The OnePlus 6 is officially on sale! Buy now →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

[OFFICIAL] SGH-T999 Galaxy S III Chat Thread!

5,057 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,355

By saranhai, Inactive Recognized Developer on 19th November 2012, 11:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th March 2013, 11:51 PM |#851  
Thanks Meter: 2,488

More
Re: [OFFICIAL] SGH-T999 Galaxy S III Chat Thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g

S3 is alright just hate plastic pretty much, and the "pebble" look and the color of the bluish/purplish physical button. Man I really shouldn't have bought this phone lol.

Lol I have the pebble blue/blurple one myself and my gal has the white one and I'm just waiting till I've had it almost a year and I'm gonna warranty exchange for the white one... Its sexier IMO. My keyboard is burnt into my screen and my volume down rocker sticks so it should be able to be exchanged

And I hear ya... Its nice having aosp... Just wish cm would keep up with root box. I just ran the m2 snapshot the other day and it was so far behind bajees root box build... Just nowhere near as many features and options. Now I see there is a super nexus ROM coming out that has even less features I ran the test build and it had 0 customization options.. Not even themes

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

27th March 2013, 12:11 AM |#852  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 3,138

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyS3Guy

Lol I have the pebble blue/blurple one myself and my gal has the white one and I'm just waiting till I've had it almost a year and I'm gonna warranty exchange for the white one... Its sexier IMO. My keyboard is burnt into my screen and my volume down rocker sticks so it should be able to be exchanged

And I hear ya... Its nice having aosp... Just wish cm would keep up with root box. I just ran the m2 snapshot the other day and it was so far behind bajees root box build... Just nowhere near as many features and options. Now I see there is a super nexus ROM coming out that has even less features I ran the test build and it had 0 customization options.. Not even themes

Ya I saw that too, I kinda like the idea of it not having any mods to it cause well it'll be a straight forward aosp ROM with no issues probably pie controls bring user error, themes bring user error, modded status bar options can bring user error. We already have too many kanged ROMs with different names i like the idea of a "nexus" ROM

T-Mobile SGS III
27th March 2013, 12:14 AM |#853  
Thanks Meter: 2,488

More
Quote:

Ya I saw that too, I kinda like the idea of it not having any mods to it cause well it'll be a straight forward aosp ROM with no issues probably pie controls bring user error, themes bring user error, modded status bar options can bring user error. We already have too many kanged ROMs with different names i like the idea of a "nexus" ROM

T-Mobile SGS III

Yeah I do too... And the only mod that is a must have is custom notification background image and notification toggles that I can pick and adjust. Maybe I'll figure out how to pull it from root box and add it to the nexus ROM. I'm curious at how well the battery will be considering there are no mods to break it. I also hate the persistent search bar but I bet a CSC edit can get rid of that

27th March 2013, 12:27 AM |#854  
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyS3Guy

Yeah I do too... And the only mod that is a must have is custom notification background image and notification toggles that I can pick and adjust. Maybe I'll figure out how to pull it from root box and add it to the nexus ROM. I'm curious at how well the battery will be considering there are no mods to break it. I also hate the persistent search bar but I bet a CSC edit can get rid of that

Word.

T-Mobile SGS III
The Following User Says Thank You to mt3g For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mt3g Ad-Free
27th March 2013, 03:08 AM |#855  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 3,355

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

FUUGGGGGGGGGG
https://explore.t-mobile.com/iphone-...262013&tcid=40

lol about time T-Mobile got the iFreak.
27th March 2013, 06:29 AM |#856  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 716

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass_Man25

Meh. Not worried. It was going to happen some time.

SGS3 still kicks iPhone's a$$.

Haha

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
30th March 2013, 03:20 AM |#857  
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
some new AOSP love in my sig guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to mt3g For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mt3g Ad-Free
31st March 2013, 01:13 AM |#858  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 1,486

Donate to Me
More
Cwm 6.0.3.0 for all s3's are on ROM manager

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
31st March 2013, 03:25 AM |#859  
Thanks Meter: 5,744

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy46

i think the s3 is sleek and sexy.... the iphone 5 is too simple and small for me. the only thing i like about the iphones is the way the construction of the phone feels in my hand. like the cold metal feeling.

Yea sometimes the S3 feels to plastic

But sometimes its a nice feel tbh

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
31st March 2013, 03:29 AM |#860  
Flag Chambersburg, Pa
Thanks Meter: 2,007

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipzeRemix

Yea sometimes the S3 feels to plastic

But sometimes its a nice feel tbh

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

the plasticy feeling sometimes crosses my mind, but it feels nice and i know it wont take as much damage as other, differently built phones.

btw, are there any good init.d scripts and kernels for tw 4.1.1? ones that you would recommend...
31st March 2013, 05:39 AM |#861  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag The Wild
Thanks Meter: 1,980

More
I personally like the plastic. Yeah the iphone feels nice in the hand, but would it still if it were 5 inches? Or would it feel too bulky?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)