Unable to Haz Root (log attached)

Search This thread

fiscidtox

Dec 2, 2010
Hate to say it, but it sounds like a isolated issue. Thousands of people used the flash tool and superoneclick successfully. Are you sure you selected the next tab, "root permissions" after root? You need to do that to install SuperUser and Busybox.

Yeah it has to be either his computer or something he's doing wrong... works for literally everyone else who has tried

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
somethings totally borked.. im guessing adb/ driver issues, ive tried 2 different drivers, made sure adb is set up in env var. and included 64 bit java path, restarted phone and pc many times,

now all i get is adb cannot connect to daemon and protocol status errors.

i have SEUS and PC Companion 2.0 installed.

even when i had adb working, didnt seem to connect well in the root programs, but that doesnt explain why .apks like x10root dont work it says exploid launched and toggles wi fi off and on, but still nothing after reboot.

can anyone walk me back to 1.6, and maybe start from the beginning, I dont thin we can enable non-market apps on 1.6, but im hoping some root method would work and maybe i could keep root and update to 2.1??

i'll be searching around in the meantime.

thanks guys.:eek:

edit: why do i feel that Sony has some security in the drivers preventing connection?

Last edited:

agentJBM

Nov 30, 2010
Orlando
XP, maybe... Win7, should have no problems with usb drivers.

If it says root successful, what makes you think it wasn't? Does superuser appear in app tray?

Also, unknown sources needs to be ON, as well as usb debugging in settings / applications.

Reactions: chrisrotolo

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
ive tried win 7 and xp, even running flashtool in compatibility mode, after root finishes wit flash tool I do not see superuser app, i can install it with astro, but more is needed than just the app.

i see the script to install superuser in flashtool, but i dont see the .apk in there anywhere, im using 0.2.8, yes ive tried 0.2.9.1 beta

yes usb debug and unknown sources are checked.

my SDK is on C:\

and i put any flash/root programs on root of pc in c:\ and run them as admin

ive also tried running them from desktop.

and as of now, still no adb? just cant connect and protocol status error.

just to make sure, let me check my wifes cappy in adb.

update: wifes rooted cappy works a charm, adb devices, show up right away, adb shell and su work instantly and ls shows file system, so Im 99% sure its not adb set up on my comp., aren't there adb files on the phone?, maybe these are corrupt?? somehow? idk?, or my drivers are not configured properly..

in device manager, it says sony ericsson sa101> under that it says..> sony ericsson sa101 ADB inerface driver, ive tried the lastest ones , from march and april 2011

Last edited:

agentJBM

Nov 30, 2010
Orlando
If says root successful try installing superuser yourself.

Also, I would use flash tool 0.2.9.1 beta. Completely uninstall flash tool, SEUS, and PC Companion. Reinstall SEUS, run repair software. That will reinstall usb drivers. Then install flash tool 0.2.9.1 and root.

ADB is not required for flash tool. I would not have them in the same path.

Last edited:

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
tried running in safe mode with networking, nothing.

trying uninstalling everything and rebooting and using 0.2.9.1 beta flashtool right now, thanks!

update:

uninstalled evevrything, SE USB drivers, SEUS, PC Companion, and flash tool.

restarted pc and phone installed SEUS, repaired/re-installed software, fresh 2.1, ran falsh tool 0.2.9.1. , same old error: unable to identify device??????????, selected x10, ran ROOT, and finishes saying root should be available after reboot. after reboot, i have no superuser.apk or busybox.apk on app drawer, try running ask root perms from flashtool and says click allow, but of course i dont ge any allow message, because Im not rooted..

good night.

have to try again later, thanks everyone.

Last edited:

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
widh me luck, i think I may have a solution, I need the latest SDK, in the process its downloading every platform and API version ever, I think this may actually be the answer. Will post back soon.

all the lastest sdk doesnt work either, yes I updated my adb path, too.

oh well will try on my xp computer at work.

peace guys!

Last edited:

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
latest sdk r10 with platform-tools r3, x10 drivers from SE support site, still getting adb cant connect to daemon errors.

That aside, x10root.apk doesnt work, and neither does SOC or Flashtool.

Someone please tell me should I flashtool generic 1.6, and hope to root on 1.6?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Lion3494

Feb 16, 2011
My gosh. Bro when u root you have to reboot the phone then install busy box. If you don't have superuser after you root then install it from the market. But you have to reboot

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
yeah , thanks buddy Im well aware of that as I said previously superuser doesnt seem to get installed during root, and I have rebooted, many times. I am still trying, I cant even find 1.6 .ftf, to revert back. If i try to download flashtool from phone, it says this type of file is not supported( maybe certificate issues ).

OK, how about some one with a rooted 2.1 pull system.img, boot.img, and anything else I might need and bundle a rooted 2.1 *.ftf fo me, can this be done??

about the only thing I have done successfully is go to generic 2.1

@Lion3494, I have rooted many devices, I'm not a beginner, just new to X10. I have tried installing Busybox after reboot and guess what it tells me? not rooted.

Im not mad, a little upset, but mostly confused... and determined!

realunited123

Jun 23, 2010
Bhubaneswar
Use SEUS and go through the process. Also install PC companion. This should fix the driver issue. Then uninstall the su app or factory rest the phone. Then try rooting through the flash tool . Make sure C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin is added to the path in environmental variables.

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
We Haz Root!

:p:);):D:cool::DWoo Hoo! I love you XDA! WE HAZ ROOT!!

used 504 x10a generic, not sure if that did it or...
using flashtool 0.2.8, first flash says incorrect drivers... was told to install the ones using Gordons gate, bundled with flash tool, once i ran that .exe, finally it seemed to like those drivers, and finally automagically recognized my x10 in flashtool.
knew I would be golden from there. rooted with flashtool.

So thanks you to everyone! I got busybox and superuser, ran optimize, installing xrecovery now and on to the ROMS!

sweet!

Thanks again and sorry for the big hassle, just following the AT&T post which said to use 435 or whatever.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    use the latest version of superoneclick and make sure you have USB debugging enabled :)

if you have rooted with flash tool you do not need to do anything else it will be rooted you dont need x10root or other one click apk apps as flash tool rooted your phone :)

test it with a tool that requires root such as adfree or terminal emulator :)
    Best way to root, install Xrecovery and JIT enable your phone is via Flash Tool. I'm on AT&T too, and found it rather simple.

Follow the guide found here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1012380

Make sure you have installed java on your computer.
    Also, do not mount your SD card. While your phone is on, connect your phone via usb and hit root once your phone is recognized.

I'm not sure if this is necessary for rooting but for flashing purposes you need to connect your phone via pc companion or SEUS. Check to see if you have the latest firmware and set your phone up to flash new firmware. The computer will install flash drivers onto your computer. You don't have to install the latest AT&T firmware if there is one. You just want to have those flash drivers on your PC.

Hope this helps!
    Just use flash tool and press root if you just want to root. You don't have to sideload any apps which is blocked by AT&T anyways.

Update to 2.1 in order to install xrecovery. Once done updating, root it afterwards by pressing the root button on flash tool. No need to go back to 1.6 just to root. Just follow the guide and then you can install any rom you want. The Agent got your back.
    Ok, so I re-read your thread. Let me summarize what I know.
    1. Flash tool says you have root after your phone rebooted
    2. You can not install busybox via flash tool

It might be that your phone is already rooted. If you tried to install busybox or xrecovery through flash tool and have seen that the advanced options are greyed out, it is because you need to press "ask root permissions" and then accept on your phone.

Also check to see if superuser is working correctly, Install Titanium backup to check. Install it from the marketplace open it up. A box should pop up saying "Allow Root Access"?
    If so, then you have done it correctly.

I'm not keen with all the coding so I don't know how to read those logs you have noted.

Try pressing root again on flash tool and let it reboot, let me know what you see afterwards.
    I had those same issues with my 64bit windows 7 too. I think it has to do with Java and how adb tools works better with 32 bit. Troubleshooting your computer and phone might be the way to go.

Make sure on your phone you have usb debugging clicked via Settings>applications>Development. Also, just for the hell of it, click unknown sources.

Make sure on your computer, UAC/User Access Controls is turned off. If you recently installed java, reboot your computer.

After reboot, restart cmd and get into your adb folder. Type adb devices. Should show if you have your phone connected/computer recognizes your phone.