[jellybean] unofficial cm10 by jokersax 8/29/2012

Search This thread

jokersax11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
This Kanged CM10 Alpha build is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (jellybean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
 **[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Disclaimer[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]** * these are alphas so understand that means things are broken * * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team * * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * Change Logs Disabled during alpha, please read thread.

[B][U][SIZE="3"]Stages[/SIZE][/U][/B]

* [B]Alpha[/B]- means something major is broken. Goal is to get major stuff working

* [B]Beta[/B]- means little things are still broke but most big stuff is fixed. Goal to clean up code and fix little issues so we can submit to cm to become official

* [B]Stable[/B]- official cm rom.

* [B]After stable[/B]- tweaking, Also adding features.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10 to the Motorola Photon 4G?, or coming from another ROM?

1. Root the Photon.
  2. Unlock the Bootloader.
  3. Flash the recovery on my site in cwm
  4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  5. Flash This ROM.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod.
  3. Flash gapps.

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

ROM: Link
Latest version: check site
Gapps: Link

Other

New touch based installer at jokersax.com no more confusing wipes or methods of flashing.

Credits:
epinter cybik xboxfanj turl shabbypenguin ebbinger_413 sky24987 DethMetalz69 cougarcougar Focus.lau mrinehart93 Cyanogenmod Team koush/romracer/calkulin - 5027pre3 Recovery shabbypenguin - AIO Root the2dcour - Unlocked bootloader ranmasaotome510 - updated OP

The Photon dev team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

photon4glover

Mar 11, 2012
Columbus, Oh
Alright sweet! Man I love you joker! Thank you so much. On vaccation and enjoying roaming data speeds so this will take a while to download :(

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ourtut

Apr 5, 2011
UPDATE 4:46pm 7/21/2012:
Setup:
Motorola Photon
On Verizon network
With TWRP touchscreen recovery
Running AOKP Milestone 6
32gig sd card

Flashed the 1st alpha from aokp milestone 6 without wiping anything on twrp touch screen recovery. It booted up without fc's or issues, from the first 10 minutes of using it I can tell that the camera is not working (on preview it just shows a white screen). When plugged into my laptop it only recognizes MOT (internal sd card) and not the external sd card. Tried face unlock and it just fc's (I should of know that because the camera does not work, DUH :cyclops: ) I have not messed with anything too extensively but mostly everything works! :victory:

Quick issues (there may be other issues but these are the main ones):
*Camera and video camera are NOT working
*External sd card is NOT working

screenshot album - http://img692.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=screenshot2012072116284.png

1st POST: Downloading right now then flashing. Will let you know of any issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-28-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-28-47.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 5,401
  • Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-31-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-31-26.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 5,187
  • Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-34-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-34-30.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 4,819
  • Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-36-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-36-24.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 4,770
  • Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-29-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-29-41.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 4,591
  • Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-31-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-31-13.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 4,715
  • Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-34-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-34-38.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 4,600
  • Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-36-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-36-11.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 4,559
  • Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-36-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-36-30.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 4,509
  • Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-36-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-36-56.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 4,644
  • Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-37-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-37-22.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 4,489
  • Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-37-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-37-51.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 4,518
  • Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-38-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-38-24.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 4,395
  • Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-38-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-38-44.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 4,273
  • Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-38-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-21-16-38-56.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 4,301
Last edited:
Reactions: mk3

yairku

Jun 4, 2011
Dear Jokersax, do you leave cm9 and stop developing it? I just curious, but I don't care now that you develop an even better ROM.
And what about the old issue of laggy camera? Do you know when you or someone from your team will have the needed drivers? Motorola will release the ICS OTA update only in Q4 this year, so I thought that we will have to wait till then to get the fix.

The download speed is slow, and I can't wait for it to finish. It's odd, I used to download files from your website at 800KB/s, and now the average speed is 1300KB/s. It might be my terrible ISP.
Thank you very much for your work, and thanks to your team!

jokersax11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
Dear Jokersax, do you leave cm9 and stop developing it? I just curious, but I don't care now that you develop an even better ROM.
And what about the old issue of laggy camera? Do you know when you or someone from your team will have the needed drivers? Motorola will release the ICS OTA update only in Q4 this year, so I thought that we will have to wait till then to get the fix.

The download speed is slow, and I can't wait for it to finish. It's odd, I used to download files from your website at 800KB/s, and now the average speed is 1300KB/s. It might be my terrible ISP.
Thank you very much for your work, and thanks to your team!

actually cm9 is being updated as well today

amarquart

Dec 15, 2010
Omaha, NE
Maybe this is nit picking, but the start up animation still says Cyanogen Mod 9. It has to be Cyanogen Mod 10 cuz it definitely looks different.... just sayin. I also got a Google One time has stopped error. I have rebooted twice and haven't received it again. It must be a setup app for new phones? Tried the Google Now. Kinda cool...

Seems to be running hot. I don't know if I have that sleep of death thing people have started talking about but, just curious if anyone else has noticed it, or I'd bring it up...

Joker. As usual. Thank you. You're the reason I haven't traded in my phone... it's been in a gutter and still works better than others!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kanged CM10 Alpha build is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (jellybean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
     **[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Disclaimer[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]** * these are alphas so understand that means things are broken * * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team * * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * Change Logs Disabled during alpha, please read thread.

[B][U][SIZE="3"]Stages[/SIZE][/U][/B]

* [B]Alpha[/B]- means something major is broken. Goal is to get major stuff working

* [B]Beta[/B]- means little things are still broke but most big stuff is fixed. Goal to clean up code and fix little issues so we can submit to cm to become official

* [B]Stable[/B]- official cm rom.

* [B]After stable[/B]- tweaking, Also adding features.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10 to the Motorola Photon 4G?, or coming from another ROM?

1. Root the Photon.
    2. Unlock the Bootloader.
    3. Flash the recovery on my site in cwm
    4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    5. Flash This ROM.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod.
    3. Flash gapps.

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

ROM: Link
    Gapps: Link

Other

New touch based installer at jokersax.com no more confusing wipes or methods of flashing.

Credits:
    epinter cybik xboxfanj turl shabbypenguin ebbinger_413 sky24987 DethMetalz69 cougarcougar Focus.lau mrinehart93 Cyanogenmod Team koush/romracer/calkulin - 5027pre3 Recovery shabbypenguin - AIO Root the2dcour - Unlocked bootloader ranmasaotome510 - updated OP

The Photon dev team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Yes I plan to come back as soon as I am able to dev again.

Sent from my MB855 using xda app-developers app
    I'm still here, been super busy. I should have an update today or tomorrow.

Sent from my MB855 using xda app-developers app
    Looks like this is gonna be one of those sketchy things.

Hey...have some faith...and give joker some credit. Photon has one of the smallest dev communities (currently 2 ICS devs), and by tomorrow sometime, he and I will have released 3 quite functional jb ROMs (cm10, aokp-which I am writing this from, and paranoid android) when most phones don't have ONE BOOTING version. I know...some have 3 already...but those are devices that have been slated for jb from the start.

My buddy Joker here kicks serious ass. As does eprinter and turl with all the help they've given with this.

Also consider that this has been out for what? 2 weeks? I'd say we're well ahead of the curve! :)

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
    Hey....95% of credit is still due to Joker. This is largely his work. I had to fix a few things here and there, but it IS his repo he maintains, so be sure to still give him credit. I'm helping him out some with this,

By the way....the newest build is HERE

Initial Impressions....Phone, SMS, MMS, Data, Camera, APNs, Wifi, BT, Torch, all work...and the nicest thing...Transitional Stuttering seems to be a thing of the past.

I RECOMMEND A FULLY WIPE....This is due to the framework and lib changes being VERY large (due to length of time since last update). If you choose NOT to...that's your choice...

BUILD IS UP NOW