4.4.3 Galaxy S3 Confirmed Possibly

Search This thread

Ryan92394

Oct 29, 2011
Reading over the GS3 sprint official forums I came across this post from "SprintCare" the sprint representative to the forum.

SprintCare May 16, 2014 3:34 PM (in response to strangebrew52)
strangebrew52, Google is aware of the issues associated with the KitKat update. They are working on 4.4.3 which is supposed to help with this. I understand how frustrating this can be and we appreciate your patience while we wait for Google to release an update to correct these issues. Lorrie Sprint Social Care

So therefore I purpose that 4.4.3 is indeed confirmed for sprint galaxy s3.

Link to original post

poit

May 10, 2009
Colorado
Google Pixel 7
Confirmed Possibly?

That's a define maybe.
But seriously, there hasn't been an RDF showing up since the last update. That would be the first sign that they are testing an update. On the other hand, as long as they are selling new S3s, they will probably keep updating it.

Edit: OK I just read the full quote. What the Sprint rep said is GOOGLE is working on the 4.4.3 update. Not Sprint. Not Samsung. If and when, that's a long time down the road.

Definitely maybe.

Last edited:

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
The ND8 modem is horrible, a lot of people are having this issue including myself.

Battery drain and GPS were the issues mentioned... The modem is not something Google would work on.

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

wetbiker7

Aug 12, 2011
ND8 is working well for me and that's saying a lot considering where I live. It's working just as well as MK3 if not better. :thumbup:

Sent From My Wicked S3 Running Wicked-X.

glenesis

Apr 23, 2011
I am on stock 4.3 (mk3). I never rooted my L710. I have a notification that just came in that tells me that a System Update is downloaded and ready to install.

Is there any way to tell what update I have received, before I install it?

Where in my file system would the update file(s) download to? I can't locate anything that looks like an update file (using es File Explorer)

If I can locate the update files, I'll be thrilled to post somewhere them for any interested parties :)

I have seen no news about a new ota update today. Until today, i think my system was up-to-date.

Edit: I just found the Stock 4.4 ND8 ROM thread, but my questions stand, TIA

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
I am on stock 4.3. I never rooted my L710. I have a notification that just came in that tells me that a System Update is downloaded and ready to install.

Is there any way to tell what update I have received, before I install it?

Where in my file system would the update file(s) download to? I can't locate anything that looks like an update file (using es File Explorer)

If I can locate the update files, I'll be thrilled to post somewhere them for any interested parties :)

I have seen no news about a new ota update today. Until today, my system was up-to-date.

That's 4.4 kitkat that you're seeing: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2737643

The file would have downloaded to /cache

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Very nice to meet you, and thank you very much for the super-fast response.

It is the 4.4 update. I have not run it.

The notification is still there, but there is nothing in /Cache. Not even invisible files. Is that odd?

You wouldn't be able to see it because you don't have root access

RayTrue04

Oct 27, 2010
Hartford, CT
Well Samsungs open source page has been more reliable than the rdf page in the past in regards to my note 2. I think I'll take Samsungs open source page over sprints anything.

Sent from my SM-N915P using XDA Free mobile app

RayTrue04

Oct 27, 2010
Hartford, CT

It's where sprint posts changes they are working on for future update builds to a certain device.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Resource Description Frameworks - http://device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/SPH-L710/latest -basically test builds... As you see ND7 was the last one.

ZkAaTbh.jpg

My ROM: WICKED X

Like I said.. RDF pages are not always reliable. My HTC one RDF page don't even list the last kk update that rolled out...

http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=sph-l710

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

http://device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/SPH-L900/latest

http://device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/SPH-L900-SPRINT/latest

http://device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/SPH-L900-Chameleon/latest

Here's another example. Try finding the Note 2s kitkat build on there. You won't as PUCNE2 was never listed but released. Only builds that got listed were the PUCND4 & PUCND7. Anyways was just trying to breathe some life into this old device...

Reactions: Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reading over the GS3 sprint official forums I came across this post from "SprintCare" the sprint representative to the forum.

SprintCare May 16, 2014 3:34 PM (in response to strangebrew52)
    strangebrew52, Google is aware of the issues associated with the KitKat update. They are working on 4.4.3 which is supposed to help with this. I understand how frustrating this can be and we appreciate your patience while we wait for Google to release an update to correct these issues. Lorrie Sprint Social Care

So therefore I purpose that 4.4.3 is indeed confirmed for sprint galaxy s3.

Link to original post
    Confirmed Possibly?

That's a define maybe.
    But seriously, there hasn't been an RDF showing up since the last update. That would be the first sign that they are testing an update. On the other hand, as long as they are selling new S3s, they will probably keep updating it.

Edit: OK I just read the full quote. What the Sprint rep said is GOOGLE is working on the 4.4.3 update. Not Sprint. Not Samsung. If and when, that's a long time down the road.

Definitely maybe.
    That's because they don't include official releases

ZkAaTbh.jpg

My ROM: WICKED X
    ND8 is working well for me and that's saying a lot considering where I live. It's working just as well as MK3 if not better. :thumbup:

Sent From My Wicked S3 Running Wicked-X.
    Same here... I get LTE in the middle of nowhere in my house... Look up Garrett, IN... I live in the outskirts too lol