My M8 wont charge if the phone is powered on.

Search This thread

tdnookhd

Jan 8, 2013
When the phone is on, plugging in the cord will charge the phone for a couple of seconds before it stops working. If its powered off, the phone charges normally but obviously I want to be able to use my phone. Does anyone have a fix for this, or do I need to get back to stock and make an insurance claim with Verizon?

I should mention I'm running the GPE ROM currently.

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
When the phone is on, plugging in the cord will charge the phone for a couple of seconds before it stops working. If its powered off, the phone charges normally but obviously I want to be able to use my phone. Does anyone have a fix for this, or do I need to get back to stock and make an insurance claim with Verizon?

I should mention I'm running the GPE ROM currently.
what happens when you ruu back to stock?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

tdnookhd

Jan 8, 2013
OK...sounds like a fastboot driver problem. you have an SD card formatted to fat32 you can copy the ruu to?

I have one somewhere that I could try tomorrow. I think it might be a software problem since it started entering car mode all the time randomly when not plugged in yesterday, and that's when this started. That being said, it seems if I let the car mode notification sit in my status bar it will charge for the most part.

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
I have one somewhere that I could try tomorrow. I think it might be a software problem since it started entering car mode all the time randomly when not plugged in yesterday, and that's when this started. That being said, it seems if I let the car mode notification sit in my status bar it will charge for the most part.
sounds kernel related. the ruu via SD will be an easy way to test. remember it will wipe internal storage too.