MHL to HDMI adapter for Tab pro

Search This thread

mp119519

Mar 6, 2014
Got a new MHL to HDMI adapter, I have a galaxy S4 phone and a galaxy note 10.1 2014 tablet. Works with both of them. I was able to get an HDMI output to project the tablet image on my TV. The next step will be to watch a movie on my TV screen that is sourced from my tablet and phone.
Then i tested it with my brother's tab pro 10.1, and it also works awesome. Chose to get this over the Samsung OEM one. So far I am very pleased.

Firedog91902

Jun 28, 2012
Does anybody know of any other?

Cable Matters MHL 2.0 to HDMI Adapter with integrated USB Charging Port and 6' Charging Cable for Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/Note 2/Note 3/Note 8.0 - Black. Available on amazon. Sorry, Xda won't let me post the link.

This works with the 8.4 pro w or w/o external power. I had to trim plastic shroud around micro USB plug so it would insert deep enough to make contacts. Mine may have just been a defective example. It was an easy fix.

This one requires a standard m/m HDMI cable (not supplied). The one in post 1 requires a MHL to micro USB cable. (Supplied ? see correction.) The cable needs to be long enough so you can sit with your tablet and reach the TV.

Correction: The one in #1 does come with two cables. A USBmale to microUSBmale (for power) and a Micro USB Male to Male MHL Cable. (The later wasn't included in the pictures unless that what's in the black sleave box). How long is the Micro USB Male to Male MHL Cable? The length isn't listed on WOWparts.

Another correction 4Apr14: The Cable Matters MHL 2.0 to HDMI works fine without external power. Since you can set brightness of the tablet to minimum, you can easily get 4 hours on a charged 8.4 pro, maybe more. If you connect 5v power to the MHL 2.0, the tablet reports it is charging, but in fact, it is not. This is pretty strange. On my Galaxy 7.7 connected to a Samsung HDMI adapter, external 5v is required for the HDMI to work and it also charges the tablet.

Last edited:

elpuertorro

May 5, 2011
Manati
Got a new MHL to HDMI adapter, I have a galaxy S4 phone and a galaxy note 10.1 2014 tablet. Works with both of them. I was able to get an HDMI output to project the tablet image on my TV. The next step will be to watch a movie on my TV screen that is sourced from my tablet and phone.
Then i tested it with my brother's tab pro 10.1, and it also works awesome. Chose to get this over the Samsung OEM one. So far I am very pleased.

after I read this ordered 2 1 for me (Tab Pro 8.4) and 1 for my friend ( Note 3 ) works great can watch a movie on the monitor ( using my PC monitor for this) while still being able to use other apps ( as long as you use the sammy vid player doesn't work that way with 3rd party vid players)

And to clear out some: If you don't know, better not say it,

The kit comes with all you need the "converter" is the small extra mini-usb piece labeled SIII => which by the way I noticed is extra long before I even used it, I figured bad quality control maybe? but no, it happened to my friend that length is actually needed to make contact with the MHL pins i'm guessing at this point since I read that Firedog91902 had to trim his for it to reach further in.

But yes it works great and comes with all you need!, The HDMI plug, USB Cable and the USB 5 pin to 11 pin converter all you need to supply( which you already have) is the charger or another USB cable for it to draw the needed juice.

They way I set it up in 3 steps
HDMI adapter/unit plugged to my monitor ( has 2 HDMI sockets )
Took and extra mini Usb charging cable from and old HTC for power and plugged into a USB 2.0 powered hub.
And last but not least Used provided USB cable with the little dongle converter to plug to the unit/HDMI adapter and my Tab 8.4 and tadaa works great!!

so will this mirror the screen or does it only work with viewing movies and pictures?

Both and not only that, if you use the stock Video player you can watch the movie on the TV while still browse and use the TabPRO for other stuff, just press home and the movie keeps playing and now you can chat or what ever else with the tab while watching the movie.

Last edited:

hsktommox

Sep 29, 2013
Reply about MHL to HDMI adapter for Tab pro

I can understand you. Last month , I also get a mhl to hdmi adapter from www.hdgenius.com ,Now it also works awesome. Support your idea !