HTC WP7 USB Internet Tethering - DFRouter

Search This thread

dhandby

Mar 14, 2011
Dfrouter fix!!

I can confirm that this works brilliantly.

Click the .xap file from that dropbox website and move across to apps and you'll see DFrouter.

phone restarted and works fine now! So happy.

albe100

Sep 19, 2011
sorry but how do I flash the ROM if I do not synchronize?
I do that all the steps but when flashing the percentage remains at 0% on both the PC and the phone up to give me the error 262 that the device is not connected.
I tried both with windows xp with advancesync
and seven and their tools but nothing can not synchronize

I have two devices under management hardware is not recognized, I think they are the phone

can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance

EDIT:
I managed to flash the ROM but with the 7720 classic that is not free, but since there is a free rom, I can not install dfrouter from the internet.

the ROM shown in the message can not flash it even though it is a HTC T8698 is as I said before the loading bar at 0%

Last edited:

Yasen Almighty

May 7, 2011
Doha
Great Job

Finally that brought back the phone to zune.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

sorry but how do I flash the ROM if I do not synchronize?
I do that all the steps but when flashing the percentage remains at 0% on both the PC and the phone up to give me the error 262 that the device is not connected.
I tried both with windows xp with advancesync
and seven and their tools but nothing can not synchronize

I have two devices under management hardware is not recognized, I think they are the phone

can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance

EDIT:
I managed to flash the ROM but with the 7720 classic that is not free, but since there is a free rom, I can not install dfrouter from the internet.

the ROM shown in the message can not flash it even though it is a HTC T8698 is as I said before the loading bar at 0%

Make sure that you flash RSPL/HSPL (if your phone is with SPL) before flashing the DFT ROM
Note: Be aware that if you already have the HSPL flashed on your phone, re-flashing it may broke your phone, so check it before start flashing the HSPL.
Hope that will help.

Last edited:

sfk

Sep 28, 2011
Hi,
I've got a really big problem with my HTC Mozart. I tried this guide. I installed the program on the phone, installed HTC Sync on the PC and tried to connect the device to the PC. My Win7 x64 PC found two devices but no drivers and pointing the PC to the directory with the drivers in it didn't work too.
So finally I gave up and uninstalled the program from the phone and from the PC. The biggest mistake I've ever made. My device couldn't connect to the PC anymore and the program was off the phone. Even a hard-reset didn't change anything about the connection issue. Does the program change something in the hardware itself, which is not reseted? Is there any method known to change it back?
I need help.
I have the same problem, you have solved it? any suggestion?

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Like I say before my mozart has freeze before I can return to zune mode so After Hard reset I can't reinstal chevron and DFRouter !
:(

I have the same problem, you have solved it? any suggestion?

marek1

Jun 1, 2007
Usti nad Labem
DFRouter doesnt work

I have Yuki-XBOXmod 7720.68 build ( Mango ) of WP7. The DFrouter doesn't work. If I click on "HTC Modem" nothing happen and I don't have in "my HW" the HTC modem visible.

Can someone to get it work for Mango, please ?

Thanks.

fars100

Oct 27, 2009
Www.saudiht.com
Alright, to everyone who has the 692 error, there can be 2 cause:
- The modem is not on the same COM port has the HTC DIAG port
(see below)
- The APN is not correctly typed
(don't copy and paste from the Internet, retype it to avoid invalid caracters)

I've spent a lot of time trying stuff until I found this post. (Bold stuff are not usually clear with other post.

-------------------------------
1. deployed xap to phone
2. turn off mobile internet and wifi (leave 3g on)
3. open dfrouter and tap htc modem
4. uninstall htc modem that gets installed automatically, ticking the box to delete driver files.
5. scan for hardware changes in device manager
6. 2 unknown devices that need drivers: (force a manual installation)
M_00 needs htcVcomV32.inf
M_01 needs htcusbmdmv32.inf

now i have 2 devices:
HTC USB Modem under Modems
HTC Diagnostic Interface (COM4) under Ports (COM and LTP)

7. in advanced properties of htc modem, add +cgdcont=1,"IP" ,"general.t-mobile.uk" to extra settings (quotes needed)
8. in advanced port settings, change COM port number to 4
9. in network and sharing centre, click setup new connection
10. create dialup connection, dialing *99# (NO username, NO password)
11. wait for windows to create and connect to phone. get as far as authenticating computer on the network then appeared to hang but it did finish THIS TOOK 3 MINUTES!!
12. reset phone and pc
13. connect phone in usb modem mode using dfrouter
14 connect to dial up connection[/
QUOTE]

-===============

Although I do not care this way because I owned a wireless Router very smalll all time in my bag *but. Thank you for one billion admire your announcements in a way and try to simplification as possible with meticulous attention to detail and this shows. At a depth of ur thinking and the multiplicity of its aspects
........ during the seven years of continuous follow-up to this organization XDA idid not write any compliment But to you for writing Argmente

ج

Last edited:

fashion_m

Mar 31, 2009
Sofia
Hi, is there a way to do USB tethering (internet sharing) without unlocking the phone? I am talking about wired internet sharing, not wireless (not Wi-Fi).

Last edited:

treendy

Jan 21, 2012
Stuck on point 3

This seems like it would be great, however how do you deploy the XAP file?

Is the only way to purchase a developer account to unlock your phone? or is there another way to deploy the XAP file

Thanks again

Omnia7xdax

Jul 29, 2011
Orsfeld
I know that it isn´t a current thread,but my question is,is there any app loke this for omnia7? because of the fact this seems to be a method to use a phone as wirlessstick,so this would mean a lot of freedom for the pc location to me and also that i needn´t buy myself a wifistick,please answere:)

LGHT

Aug 14, 2012
I'm going through the setup info and have the DFRouter.zip file, but the only thing included is the xap and based on the instructions I should also have usbmodeswitch.xap and modem drivers. is there a link for those?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    I love HD2 and WP7, but I need tethering for my mobile working. I do search all google and XDA but no luck, then I decide to make it one. Lucky is in HTC Mozart have HTC Test tool, after 2 days code and fix driver tethering run well on my HD2 WP7. Then I want to share for you all, use your own risk.
    1. Download XAP file in attach
    2. Download HTC Sync for Android from HTC for USB Modem driver
    3. Deploy XAP file to your phone
    4. Turn of your Data conection in your phone.
    5. Run DFRouter and click on "HTC Modem"
    6. Open your device manager, it will show 2 unknown device, choise device have ID is : USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0EFF&REV_0000&MI_01, update your driver with HtcUsbMdm and you got HTC USB Modem.
    7. Make a dial up call from your computer and set it work like other WP7 tethering from samsung or LG.
    8. Click "Zune Mode" to come back with Zune Sync.

For dial up make a call *99# with mi_01 id modem. Mi_00 is diag port, maybe have some qualcomm unlock here. Don't forget add +CGDCONT=1,"IP","your apn" in your advance property of modem.
    For modem disconnect error let turn of your data connection in your phone, crazy but it work. Not sure it charge or not from your provider.
    Wifi have native code too, but need more time to to.
    Will update version soon!

Important note: Don't unistall dfrouter before you back to Zun Mode.

I did test it work on my HTC HD2 WP7 and HTC Mozart and my Windows 7 x64, WinXP x32.

Thanks
    Windows 7 x64 installation step

You need to install DFRouter on your Windows Phone 7

Note: Please uninstall All HTC Driver first

Please download x64 HTC Driver at http://hosting.devteam.hk/file/download.php?id=E64498AA1 first.

1. unzip HTC BMP USB Driver x64.rar to any folder.

2. Start DFRouter on your Windows Phone 7 and click HTC Modem (it will show 2 unknown device)

3. Open Device Manager

4. Find USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0EFF&REV_0000&MI_01 and force update driver with HtcUsbMdmV64 (inside unzipped folder)

5. Find USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0EFF&REV_0000&MI_00 and force update driver with HtcVComV64 (inside unzipped folder)

6. You will get two new device HTC USB Modem and HTC Diagnostic Interface (COM8)

7. Open HTC USB Modem and select Advance Label

8. Add below command
    +cgdcont=1,"ip","APN"
    (APN need to change it yourself, like me is mobile.three.com.hk, you can find it at your services provide.)

9. Make a new connection with HTC USB Modem, diag number is *99#

10. All done, just connect without user name and password, enjoy.
    For who got hard reset or uninstall DFRouter or HTCTestTool.xap before come back to USB Zune mode, usb of your phone now stuck in Qualcom mode, try this to set it back to Zune Mode:
    - Turn of your phone.
    - Turn on with volume down press, you will go to SPL Screen with , do plug your USB and unplug, remove battery and do hard reset by press volume up and down when turn on power.
    -If it not work, come to SPL screen then try to reflash your phone with ship rom.
    Anyone got the 32bit version of the drivers?
    Here ya go.

Hopefully someone can figure out this error 692 crap, cuz I'm stumped. Tried the APN address, the APN names, with data on/off, with APN in the cellular settings and without, IPV6 off etc. and nothing. Perhaps it's a T-Mobile US problem? Because I've tried the APN names "T-Mobile" and "T-Mobile US" and still get the 692 error...
    When you boot the phone while holding down on the Camera button you get to a screen (image should be attached) that tells you to connect to the PC. Once doing this it starts up Zune and you receive the error C101002E. The device now also shows up in the device manager while in this mode but still doesnt allow syncing as according to Zune it is corrupt and cannot be repaired.

Is there any way this special type of boot mode, I have no idea what it is, can be used to return the phone to Zune-mode?

Just throwing my ideas out there :D