Post all your ICS LPY experience here

Search This thread

octavian90

Mar 10, 2012
280dpi working fine without fc but dialer and memo are distorted!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

KaliKot

Sep 15, 2010
Its awesome other than the screen issues not really getting fixed though.

Plus it eats up more internal memory which means less space for apps. Also mine didnt come with S Note and grabbed the apk and it installed for a whopping 90mb!

Noted from my Korean Galactic Starship

shirazs

Feb 13, 2011
Couple of issues:
1. Cannot see Exchange subfolders
2. Unable to change the tray icons

Otherwise looks and feels great.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

BruXav

Apr 4, 2012
Stuck on Samsung logo after instal via Odin...Help please

Hello,

I wanted to update my Note to official german ICS (N7000XXLPY) using Odin. After going through th whole process:
extracting, wiping, putting in download mode, chosing N7000XXLPY in PDA and starting, it took some 5 to 8 minutes until odin finished with
"REMOVED!" and the phone restarted with new ICS boot animation.
Now it's stucked on SAMSUNG logo. I've tried to reboot a few times but nothing changes. ANy help would be apreciated.
Thanks,
BruXav

Sorry for posting my q? at the wrong place first...newbie
ps: the rookie I am forgot to enable debug mode before going through this :-(

georgios73

Jan 13, 2012
A little disappointed.
Memory at a constant 700/750 on GB about 500/550
About 8 app crashes so far. Twice with camera stock camera app.
A bit of lag using GoLauncherEx.
5 boot loops on a restart!
WTF i thought it was a stable build.
Before you all say it must be just mine- my wife's n700 is exactly the same (apart from the boot loops)
We both held out on stock GB for 5 months waiting to get this update. I know there is a lot technical advances to this build but in the end it's all just geek hype to be honest.

Reactions: Attackcenter

p107r0

Jan 29, 2010
so far so good,
seemed to loose USB mode, only annoying MTP mode or PTP mode,
luckily found solution - if anyone's interested:
  1. Bring up Settings.
  2. Click More… (under Wireless and network).
  3. Then select USB utilities ~ Set USB cable connection mode.
  4. Select Connect storage to PC then.
  5. Connect USB cable from phone to PC.
  6. Select Turn on USB storage.
  7. That’s all.
(copied from here - works fine)

EdgaBimbam

Nov 26, 2011
Vilnius
www.google.lt
A little disappointed.
Memory at a constant 700/750 on GB about 500/550
About 8 app crashes so far. Twice with camera stock camera app.
A bit of lag using GoLauncherEx.
5 boot loops on a restart!
WTF i thought it was a stable build.
Before you all say it must be just mine- my wife's n700 is exactly the same (apart from the boot loops)
We both held out on stock GB for 5 months waiting to get this update. I know there is a lot technical advances to this build but in the end it's all just geek hype to be honest.

maybe you didnt make full wipe? maybe flashed wrong? because here no even one fc, everything works smooth rams 370~/808

SquirtingCherry

Account currently disabled
Jul 18, 2010
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Seems they broke the crt-off effect, i modded my framework-res.apk but after the crt off effect the screen blinks for a sec, its on sgs2 ics stock roms too. Anyone knows how to fix this issue?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
battery drains fast! but ics a disaster eatin ram!

That's how it works. The apps are loaded into RAM so they launch faster. What's the point in having a gig of RAM if you're not gonna use it? It's the same with Win7. Open up Chrome on your computer, completely close it and start it again after a while. Does it start faster than the first time? Yes. Why? It's loaded into RAM, which is much faster than the internal/eksternal SD.

zen0s

Mar 24, 2012
MD
Is it just me or copy paste and bringing up clipboard is bit confusing? I only see paste option :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Having problems with ics. Phone now cannot lock when pressing the power button. Already did a factory reset and reflash via pc odin. Any help here?

- Download "Terminal Emulator" app from market
    - open it
    - type into the command:
    su
    echo -n ON > /efs/imei/keystr
    sync
    Go to home, force close your terminal app, shut your screen off, and when your turn it back on your lock screen should be there.

Obviously you must be rooted the "su" command.
    REALLY REALLY bad news here. i installed it, everything went fine, all apps work, no crashing, seems stable. but after finally being done playing around and getting everything set up i put the phone down and watched some tv, fell asleep. and then..

beep beep.

why is my phone alerting me? low battery.. WTF? its only been on a few hours.

i load up better battery stats and theres a partial wakelock on "AudioOut_1". its been on for a solid 2.5 hours, phone hasnt gone to sleep at all.

is there any way this could be due to apex launcher? it was one of the later things i installed. ill reboot the phone and see if its still got the wakelock from the getgo or if its after starting something specific.

sigh.

AudioOut_1" is a Wakelock that is basically a kernel process that funnels data from audio apps to the audio hardware. It's what processes audio from say, Pandora or Slacker Radio, and passes it to the phone's audio hardware.

Go to > Settings > Sound
    Uncheck these options:

"Keytones"
    "Touch sounds"
    "Screen lock sound"

That should do it.
    How to enable gpu rendering with animations at 0.5x ? Where do I find this option ?

settings> developer options....
    Overall experience is very good , fast and very good battery life !

I have however a little "issue" , the gps precision is down to 8 m with 15/18 sattelites ...
    I had 5 m with GB ! (tested with google maps and GPS Test)

Do you have the same thing ?

Thanks
    The lock time is impressive tough :)

Edit the gps.conf file (/etc/gps.conf) and change the ntp server to your country.

Look up your country here: http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/
    Loving the ICS release except for one thing.....

I toggle silent/vibrate on and off quite a lot. When I do this, using the long-press power-button menu, some wonderful person has decided that I am so clueless, I need a confirmation dialogue box.

"Warning! Silent mode will be enabled OK/Cancel"

Gasp! Really!?!?! I had no idea that would happen when I purposely held down the power button and then with delicate intent selected the desired silent-mode function.

Just. Wow. It's supposed to be a shortcut, and Samsung just ruined it. Of course, I flashed completely stock without root, so I'm probably stuck with this until somebody figures out how to root this stock ICS release. (Maybe they have already, I'll do a search).

It's a small complaint to most people, but I toggle silent on and off many times a day. This is a huge annoyance. I'll see if there are any lockscreen toggles I can get - actually, EVERY single android release or skin should have silent/vibrate toggle on the lock screen, as it was in the earlier android releases. Motorola seems to be the only one who realises this. Sheesh....