HTC desire s hboot downgrade from hboot 2.02.0002 to hboot 0.98.0002

Search This thread

WilcoBreedt

Mar 9, 2013
Welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not taking credit for any files or programs here I just simply constructed a full guide on how to downgrade etc. for noobs and also people that is struggeling like I did .
Please be warned that you might damage your phone and also that your waranty voids after you unlocked your bootloader so I don't take any responsibility !!!!! But be assured if you follow my instructions you'll just be fine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It took me 5 weeeeeeeekssss to find all of these and figure everything out so be greatfull !!!!:D
I'm going to tell you excacly how i did it !

First things first ....
Copy Cyanogen mod 7 android 2.3.3.zip to your sd card
Open "HTC DESIRE S - All in one toolkit" and run it.Remember you should be in bootloader for this ( volume down + power ) and the navigate with arrow keys to fastboot and select it using power button. Follow all the instructions in the lefthand corner on how to unlock your bootloader
Next you have to flash custom recovery . Look in the right hand corner and select TWRP 2.4.0.0 and let it flash.Sometimes it will say your phone is not detected just exit that command promt and the next command window will flash it.
Now you have to go to your recovery ... While in fastboot select bootloader and then recovery ... A htc logo will appear and about 10 sec from that an TWRP logo .
Go to
After all that is done go to install select zip and find the cyanogen mod 7... .zip you pasted earlier on your sd card and then flash it . wait untill it completes.
Now you have to reboot your phone look for reboot in the TWRP menu and select reboot then bootloader . Once your in bootloader again go to the folder where all my tools are located that I provided for you .
Go to android tools and press shift then right click and select open command window here .
copy and paste the following :

fastboot flash boot boot.img

After its completed select the reboot option using your arrow keys.
Wait until cyanogen mod 7 fully boots up
Now go to settings > applications > developer options and enable usb debugging
After that go to android tools folder again and open the command window again paste the following :

adb push C:\downsaga\misc_version /data/local/tmp

adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/misc_version

adb shell

su

cd /data/local/tmp

./misc_version -s 1.27.405.6

exit

exit

exit

adb reboot-bootloader

After that the phone will be in bootloader again already in fastboot and then just type :

Fastboot oem lock

After that the phone will be in bootloader again already in fastboot
Now open the ruu I have provided for you and run it until it completes and whalah !!! You have hboot 0.98.0002
Now if you want to root it use the superoneclick app I provided and after that s-off also your bootloader with revolutionary i provided just follow the clear instructions(Your phone must be turned on and not in bootloader ! also remember to turn on usb debugging again !!!! )

after all of thos when you reboot into bootloader things will look like :

-Revolutionary-
SAGA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-6.98.1002
RADIO-38.03.02.11_M
eMMC-boot
(current date),(current time)

Thank you very much:good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:
lY-AssassiN-Yl

files are all in one .zip file
link to files ........ mediafire.com/?ijic67sr55676um (just copy and paste in your browser)..........

Last edited:

VnnAmed

Sep 23, 2011
Poznań
Google Pixel 4a
Edited Version

I just wanted to post similar one but You did it for me. Anyway i edited it cause it was a mess :) Still I wonder will this work without GoldCard on any phone...

This is a simple guide for newcomers to Android. Please be warned that you might damage your phone and also that your waranty voids after you unlock your bootloader and the author doesn't take any responsibility for that. Still things shouldn't go wrong.

Link for the necessary files.

1. Copy Cyanogen mod 7 android 2.3.3.zip to your SD card.

2. Go here and click THANKS button for hasoon2000. This is his tool and he takes all credit for his hard work.

3. Now open "HTC DESIRE S - All in one toolkit" and double click on Desire S.exe.

4. Follow all the instructions in the left hand corner on how to unlock your bootloader

5. Now we are going to flash recovery. Look in the right hand corner, select TWRP 2.4.0.0 and click Flash Recovery button and follow the instructions.

6. It's time to go to the recovery. While in fastboot select bootloader and then recovery. A htc logo will appear and then TWRP should start.

7. When you're in the recovery MAKE BACKUP. Then go to Wipe section. Now wipe these four: Cache, Dalvik Cache, Factory Reset, System. After that go back, click Install and select Cyanogenmod 7.zip you placed on your SD card. Slide to flash and wait.

8. After flash is complete go back to TWRP main menu and select Reboot and then Bootloader.

9. When you're in bootloader go to the folder where all my tools are located.
Go to android tools and press shift then right click and select open command window here.

10. In the Command Window copy and paste the following :

11. After it's completed select the reboot option using your arrow keys.
Wait until cyanogenmod 7 boots up. This is first boot so it may take a while. Don't get nervous.

12. When Cyanogenmod 7 will start go to Settings > Applications > Developer options. Enable USB Debugging

13. After that go to android tools folder again and open the command window and paste the following :

adb shell

su

cd /data/local/tmp

exit

exit

exit

adb reboot-bootloader

14. When your phone will be in bootloader in fastboot USB mode type:

Fastboot oem lock

15. After that the phone will give you Warning. It's fine. Stay in bootloader in fastboot USB.

16. Open the RUU I have provided and run it until it completes flashing.

17. You have hboot 0.98.0002 now. Use the superoneclick app I provided.

18. After that run revolutionary tool and follow the instructions. After it's complete reboot into bootloader. Things should look like this:

-Revolutionary-
SAGA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-6.98.1002
RADIO-38.03.02.11_M
eMMC-boot

Big thanks to:
lY-AssassiN-Yl
hasoon2000

Last edited:

warjar

Mar 11, 2013
Thanks for this guide. I've seem to have run into an issue though...

Wait until cyanogenmod 7 boots up. This is first boot so it may take a while. Don't get nervous.

It been 20-30 minutes now, and still booting. Is it now time to get nervous?

VnnAmed

Sep 23, 2011
Poznań
Google Pixel 4a
Thanks for this guide. I've seem to have run into an issue though...

It been 20-30 minutes now, and still booting. Is it now time to get nervous?

Yes it's too long. Try connecting your device to PC and in command line (adb) type: adb reboot recovery.
If this doesn't work try Three button reset. Push power, volume up and down simultaneously. If this doesn't work too follow these steps
1. Connect phone to USB
2. Remove battery
3. Phone will still be running
4. Shutdown PC to cut the USB power

Now boot into recovery (hold vol down and click power). I'm sorry this is partially my fault. I just switched my brain off during writing this assuming this was right and n00b proof :silly:. It isn't. There is one more step before flashing Cyanogenmod that you may not be familiar with. When you manage to get into recovery go to Wipe section. Now wipe these four: Cache, Dalvik Cache, Factory Reset, System. After that flash (install) cyanogenmod again. This time it will boot. I'm updating guide right now and I'm sorry for your stress and inconvenience. If it works please report back.

warjar

Mar 11, 2013
Yes it's too long. Try connecting your device to PC and in command line (adb) type: adb reboot recovery.
If this doesn't work try Three button reset. Push power, volume up and down simultaneously. If this doesn't work too follow these steps
1. Connect phone to USB
2. Remove battery
3. Phone will still be running
4. Shutdown PC to cut the USB power

Now boot into recovery (hold vol down and click power). I'm sorry this is partially my fault. I just switched my brain off during writing this assuming this was right and n00b proof :silly:. It isn't. There is one more step before flashing Cyanogenmod that you may not be familiar with. When you manage to get into recovery go to Wipe section. Now wipe these four: Cache, Dalvik Cache, Factory Reset, System. After that flash (install) cyanogenmod again. This time it will boot. I'm updating guide right now and I'm sorry for your stress and inconvenience. If it works please report back.

Thanks for the anwser, although I managed to solve this shortly after posting last nigth. Basicly I just removed the battery break the loop, wiped data and cache and reflashed.

Yes, I will have to ID myself as somewhat of a noob on the andoid-front and want to point out some parts of the guide that aint 100% noob-proof. A couple of times I was actually forced to think for myself. That's outrageous! :D

1. Place the folder "Desire_S_All-In-One_Kit_v2.0" at your C:/ root and run the .exe from there. Won't work baked into some other directory I believe.

2. Replace "adb push C:\downsaga\misc_version /data/local/tmp" with "adb push misc_version /data/local/tmp". Otherwise you will be looking in the wrong dir the way this rest of this guide is set up.

3. At step 11. If stuck on loop, follw these steps:
A. boot into recovery
B. wipe data/factory reset
C. wipe cache
D. go into partitions menu, and format boot and format system. (I skiped this part this time)
E. install rom zip from sdcard
F. reboot

4. At the end of step 13 there seem to be one "exit" to many. (this is just a trivial thing ofc)

5. Step 17: I had to run this one several times before it got propper rooted. What seem to make the difference was actually the in order i did things during the su test after the "successful" root. Go to your phone app-list >>superuser>>Preferences>>Automatic responce>>Allow befor you click away the warning on your computer.

I also ran all programs as admin, didnt test if it would work without, but it's generally a good idea with these things.

Remember, when you write for noobs you have to include the obvious ;)

It's the first time i've touched this root-stuff so take this for what it is. It solved it for me, but may not always be the correct fix.

I've been wanting to root without using HTCdev, but resigned to this after beeing thrown around to some 10-15 differnet sites and guides, with missing software etc..

Now to figure out what ROM to use as this one had Sense 2.1, and why TiBu crashes when I attempt to remove bloatware. But that will have to be another story...

Thanks for the guide guys, and for providing all the software needed in one package, that's probably the most useful part for a newcomer =)

hmz12

Feb 9, 2013
RUU

Hey guys,

got up to the RUU part and it says when updating rom from "13.10.401.8" to "1.31.206.1" Cannot be updated due to it being the wrong RUU, please find one for your phone

Also Im in the UK

Background :

Flashed it before to run primo s 4.1. Did not have the S-OFF
had ext4 ? then it changed TWRP

paulie-uk

Mar 9, 2013
London
Hey guys,

got up to the RUU part and it says when updating rom from "13.10.401.8" to "1.31.206.1" Cannot be updated due to it being the wrong RUU, please find one for your phone

Also Im in the UK

Background :

Flashed it before to run primo s 4.1. Did not have the S-OFF
had ext4 ? then it changed TWRP

Wrong can mean two things:
1. Did you misc_version from a root/temproot environment? If you didn't have the right privileges, you can't do this step.
2. Your phone is Branded (to your carrier), you need to either choose a RUU that matches your carrier (see "+files" then RUU in my sig) or create a goldcard, which should let your phone ignore the carrier/region check.

zeus.lny

May 9, 2010
Prague
Samsung Galaxy S8+
LG V30
I just wanted to post similar one but You did it for me. Anyway i edited it cause it was a mess :) Still I wonder will this work without GoldCard on any phone...

This is a simple guide for newcomers to Android. Please be warned that you might damage your phone and also that your waranty voids after you unlock your bootloader and the author doesn't take any responsibility for that. Still things shouldn't go wrong.

2. Go here and click THANKS button for hasoon2000. This is his tool and he takes all credit for his hard work.

3. Now open "HTC DESIRE S - All in one toolkit" and double click on Desire S.exe.

4. Follow all the instructions in the left hand corner on how to unlock your bootloader

5. Now we are going to flash recovery. Look in the right hand corner, select TWRP 2.4.0.0 and click Flash Recovery button and follow the instructions.

6. It's time to go to the recovery. While in fastboot select bootloader and then recovery. A htc logo will appear and then TWRP should start.

7. When you're in the recovery MAKE BACKUP. Then go to Wipe section. Now wipe these four: Cache, Dalvik Cache, Factory Reset, System. After that go back, click Install and select Cyanogenmod 7.zip you placed on your SD card. Slide to flash and wait.

8. After flash is complete go back to TWRP main menu and select Reboot and then Bootloader.

Go to android tools and press shift then right click and select open command window here.

12. When Cyanogenmod 7 will start go to Settings > Applications > Developer options. Enable USB Debugging

13. After that go to android tools folder again and open the command window and paste the following :

adb shell

su

cd /data/local/tmp

exit

exit

exit

adb reboot-bootloader

Fastboot oem lock

15. After that the phone will give you Warning. It's fine. Stay in bootloader in fastboot USB.

18. After that run revolutionary tool and follow the instructions. After it's complete reboot into bootloader. Things should look like this:

-Revolutionary-
SAGA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-6.98.1002
RADIO-38.03.02.11_M
eMMC-boot

Big thanks to:
lY-AssassiN-Yl
hasoon2000

Will this method works on ICS Desire S updated via ICS RUU and unlocked via HTC DEv

zeus.lny

May 9, 2010
Prague
Samsung Galaxy S8+
LG V30
i am already running Andromadus AOSP 4.2.2 with S-On for for me to S-Off my phone i have to follow from step 12 of your guide as i already have 4Ext recovery installed, Also 1 thing.. Do i have to make a gold card to run the RUU of my regions to Downgrade my hboot ?

hmz12

Feb 9, 2013
@paulie uk

hi, i figured i dont need s-off, just had to flash the boot.img

NOOB mistake

thanks anyways guys!!!

flodnv

May 17, 2013

adb shell

su

cd /data/local/tmp

exit

exit

exit

adb reboot-bootloader

Hello all, everything works fine for me until this step: first, I was surprised to see the program is named "misctool" and not "misc_version" as specified in the example. Also, the option to use seems to be "w" and not "-s". Anyway, when I run "./misctool w 1.27.405.6" as root, I get "Error opening misc partition... must be run as root" twice... And I know I am running it as root since when I run "whoami" it returns "root"...

What am I doing wrong here..?

EDIT:
I was able to make it work using the commands using "adb shell" from the cmd prompt...
But now I am running into another problem, when I try to install the RUU I get :ERROR [131]: CUSTOMER ID ERROR
Apparently this occurs when you have the wrong RUU. How do I get the correct RUU for my device ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

gezginsirin

Jun 6, 2013
how to get token ID?

Apperantly I got stuck on the 3rd step. How do I get token ID? What is the command and on which dir do I type it?

Bjorn_D

Nov 17, 2012
ghhhaaaa i can get past step 17. I realy need some help. i think comodo tought this files was a treath an placed them in quarantine
and i can get it to un quarantine them.. :crying: ( aahhh i needed to unlock bootloader again "crap.. now i need to figure out how i did that")

ghhhaaa-1236235407.png

Last edited:
G

GuestD0828

RUU Update takes forever!

I've been sitting here for 15 min and the RUU updater are still "Sending" something -.-

Is this normal?

maysider

Sep 10, 2008
great tutorial, but

great tutorial, thank you, but in the step

I get "device not found"

what is the problem? thank you

zeus.lny

May 9, 2010
Prague
Samsung Galaxy S8+
LG V30

#Fear

Aug 26, 2013

I get "device not found"

The error would usually appear if USB debugging isn't ticked or you don't have the right drivers.

Cheers

FromBeyondThisWorld

Reactions: maysider

zeus.lny

May 9, 2010
Prague
Samsung Galaxy S8+
LG V30

I get "device not found"

Tick usb debugging in setting and re install htc sync which will install the required drivers also make sure u have android sdk installed and updated.

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: maysider

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not taking credit for any files or programs here I just simply constructed a full guide on how to downgrade etc. for noobs and also people that is struggeling like I did .
    Please be warned that you might damage your phone and also that your waranty voids after you unlocked your bootloader so I don't take any responsibility !!!!! But be assured if you follow my instructions you'll just be fine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It took me 5 weeeeeeeekssss to find all of these and figure everything out so be greatfull !!!!:D
    I'm going to tell you excacly how i did it !

First things first ....
    Copy Cyanogen mod 7 android 2.3.3.zip to your sd card
    Open "HTC DESIRE S - All in one toolkit" and run it.Remember you should be in bootloader for this ( volume down + power ) and the navigate with arrow keys to fastboot and select it using power button. Follow all the instructions in the lefthand corner on how to unlock your bootloader
    Next you have to flash custom recovery . Look in the right hand corner and select TWRP 2.4.0.0 and let it flash.Sometimes it will say your phone is not detected just exit that command promt and the next command window will flash it.
    Now you have to go to your recovery ... While in fastboot select bootloader and then recovery ... A htc logo will appear and about 10 sec from that an TWRP logo .
    Go to
    After all that is done go to install select zip and find the cyanogen mod 7... .zip you pasted earlier on your sd card and then flash it . wait untill it completes.
    Now you have to reboot your phone look for reboot in the TWRP menu and select reboot then bootloader . Once your in bootloader again go to the folder where all my tools are located that I provided for you .
    Go to android tools and press shift then right click and select open command window here .
    copy and paste the following :

After its completed select the reboot option using your arrow keys.
    Wait until cyanogen mod 7 fully boots up
    Now go to settings > applications > developer options and enable usb debugging
    After that go to android tools folder again and open the command window again paste the following :

adb shell

su

cd /data/local/tmp

exit

exit

exit

adb reboot-bootloader

After that the phone will be in bootloader again already in fastboot and then just type :

Fastboot oem lock

After that the phone will be in bootloader again already in fastboot
    Now open the ruu I have provided for you and run it until it completes and whalah !!! You have hboot 0.98.0002
    Now if you want to root it use the superoneclick app I provided and after that s-off also your bootloader with revolutionary i provided just follow the clear instructions(Your phone must be turned on and not in bootloader ! also remember to turn on usb debugging again !!!! )

after all of thos when you reboot into bootloader things will look like :

-Revolutionary-
    SAGA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
    HBOOT-6.98.1002
    RADIO-38.03.02.11_M
    eMMC-boot

Thank you very much:good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:
    lY-AssassiN-Yl

files are all in one .zip file
    link to files ........ mediafire.com/?ijic67sr55676um (just copy and paste in your browser)..........
    Edited Version

adb shell

su

cd /data/local/tmp

exit

exit

exit

adb reboot-bootloader

Fastboot oem lock

-Revolutionary-
    SAGA PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
    HBOOT-6.98.1002
    RADIO-38.03.02.11_M
    eMMC-boot

Big thanks to:
    lY-AssassiN-Yl
    hasoon2000
    Will this method works on ICS Desire S updated via ICS RUU and unlocked via HTC DEv

Sure. Actually it's how I did it :)

I get "device not found"

The error would usually appear if USB debugging isn't ticked or you don't have the right drivers.

Cheers

FromBeyondThisWorld

I get "device not found"

Tick usb debugging in setting and re install htc sync which will install the required drivers also make sure u have android sdk installed and updated.

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk 4