Thinking about switching to the G2 from the Note 3

Search This thread

tonyec7

Jun 12, 2012
El Paso
Is there a WiFi tether hack that enables you to use unlimited WiFi tether?

How easy is it to root?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

AspenSTi

Dec 18, 2011
Washington
I am really wanting to get rid of my VZW gs4 (since I'm on tmo now anyway) and get a g2 also. I will be following responses to this thread!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

balthuszar

Aug 16, 2010
West Melbourne Florida
Is there a WiFi tether hack that enables you to use unlimited WiFi tether?

How easy is it to root?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

i'm not sure about the g2, but i had a razr hd(verizon) that if you went in and changed the code for the wifi hack, you were able to use tethering without having to have it on your data plan...i applied it to my current phone(xperia z) but haven't used the tether option enough to know if the hack worked.

AspenSTi

Dec 18, 2011
Washington
With the extremely quiet threads here in g2 land I have to say I'm starting to wonder if it is going to be the next phone for me...

I want to get a phone on tmo but wondering if I should get the n5 instead. Coming from the gs4 I might miss the ir blaster from time to time, but that may be about it.

Last edited:

buenarc

Mar 24, 2014
With the extremely quiet threads here in g2 land I have to say I'm starting to wonder if it is going to be the next phone for me...

I want to get a phone on tmo but wondering if I should get the n5 instead. Coming from the gs4 I might miss the ir blaster from time to time, but that may be about it.

I also got a G2 and it is a superior phone over Note 3. But Note 3 is a decent phone too..

Reactions: TheBestEver

AspenSTi

Dec 18, 2011
Washington
I have to say I was on the verge of returning this phone in about 7 days, but since the successful root process last night it's safe to say I'll be keeping it for some time. It was super easy to downgrade and root, now having access to add the audio mods and edit system stuff it has gotten soo much better! Can't wait to try a couple ROMs out now.

Now for my question, what's the deal with the white line issue? Is it autorec related or specific rom related? I wanna try an aosp rom out but not sure about the white line thing.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

WeThePeople13

Jan 5, 2012
I had a S4 and sold it within two days. I then had a Note 2 that I traded with someone on Craigslist. There are certain things that I miss from my Note but for the most part this phone has to be one of the best phones that I have had yet. The camera alone is worth going to the G2.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I also got a G2 and it is a superior phone over Note 3. But Note 3 is a decent phone too..