How do I unlink a Droid from the carrier?

Search This thread

dwasifar

Apr 16, 2013
I have an original Verizon Droid that has been out of service a long time. I'm recommissioning it as a music player for my wife to take to the gym. But when I fire it up, it still thinks it should be an active phone, and Verizon thinks so too; it connects to Verizon's network and is able to make calls.

Right now I have it on Airplane Mode to prevent this, but that disables wi-fi too, and I want it to have wi-fi. Is there a way to erase or reset whatever configuration the carrier gave it, so that it will not try to connect, or at least will not succeed? It's running Cyanogenmod 7, if that makes a difference.

Erovia

Sep 16, 2012
1) Turn Airplane Mode ON (yes, I know this will turn Wi-Fi off)
2) Turn Wi-Fi ON (Wi-Fi will turn on while the mobile connection stays disabled)

IGGYVIP

Feb 17, 2014
/
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S10
TRY THIS !!!

I have an original Verizon Droid that has been out of service a long time. I'm recommissioning it as a music player for my wife to take to the gym. But when I fire it up, it still thinks it should be an active phone, and Verizon thinks so too; it connects to Verizon's network and is able to make calls.

Right now I have it on Airplane Mode to prevent this, but that disables wi-fi too, and I want it to have wi-fi. Is there a way to erase or reset whatever configuration the carrier gave it, so that it will not try to connect, or at least will not succeed? It's running Cyanogenmod 7, if that makes a difference.

it works on gsm milestone
open dialer
dial
*#*#4636#*#*
testing menu will open
tap phone info
scroll to the bottom part and tap Turn off radio :)