Case Mate Barely There or Incipio Feather light?

Search This thread

sropedia

Jul 12, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I've been looking around online for really low profile cases and noticed that the case mate barely there and the Incipio Feather light are almost the same case (both 6oz, minimal protection, etc.) I want to order one but I'm wondering which one (if either) protects the corners of the device. From the pictures it seems that the top and bottom are not covered. I was just wondering from people who have had experience with these cases, which protects the corners better? And do either of them have a lip over the screen? If you have both then comparison pictures would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Socrguru

Feb 4, 2007
Bennington, NE
I'm in the same boat as you - I'd like to see a comparison between these two (or a review of either, really).

Best I can tell from their websites/descriptions, neither really covers the top/bottom or corners. From the images, it looks like the Feather kind of tapers flush with the phone at the edges a little better (a little more sleek). The Barely There has holes for a wrist strap/tether/charm thing, if you're looking for that.

The Feather has a few more colors available (black, pink, blue, and grey), but I was able to find the Barely There in three colors (black, white, and pink).

I don't see a whole lot of difference, although you can get the Feather for a bit cheaper from Incipio's website for the remainder of the month with a coupon code (SUM2012 - gives you 20% off, I believe).

madeagain

Jan 1, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I had been fond of the Incipio Feather cases since my Blackberry days... I had bad luck with case mate barely there cases breaking on me. Then I found the Amzer Shellster case and holster combo and I will never go back. more durable and a better feel.

ervman1

Jul 31, 2007
I just got the Incipio feather case in the mail today...I had the diztronic before that. Probably post a review/some pics tomorrow. I really like the feather, brings out the beautiful design of the evo and looks much better than the diztronic. Can't say about the case mate

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: sropedia

sropedia

Jul 12, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Thanks for the feedback, I think I'm going to go for the case mate for the raised edges around the screen

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

sodoecho

Jul 12, 2009

holangja1

Mar 17, 2010
i was looking for a white case like this and bought this, type "White Rubberized Hard Snap-On Case Cover FOR HTC EVO 4G LTE Sprint Accessory" in ebay (sorry cant post links). The case sticks out more than the phone on the bottom but doesnt protect the front corners. The case does not cover the top nor does it stick out more and does not protect the corners. The case sticks out very slightly along the sides of the phone giving it a reallllly slight lip. Does not provide lip for the camera, so the camera stick outs verry little. Its matte white so its a bit slippery.

mrcrout1

Oct 26, 2013
Can anyone give me some insight on feather/snap on cases. Do they scratch or smudge the chrome/paint on the side or outer edges of the phone from simple every day use. I ordered an incipio feather case for my Samsung galaxy note 3 and I am kinda worried that it will mess up the edges of the phone by having it on.

Top Liked Posts