
Let's keep the good work xD Has been a couple of days without news :(

nasko_spasko

Nov 10, 2008
Sofia
Ok i let it compile last night... Slow PC :D. And i will test tonight after i come back from work.

nasko_spasko

Nov 10, 2008
Sofia
Strange.. I have built the boot.img with zImage compiled from the official kernel source code provided by LG and original ram disk, but got Security Error - same as flashing custom one, strange thing is that the security error png picture is located in the kernel ramdisk, that's why I used to think it is a kernel security issue, not BL.. Am I missing something.. how exactly things work? bootloader send secutity flag on/off to kernel and kernel boots or fails depending on what bootloader commands, if not - that means the LK bootloader is checking the boot image and reads png file directly from ramdisk before the kernel loads, could someone help me understand what is the algorithm of the boot sequence?

__
Edit@17:29: I've found out what is going on, not kernel related, at least i tried. We need BOOTLOADER source code.

Last edited:

tasosss

Jul 5, 2014
Hello people.I suppose that this is the main post for lg e440.My main question is how can i help?Can i start by downloading the sources from lg and trying to compile the kernel?It would be nice to know the current status and any tips on how to for example compile the kernel so i can save some time.Any ideas are welcome.

nasko_spasko

Nov 10, 2008
Sofia
Hello people.I suppose that this is the main post for lg e440.My main question is how can i help?Can i start by downloading the sources from lg and trying to compile the kernel?It would be nice to know the current status and any tips on how to for example compile the kernel so i can save some time.Any ideas are welcome.

Hello, tasosss!

Right now, compiling kernel from source, does not make any progress, because we have to modify the bootloader in order to boot both custom recovery or kernel. The thing is LG have not provided bootloader source yet or at least engineering version of it, so... our only option for now is porting LOKI Bootloader Bypass to our device, google for it.

IGGYVIP

Feb 17, 2014
/
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S10
:)

someone has to get lucky trying to unlock / create unsecured boot.img and cwm using mtkdroidtools
guys i have no device to try myself but recently i have unocked one of them china mtk devices (ALPS - M3) it had some errors i had to flash some random rom for same board (not ported or nothing just flashed it because board is same ) i had few fc's but all in all working
now i have unlocked device with custom rom and cwm :D
many versions of mtkdroid tools did not do it it was trial and error i had about 10 versions of mtkdroidtools and only one accepted my boot.img as base

anyway thats from me this week
Keep up the good work and keep on pushing and spamming lg :D

teoesdios

Aug 27, 2013
Monterrey
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Honor 9X
someone has to get lucky trying to unlock / create unsecured boot.img and cwm using mtkdroidtools
guys i have no device to try myself but recently i have unocked one of them china mtk devices (ALPS - M3) it had some errors i had to flash some random rom for same board (not ported or nothing just flashed it because board is same ) i had few fc's but all in all working
now i have unlocked device with custom rom and cwm :D
many versions of mtkdroid tools did not do it it was trial and error i had about 10 versions of mtkdroidtools and only one accepted my boot.img as base

anyway thats from me this week
Keep up the good work and keep on pushing and spamming lg :D

You mean that in "theory" it should work on E440/g (or derivates from that)?

nasko_spasko

Nov 10, 2008
Sofia

Well I as stupid enough to try, doesn't work, now mine is bricked :D

And cant get in preloader mode for more than 1-2 sec. - not enough for resurrection flash with spflash tool, i used to revive my device that way b efore but now does not enter preloader mode for long enough i think it reboots because of messed bootloader. Mine is dead for now.

This is actually the 2-nd time i brick my device with messed bootloader, i hope i will manage to bring it back to life again

Edit: Hahaa it is working again!!!!! you guys don't try different LK bootloader, or you are gonna have a lot of pain. i barely managed to resurrect it, used LGOFW tool to bring the preloader up for flashtool and used modded mt6575 driver, you guis better don't do it like me :D

Last edited:

IGGYVIP

Feb 17, 2014
/
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S10
:)

in theory yes maybe one of the old versions or maybe an up-coming update of MDT should do it :)

Well I as stupid enough to try, doesn't work, now mine is bricked :D

And cant get in preloader mode for more than 1-2 sec. - not enough for resurrection flash with spflash tool, i used to revive my device that way b efore but now does not enter preloader mode for long enough i think it reboots because of messed bootloader. Mine is dead for now.

This is actually the 2-nd time i brick my device with messed bootloader, i hope i will manage to bring it back to life again

Edit: Hahaa it is working again!!!!! you guys don't try different LK bootloader, or you are gonna have a lot of pain. i barely managed to resurrect it, used LGOFW tool to bring the preloader up for flashtool and used modded mt6575 driver, you guis better don't do it like me :D
lol i had a same scare...
bootloader tries are fine its the kernel that must match board (so no overpower is sent to components) and preloader must be original
Sorry i should have mentioned before
VERY IMPORTANT IN ALL MTK's
NEVER FLASH UNKNOWN OR UN-TESTED PRELOADER PARTITION​
*that's the one that boots-up for flashing
if unsure simply do not check or remove the pre-loader image from rom (very often you will find them in form of backup from MDT to use with spflashtool)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    General Thread For LG Optimus L4 II E440 E445
    lg-optimus-l4-ii-e440-1.jpg

lg-optimus-l4-ii-e440-2.jpg
    THIS THREAD WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMIT TO :
    1. DESCRIPTION

Thanks to www.GSMARENA.com
    Code:
    GENERAL     2G Network          GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
                3G Network          HSDPA 900 / 2100          
                SIM                 Yes
                Announced           2013, June
                Status                  Available. Released 2013, July

BODY        Dimensions          112.5 x 64.7 x 11.9 mm (4.43 x 2.55 x 0.47 in)
                Weight              125 g (4.41 oz)

DISPLAY     Type                IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
                Size                320 x 480 pixels, 3.8 inches (~152 ppi pixel density)
                Multitouch          Yes

SOUND       Alert types         Vibration, MP3 ringtones
                Loudspeaker         Yes
                3.5mm jack          Yes

MEMORY      Card slot           microSD, up to 32 GB
                Internal            4 GB, 512 MB RAM

DATA        GPRS                Class 12 (4+1/3+2/2+3/1+4 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
                EDGE                Class 12
                Speed               HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
                WLAN                Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
                Bluetooth           Yes, v3.0 with A2DP, HS
                USB                 Yes, microUSB v2.0

CAMERA      Primary             3.15 MP, 2048 x 1536 pixels, LED flash
                Features            Geo-tagging
                Video               Yes, VGA@30fps
                Secondary           No

FEATURES    OS                  Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
                Chipset             Mediatek MT6575
                CPU                 1 GHz Cortex-A9
                GPU                 PowerVR SGX531
                Sensors             Accelerometer, proximity, compass
                Messaging           SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
                Browser             HTML
                Radio               FM radio
                GPS                 Yes, with A-GPS support
                Java                Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
                Colors              Black, White
                    - SNS integration
                    - Xvid/MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV player
                    - MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+ player
                    - Google Search, Maps, Gmail
                    - YouTube, Google Talk
                    - Document viewer
                    - Photo viewer
                    - Organizer
                    - Voice memo
                    - Predictive text input

BATTERY     Type                Li-Ion
                Capacity            1700 mAh
                Stand-by            Up to 600 h
                Talk time           Up to 12 h 30 min

MISC        SAR EU              0.64 W/kg (head)
                                    0.60 W/kg (body)

2. WINDOWS ROOTING GUIDE
    *this guide will work on most android phones :D

1. Download THIS PROGRAM (VROOT)
    2. Install Program
    3. Enable USB Debugging in settings (TICK CHECK-BOX IN Settings>>>Developer options>>>USB debugging){Opciones de desarrollador USB ON}
    4. Plug your phone to PC using usb cable in "LG software" / "debug" mode
    5. If you are connecting your phone to your pc for the first time you need to install lg drivers from first autorun when phone plugged in ( If autorun disabled navigate to lg removable drive and run LGAutoRun.exe) follow on-screen instructions :) or download drivers from LG Official Website HERE
    6. Ensure all drivers have installed correctly (no yellow triangles in "Device Manager")
    7. Run VROOT As Administrator On PC
      program will connect to your phone and tell you your phone model and if phone is rooted (obviously our's is not)

8. Click ROOT in right bottom corner
      program will install Chinese sync/managment app (you can remove app later) on your phone and install Kinguser superuser app on your phone (you can replace this with your favourite superuser app <i kept Kinguser and i'm happy>)

9. Your phone will reboot when completed :)

3. BOOTLOADER UNLOCK
    NOT YET :/

4. CUSTOM RECOVERY
    LBL (Locked Bootloader) Recovery from LG L5 II Works
    FILES AND INSTRUCTIONS FOUND HERE

5. MOD's
    TheMysteryouseHAS PORTED AROMA CUSTOM STOCK PACKAGE BY Slipsystem
    ALL INFO FOUND HERE
    *ALPHA STATE ON THIS DEVICE !!!!
    make sure to backup before flash

Speria_LG_L4_II_E440.zip
    MIRROR

PLEASE RUN THIS TOOL AND UPLOAD RESULTS THIS TOOL TO HELP US PORT FOR YOUR DEVCE'S (dual's and such)
    *link will be back up soon
    please run THIS to provide us with list of files from your phone to complete the debloat from unwanted system apps

6. ROM's
    NOT YET :/

7. GENERAL FAQ

Tags:
    @jp1296 @gorankx
    @sasays
    @smartuser001
    @sospeed
    @teoesdios
    @Paul!us @dodo333 @blubbiblubbkekz
    @nasko_spasko @cyberangel22k
    @TheMysteryouse
    @slipsystem
    @kimerika

X. Just a Tip

IF someone is pissed off like me when you plug your phone to usb and have to click 3 times before phone connects

1. DIAL 3845#*440# or 445

2. UN-CHECK BOX IN: "Settings">>>"Auto run">>>"AutoRun Enable"

3. Reboot (not sure if necessary but i did)

NO MORE CHECKING FOR DRIVERS / SKIP EVERY-TIME YOU PLUG YOUR PHONE IN :D
    Even though I was gone for a while, I'm still working on the bootloader. Expect updates from me.
    hi guys i'm personally very busy developing for e430

i made this thread for the sole purpose that you have your space on forum most related to your phone and easy to find using google

by struck of luck i have seen the resemblance with L5 II and i was helping to develop the recovery for that so all of you have it now

you can have look at my e430 thread and see what has to be done in order to start any development
    as your device is mtk you might encounter little more trouble but have look if you can "get bootloader loki support"<---GOOGLE THIS

i will try to help and overlook but please do not count on me to do all what's needed (i do not have your device or any other mtk device of my own so i'm blind in that field )

Thanks for taking time to read

if any of you have anything valuable to add to #1 please let me know and i will update (i need ready formatted text to copy and paste (use the pm service to structure it as you want it to be posted))

hi folks! :D

im interesting in all that development, my friend have this phone and is to hard to mod a bit :crying:
    we are from Argentina, here the phone comes with TV anthena.

For the moment i can make a full backup using MTK tools and now im making other with adb pull
    i hope u can do some rom port for this phone.

RESERVE

it might get FAT

DOES ANYONE FIND THE TIP USEFUL ?
    it takes 10 second to copy paste and check so might aswel :)

there is no fastboot device i have more than one android phone here and drivers etc. are ok, infact I'm a Linux user... no fastboot device is found sorry, my other devices work... I tried to contact LG many times for help for BL unlocking, but no success so far...

I'll keep on looking/searching/reading/testing. So that's it from me. ;)