[RELEASE] TWRP 2.1.1 for Motorola Defy [2012-04-23]

Search This thread

@non4

Jun 11, 2012
Gothicus
Yes there were few tweaks in how mount is done due to which TWRP is not working! And if someone(like me) already flashed TWRP. You don't need to flash SBF all over again. Just install(reinstal) bootmenu using the snd init app and you get the bootmenu.. Later you can just flash the ROM zip again.. Simple!

Not necessarily, I'm surprised 2ndinit even worked for you when I did that it bricked even worse! Just copy the bootmenu folder in root explorer from your ROM/NANDroid and replace the broken one with it

Sent from Iron man's Jellybean powered suit

bone101

Jan 6, 2012
a word of caution... the latest quarx build 020812 and TWRP are not compatible, if you flash TWRP you will not be able to access recovery and you'll have to start all over by flashing an sbf

You only have to reinstall recovery 2nd init installer.....

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app

@non4

Jun 11, 2012
Gothicus
TWRP doesn't work with stock either, it needs that also to replace clockworkmod for me, was awesome while it lasted but just too much of a pain if my recovery got bricked

Sent from Iron man's Jellybean powered suit

Sleepy!

Jul 20, 2010
Epsy only u can built the CWM 6 Touch Recovery for our moto defy

Nah. Quarx can do it.
He's just too busy, what with his kernel builds and real life.
Anyway Eppy's moved on to Galaxy S Advance development, so he's probably not even monitoring this thread.
>
M11kaa or Walter79 could do it too...
We just need to appeal enough to them to work on it.

diogo.sena

Apr 7, 2011
Nah. Quarx can do it.
He's just too busy, what with his kernel builds and real life.
Anyway Eppy's moved on to Galaxy S Advance development, so he's probably not even monitoring this thread.
>
M11kaa or Walter79 could do it too...
We just need to appeal enough to them to work on it.

Maybe m11ka is indicated, cause he recently add TLS support in multiboot, (lack of tls support is the problem with twrp i think)
but he seems busy..

Reactions: kHron0S

gedhe

May 7, 2012
Dortmund
TWRP for Defy is still stuck at 2.1.1
2.4 is being released for more "modern" devices ;O(

Rein haun
David

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMG_20120406_195041.jpg
    2012-04-23_21-12-49_839.jpg

Yes, that's right, TWRP 2.1.0 is out RIGHT NOW! Hit the links below for a list of changes or install it via the GooManager app!

Team Win Recovery Project 2.1, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD:
    The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
    Play Store Link
    Direct Download
    You can find more information and download links on our website!
    Or get the signed zip attached here for the defy

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's very hard to keep up with multiple threads for multiple devices. Please search the issues list first. Your issue may have already been reported.

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

---

installs, backup and restore tested, compatible cm7 and ics (and with my rom updater tool too) without any tweak.

Defy Page : http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/91

Sources are published here and here

To compile it yourself : http://rootzwiki.com/topic/23903-how-to-compile-twrp-from-source/
    a word of caution... the latest quarx build 020812 and TWRP are not compatible, if you flash TWRP you will not be able to access recovery and you'll have to start all over by flashing an sbf
    I wonder if this will be added to cm7 nightlies... cause with each update the cwmr comes back...

no, cm is a whole system... but this new recovery could be included some day, now its fully opensource...

actually required libs are built from an old aosp gingerbread, and use an old patched busybox for tar/gz archives... that should be fixed before it can be in cm repo...
    How to update bootmenu ?

here it's a update file made by @nepotu ,wich contains bootmenu 1.1.8 , TWRP 2.1.0 , multiboot 0.5.3 and CWM 5.0.6
    http://db.tt/o0kNpJMv

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk
    i don't know what new features TWRP has except the beautiful GUI...
    if there's no other features, i can't see a good point to do this. We don't use the recovery very often.
    but thanks for your efforts for porting cm7&cm9 any way.

I'm using recovery very often and a touch-ui is really good to protect physical buttons. :)