[GUIDE] Official List of Roms, Mods, Kernels, Root, etc

Search This thread

BusyPooping

Mar 5, 2009
and... updated with a couple more roms. flash away!

Maybe the mods can pin this thread to the general section.

Last edited:

Jayrod76

Oct 6, 2012
Love the list as it is very helpful! I do have a question though. Does anyone know of a basic no frills AOSP build? I know that this sounds like a crazy question but since I am doing my own theming,the additional stuff is not needed. Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

BusyPooping

Mar 5, 2009
Love the list as it is very helpful! I do have a question though. Does anyone know of a basic no frills AOSP build? I know that this sounds like a crazy question but since I am doing my own theming,the additional stuff is not needed. Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

i would think cm10.1 might be the best one. i havent paid much attention to aosp builds on this phone, but that's a lot of people used on the nexus and they were good at keeping the phone up to date. AOKP was always good too.

Liquidsmooth has a ton of customization options, and thats about all i know as far as aosp.

Jayrod76

Oct 6, 2012
I've tried Liquid and CM..both are great but they have too many options ( bet that's the first time anyone said that!) Looking for more like a base that doesn't have all the stuff that I am already changing and having the"extras" makes things redundant.
Thanks again for the list!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

mharrall

Jul 6, 2009
Doea any one have a link for the custom v6 supercharger script that hyperdrive uses that is a sweet mod

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

ncope562

Nov 4, 2010
Very helpful list! Thank you! I am pretty new at this so it is nice to have all the major customization options along with the how to get back if I break it link here in one place! On Beans ROM now, working awesome, but may have to try an AOSP based ROM soon.

Buddyfunlove

Mar 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
I am a fan of KT. However, I am on euroskank jellybro and the kernel that is with that flies (cm10.1) and is super smooth. Long lasting too. uploadfromtaptalk1372266949439.jpg

*** I be Tappin ***

djcyph

Nov 23, 2007
any of the kernels known to help with signal/reception? my office has bad reception but with my Thunderbolt I was always able to send texts. They fail a lot now and have to be resent a lot. think diff kernel will help? or any other recommendations?

Top Liked Posts