Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

[Q] dunno from where to start

45 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By bebo_beta2002, Member on 15th February 2014, 09:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hello guys...i just got new HTC One Gold Edition..i got it 3 days ago
i dunno from where to start...some games aren't compaitable with my device when searching for it on playstore
games such as world war z and Horn...so i wanna knw is it my device that is poor or is it problem in kernel or rom? i mean if i flashed a rom or a kernel will my phone be compaitable with these games? if so what is the best rom and kernel and how to use them cause it's my first time in flashing and so on and am afraid to flash my new phone
if there's another way to make these games work without flashing and so on then what is it?
also another question: do i have to flash a rom or kernel? i mean what will differ from normal rom or kernel

i hope for answers and sry for lots of questions am just confused and afraid to damage my phone

15th February 2014, 12:51 PM |#2  
OP Member

More
guys plz anyone help me
15th February 2014, 03:06 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,086

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebo_beta2002

hello guys...i just got new HTC One Gold Edition..i got it 3 days ago
i dunno from where to start...some games aren't compaitable with my device when searching for it on playstore
games such as world war z and Horn...so i wanna knw is it my device that is poor or is it problem in kernel or rom? i mean if i flashed a rom or a kernel will my phone be compaitable with these games? if so what is the best rom and kernel and how to use them cause it's my first time in flashing and so on and am afraid to flash my new phone
if there's another way to make these games work without flashing and so on then what is it?
also another question: do i have to flash a rom or kernel? i mean what will differ from normal rom or kernel

i hope for answers and sry for lots of questions am just confused and afraid to damage my phone

check THIS & THAT

flashing custom ROM(or kernel) won't help
don't do anything if you don't know what you are doing
15th February 2014, 03:10 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,554

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

some games aren't compaitable with my device when searching for it on playstore
games such as world war z and Horn...

You can click the + sign next to the incompatibility message to see why its incompatible with your device. Both apps you are referring to can be installed on my device so probably its related to your android version or it might be a country or carrier restriction.

Quote:

so i wanna knw is it my device that is poor or is it problem in kernel or rom? i mean if i flashed a rom or a kernel will my phone be compaitable with these games?

I don't think flashing another rom will make those app compatible unless the incompatibility is caused by your android version. You should try to spoof your device id and device country first to see if you can install the app with a fake id.

Quote:

if so what is the best rom and kernel

No best rom/kernel discussion allowed in this forum. You have to try them and choose which one works best for you.

Quote:

and how to use them

Refer to kernel thread OP for instructions on how to flash and use the kernel

Quote:

it's my first time in flashing and so on and am afraid to flash my new phone

So don't flash anything and make some reading first. Make sure you understand what you are doing when you flash stuff. If you are afraid to flash your phone, then you are not ready to do it.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza

don't do anything if you don't know what you are doing

+1
15th February 2014, 05:43 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
i can't find the plus sign next to the incompatability there's just an x mark which tell me it isn't compaitable with both my phones

also how can i spoof my country id or phone id can u provide me with steps
my carrier is vodafone ... country is egypt...BTW my android version is 4.3
16th February 2014, 02:10 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:

i can't find the plus sign next to the incompatability there's just an x mark which tell me it isn't compaitable with both my phones

also how can i spoof my country id or phone id can u provide me with steps
my carrier is vodafone ... country is egypt...BTW my android version is 4.3

EDIT: ok nw i have unlocked bootloader with rooted device ..i followed steps and everything is ok nw

but am just thinking about flashing the HD revolution rom...but i already have 5.5 with 4.3 android version that came already with the device so do i have to flash the rom? meaning will it differ in speed , battery life, cpu and gpu improvments or just stick with normal stock that i have?
16th February 2014, 03:31 AM |#7  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 425

More
Quote:

EDIT: ok nw i have unlocked bootloader with rooted device ..i followed steps and everything is ok nw

but am just thinking about flashing the HD revolution rom...but i already have 5.5 with 4.3 android version that came already with the device so do i have to flash the rom? meaning will it differ in speed , battery life, cpu and gpu improvments or just stick with normal stock that i have?

try it for yourself and see.
take nandroid backup before you start - if you don't like HR rom, restore backup. Nothing to lose.
16th February 2014, 05:37 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1960

try it for yourself and see.
take nandroid backup before you start - if you don't like HR rom, restore backup. Nothing to lose.

thanks i already did it and it's awesome Rom

and managed to install world war z and horn but both crash at startup screen ..does anyone have them on his mobile working? or all htc one aren't compatible?
16th February 2014, 05:45 AM |#9  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 425

More
Quote:

thanks i already did it and it's awesome Rom

and managed to install world war z and horn but both crash at startup screen ..does anyone have them on his mobile working? or all htc one aren't compatible?

enjoy.

don't know about horn, but lots of bad feedback in play store about world war z not starting/crashing, so I don't think it has anything to do with your device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)