FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

make writing smooth in Lecture Notes

184 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By arty93, Senior Member on 19th January 2014, 07:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anyway to change some settings so that the writing is very smooth and not jagged?, I tried Note Anytime which makes your writing look really nice, almost like you are writing on paper!
 
 
19th January 2014, 09:57 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arty93

Anyway to change some settings so that the writing is very smooth and not jagged?, I tried Note Anytime which makes your writing look really nice, almost like you are writing on paper!

Yes absolutely!

When lecturenotes is open, tap your menu button and go to settings. Within settings, first go to input and check "use stylus" then scroll all the way to the bottom and click "filter input setup." Uncheck everything, then check apply Savitzky-Golay filter and set the order to 5. This is my personal favorite, but you might wanna play around with it. Make sure "discard coordinates between Android events" is UNCHECKED.

Now go to Handling and scroll halfway down and make sure "use fast temporary rendering" and "use fast page rendering" is checked.

Also make sure force gpu rendering is not on in your developer settings.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Romokos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Romokos Ad-Free
19th January 2014, 10:03 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romokos

Yes absolutely!

When lecturenotes is open, tap your menu button and go to settings. Within settings, first go to input and check "use stylus" then scroll all the way to the bottom and click "filter input setup." Uncheck everything, then check apply Savitzky-Golay filter and set the order to 5. This is my personal favorite, but you might wanna play around with it. Make sure "discard coordinates between Android events" is UNCHECKED.

Now go to Handling and scroll halfway down and make sure "use fast temporary rendering" and "use fast page rendering" is checked.

Also make sure force gpu rendering is not on in your developer settings.

Thank you for the reply! I setup everything the way you said to except I was not able to find the 2 options for rendering in handling... Is it under another tab or sub tab.?

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th January 2014, 10:12 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arty93

Thank you for the reply! I setup everything the way you said to except I was not able to find the 2 options for rendering in handling... Is it under another tab or sub tab.?

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

My apologies! They're in Display, not Handling. About half way down the page

In the android settings, turning off force gpu rendering also makes a huge difference in lecturenotes.
19th January 2014, 10:13 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Thank you! I will try it out in class tomorrow

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st January 2014, 02:27 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
I have tried lecture notes several times. But due to the lag I can never stick with it. I end up using Snotes for tracking my clients workouts (Bought my note for my personal training business) and then Papyrus for long notes. It doesn't have as many options as lecturenotes but It is even smoother than Snote

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st January 2014, 03:34 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duly.noted

I have tried lecture notes several times. But due to the lag I can never stick with it. I end up using Snotes for tracking my clients workouts (Bought my note for my personal training business) and then Papyrus for long notes. It doesn't have as many options as lecturenotes but It is even smoother than Snote

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You might want to try note anytime, it is also very smooth and has a better interface then papyrus in my opinion

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st January 2014, 12:10 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 750
 
Donate to Me
More
@Duly.noted: Have you enabled `enforce GPU/hardware rendering´ in your device's developer settings? Enabling this option slows down LectureNotes as lot.
22nd January 2014, 02:21 AM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duly.noted

I have tried lecture notes several times. But due to the lag I can never stick with it. I end up using Snotes for tracking my clients workouts (Bought my note for my personal training business) and then Papyrus for long notes. It doesn't have as many options as lecturenotes but It is even smoother than Snote

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

There is absolutely NO lag in LectureNotes once you get it tweaked just right.
22nd January 2014, 05:20 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
I've been playing with it again and its better Now. Im exporting docs made in Lecture Notes width 1600 by height 2560 Ruled 70% and exporting it keeping lines and in A4 all margins at Zero I want to have a way to import them again into a new notebook that Ruled and matches the pdf size and lines perfectly. That way if I erase a part of it there isnt a blank spot with no lines any ideas for this ?

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd January 2014, 11:08 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 750
 
Donate to Me
More
@Duly.noted: I am not exactly sure whether I understand what you wish to achieve.

If it is about to copy one or more pages from one notebook to another: Open the source notebook in notebook overview (either directly from the notebooks board by long-clicking on the notebook and selecting `Notebook overview´ in the popup menu, or by opening the notebook normally and selecting `Notebook overview´ in the main menu), click on the tag to activate tag mode and on the pages to be copied to tag them, and select `Copy tagged pages to clipboard´ in the main menu. Close the source notebook and open the target notebook in notebook overview and select `Paste pages from clipboard´ in the main menu. To rearrange pages, click-and-drag them to the desired location.

In case the two notebooks have different (or opposite) aspect ratio, note the first two options `keep aspect ratio´ and `auto-rotate´ in the app's import settings.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes