Help!!-ICS Upgrade not shwn in updates

Search This thread

casseer15

Aug 20, 2012
Panadura
i bought an htc incredible 2
it has gingerbread installed.
i tried to update it. but update says network error.
all other apps including browser uses network fine.
please help. i need to update to ICS.
Note-It is an unlocked Verizon mobile. not factory unlocked and I'm not in USA.

cstone1991

Jul 30, 2010
Google Pixel 3
Really? At the risk of sounding like a jerk.... How did you even find your way into the Q&A section without seeing tons of posts about "When will we get the ICS update?"

Just to let you know, once the OTA ICS update is released you will not be able to download it since you are not on the Verizon network. What you will need to do is S-OFF (or at least HTC Dev Unlock) your phone so that you can flash a custom rom. The best part about this is that you don't even have to wait for a custom rom to be released thanks to our awesome devs! You have tons of options for ICS, if you want stock Nitsuj17 just posted a leaked version of the update earlier today and he also has another sense ICS rom out, CondemnedSoul soul has a few nice options (AOKP and CM9 or if you want JellyBean he has the new version of AOKP as well,) Aerovan has an awesome CM9 and a CM10 rom, TazzPatriot has a sense ICS rom out too. There are others as well, those are just the ones that spring to mind.

Reactions: casseer15

casseer15

Aug 20, 2012
Panadura
Thanks

Really? At the risk of sounding like a jerk.... How did you even find your way into the Q&A section without seeing tons of posts about "When will we get the ICS update?"

Just to let you know, once the OTA ICS update is released you will not be able to download it since you are not on the Verizon network. What you will need to do is S-OFF (or at least HTC Dev Unlock) your phone so that you can flash a custom rom. The best part about this is that you don't even have to wait for a custom rom to be released thanks to our awesome devs! You have tons of options for ICS, if you want stock Nitsuj17 just posted a leaked version of the update earlier today and he also has another sense ICS rom out, CondemnedSoul soul has a few nice options (AOKP and CM9 or if you want JellyBean he has the new version of AOKP as well,) Aerovan has an awesome CM9 and a CM10 rom, TazzPatriot has a sense ICS rom out too. There are others as well, those are just the ones that spring to mind.

Thanks. This is my first android phone so i'm a newbie. i used Nokia before.
All of the people here you are the only one that helped. thank you for that.+1.
can you please te me where to get the stock ics rom.
thanks in advance.

Jizzylax

Oct 19, 2010
thanks in advance.

There is no real "stock" ICS ROM yet as it hasn't been released. The closest ROMs to stock ICS at the moment are:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1846304

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1745483

The first link is the closest as it is from a test leak.

kubes069

Sep 4, 2011
New Jersey

Just stay stock. If you are that much of a rookie to this, it just might make things worse at this point in time. Most don't have GSM working 100% from what I understand (GSM users can correct me on that).

But, if you haven't even rooted yet, you are still a bit away from being able to flash one of those bad boys. I say give it another week at least to see what these devs can do with the leaked rom.

It will probably be easier for you. If not, and you think you are ready to take the plunge, than good luck and enjoy!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lmfao

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda app-developers app

thanks in advance.

There is no real "stock" ICS ROM yet as it hasn't been released. The closest ROMs to stock ICS at the moment are:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1846304

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1745483

The first link is the closest as it is from a test leak.

Just stay stock. If you are that much of a rookie to this, it just might make things worse at this point in time. Most don't have GSM working 100% from what I understand (GSM users can correct me on that).

But, if you haven't even rooted yet, you are still a bit away from being able to flash one of those bad boys. I say give it another week at least to see what these devs can do with the leaked rom.

It will probably be easier for you. If not, and you think you are ready to take the plunge, than good luck and enjoy!