[ROOT] [How To] Root Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD Version 7.4.7

In Your Opinion, The Instructions Were Easy?

• Total voters
Search This thread

theomega76

Jan 24, 2010
No one has really answered this yet, will this work with older Fire's, e.g. the 5th gen running OS 5.6.0.0? Can someone please answer this before i do something that might ruin my fire.

kgirlx

Nov 26, 2010
I just ran this. V36 of the tool. First tried option 1 then 5. Then it worked. No SuperSu showed up in apps but when i downloaded rootchecker app it was rooted. Installed a root file explorer and SuperSu apk to install SuperSu app manually. v7.5.1. Now onto TWRP and a stock ROM to debloat this old thing. Thanks all.

eggwardo

Mar 12, 2012
No one has really answered this yet, will this work with older Fire's, e.g. the 5th gen running OS 5.6.0.0? Can someone please answer this before i do something that might ruin my fire.

Did you figure this out? I too am going to root my 5th gen 5.6.0.0 and am looking for the right tool. I just started looking a few minutes ago and I haven't rooted anything in years so I'm a bit out of the loop

I think i might just try this. But if you found something better let me know.

If you want you can PM me and we can share notes on there so we don't clutter this up.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Is this thread dead?

If not....
The links for the drivers (step 4) are both broken.
thanks

and, if anyone knows, where do i find out what tool is best for rooting my 5th gen version 5.6.0.0 fire?

edit: didn't mean for this bottom part to be a reply. I did a double post and it grouped them

theomega76

Jan 24, 2010
ehhhhh, i don't wanna push my luck unless i'm sure

Okay here's what i KNOW. The whole reason i originally looked into rooting a while back (other than the obvious being the google play store and the endless apps) was because when you install something from the play store vs the amazon appstore it can only install to the actual internal memory which is very limited. So in order to install to the SD card i managed to find something called Link2SD that basically set up a partition on your SD card and allowed your fire to view it like it was just another part of internal memory. Thus allowing you to install apps to you SD card. HOWEVER........... in order to do this your device needs to have sudo permissions i.e. rooted. However, LITERALLY, only one week earlier amazon with their god damn piece of **** ****ing OTA updates, updated my OS and i was one week late being able to root my device.

I asked back then basically what it all meant and someone replied and pretty much said somewhere after 5.3'ish you are just S.O.L and it couldn't be rooted. Naturally this pissed me off, especially since if i had checked only one week earlier i woulda caught it in time. Eventually i just let it go, but i have checked it ocasionally from time to time. BUT, as far as i know, i haven't definitively heard anything specific about being able to root devices with OS higher than 5.3 or whatever it was. And because i know you can brick you device if you do something wrong when trying to root it, i haven't wanted to make a move until someone who really knows what they are talking about either says, "No, those OS versions still can't be rooted" or "Yes, you can root 5.6 OS, using [insert rooting method]"

Did you figure this out? I too am going to root my 5th gen 5.6.0.0 and am looking for the right tool. I just started looking a few minutes ago and I haven't rooted anything in years so I'm a bit out of the loop

I think i might just try this. But if you found something better let me know.

If you want you can PM me and we can share notes on there so we don't clutter this up.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Is this thread dead?

If not....
The links for the drivers (step 4) are both broken.
thanks

and, if anyone knows, where do i find out what tool is best for rooting my 5th gen version 5.6.0.0 fire?

edit: didn't mean for this bottom part to be a reply. I did a double post and it grouped them

eggwardo

Mar 12, 2012
I just ran this. V36 of the tool. First tried option 1 then 5. Then it worked. No SuperSu showed up in apps but when i downloaded rootchecker app it was rooted. Installed a root file explorer and SuperSu apk to install SuperSu app manually. v7.5.1. Now onto TWRP and a stock ROM to debloat this old thing. Thanks all.

Where did you get the drivers for this? The links on the OP aren't working.

Also, do you know what gen device and what version you were on before you did this? Unclear if it was 7.5.1 before, after or both.

thanks for any help. I'm a bit lost on this one.

kgirlx

Nov 26, 2010
Where did you get the drivers for this? The links on the OP aren't working.

Also, do you know what gen device and what version you were on before you did this? Unclear if it was 7.5.1 before, after or both.

thanks for any help. I'm a bit lost on this one.
I had to do a google search for the drivers. the kindle was a 7 inch kindle fire hd 2012. it was on 7.5.1 when i started. which is what Amazon updated it to way back when.

Links are dead..

Links listed herein are not working any longer

I'll Show You How To Root Your Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD In Version 7.4.7 (This Also Works For Older Versions) With The Bin4ry Method.

Step By Step Instructions:

- Step 1: Download The View attachment 2476937.

- Step 2: Extract The File.

- Step 3: This Step Is Very Important. Uninstall Any Drivers You Have For The Kindle Fire HD. Connect Your Kindle To The PC Via USB. Press The Windows Start Button And Search "Device Manager" Go to >Portable Devices. "Right Click" On Kindle And Choose "Properties". Go to "Driver" and Click "Uninstall". Then Unplug the Kindle From the PC.

- Step 4: Now Download And Install Kindle Fire ADB Drivers. (Dropox Link) (Google Drive Link)

- Step 5: Now On your Kindle Fire HD Go To "Settings" Then >Security. Mark "Enable ADB" - ON.
View attachment 2095941

- Step 6: Connect The Kindle Fire HD To The PC Via USB. Wait Till Automatic Installation Completes And Kindle is Recognized.

- Step 7: Navigate To The Folder Where You Extracted The Bin4ry Method And "Double Click" the "RunMe.bat" File And Choose Option 1.
View attachment 2118382

- Step 8: On The Kindle Fire HD Select The Option "Backup My Data" And Wait Till The Backup Completes (When The Backup Completes, On The Computer Press Any Key). Then Select The Option "Restore My Data" (This Will Not Erase Any Data Or Files) And Wait Till The Restore Completes (When The Restore Completes, On The Computer Press Any Key).
View attachment 2095943 View attachment 2095944

- Step 9: Your Device Will Reboot. When The Kindle Boot The First Time (It Will Be Sluggish), Unlock It And Wait The Other Reboot.

- Step 10: When Your Device Boot Select Select The Option "Restore My Data" Once Again (This Will Not Erase Any Data Or Files) And Wait Till The Restore Completes (When The Restore Completes, On The Computer Press Any Key). Your Device Will Reboot Once Again.
View attachment 2095944

- Step 11: When Your Device Boot, Unlock Your Device And Go To "Apps Drawer", You Should See The "Superuser" App.
View attachment 2095946

You're Done!
Now Your Amazon Kindle Fire HD Has Root Access.

Reactions: TECHNOFAB_11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll Show You How To Root Your Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD In Version 7.4.7 (This Also Works For Older Versions) With The Bin4ry Method.

- Step 1: Download The View attachment Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v33.zip.

- Step 3: This Step Is Very Important. Uninstall Any Drivers You Have For The Kindle Fire HD. Connect Your Kindle To The PC Via USB. Press The Windows Start Button And Search "Device Manager" Go to >Portable Devices. "Right Click" On Kindle And Choose "Properties". Go to "Driver" and Click "Uninstall". Then Unplug the Kindle From the PC.

- Step 4: Now Download And Install Kindle Fire ADB Drivers. (Dropox Link) (Google Drive Link)

- Step 5: Now On your Kindle Fire HD Go To "Settings" Then >Security. Mark "Enable ADB" - ON.
    Screenshot_2013-07-05-00-01-47.jpg

- Step 6: Connect The Kindle Fire HD To The PC Via USB. Wait Till Automatic Installation Completes And Kindle is Recognized.

- Step 7: Navigate To The Folder Where You Extracted The Bin4ry Method And "Double Click" the "RunMe.bat" File And Choose Option 1.
    View attachment 2118382

- Step 8: On The Kindle Fire HD Select The Option "Backup My Data" And Wait Till The Backup Completes (When The Backup Completes, On The Computer Press Any Key). Then Select The Option "Restore My Data" (This Will Not Erase Any Data Or Files) And Wait Till The Restore Completes (When The Restore Completes, On The Computer Press Any Key).
    Screenshot_2013-07-05-00-55-07.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-05-00-55-51.jpg

- Step 9: Your Device Will Reboot. When The Kindle Boot The First Time (It Will Be Sluggish), Unlock It And Wait The Other Reboot.

- Step 10: When Your Device Boot Select Select The Option "Restore My Data" Once Again (This Will Not Erase Any Data Or Files) And Wait Till The Restore Completes (When The Restore Completes, On The Computer Press Any Key). Your Device Will Reboot Once Again.
    Screenshot_2013-07-05-00-55-51.jpg

- Step 11: When Your Device Boot, Unlock Your Device And Go To "Apps Drawer", You Should See The "Superuser" App.
    Screenshot_2013-07-05-00-54-42.jpg

You're Done!
    #su here!

Thanks it worked like a charm...Next Step!!
    Bit of a noob when it comes to the Kindle Fire. Not trying to flash a full rom or anything, just want to achieve root.

Have looked at a few others that were for the OS 7.4.3 both the Bin4ary method and the thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2096888. The device updated itself to 7.4.6 using OTA just the other night and is currently running that.

Using Windows 7 (64bit) I have started with as clean a slate as I know how and followed the steps listed below.

1. I downloaded the files in Step 1.

2. Extracted the files.

3. I've removed any Kindle drivers both from the Device Manager as well as the Programs & Features found in the Control Panel. I've actually tried this twice with the Kindle connected, and with the Kindle disconnected. Both resulting with no Kindle drivers showing.

4. The dropbox link is broken, but I was able to download the KindleDrivers.exe from the Google Drive link and install them.

5. Kindle was already set with ADB Enabled from previous attempts.

6. Kindle connected, shows under Portable Devices - I have noticed others saying that it should have it's own actual Kindle Fire listing in the devices and not be a subsection of Portable Devices. This method mentions nothing of that really so I continued to the next step.

7. This is where it stops. Runme.bat loads fine and I chose Option 1, and then it just sits there with "Please connect Device with USB-Debugging to your computer" and that's it. The Kindle connects, shows in both Device Manager and Explorer. I can technically browse the Kindles file structure on the PC in Explorer.

Step 8 says to select the option "Backup My Data" - but I cannot find any option to backup the device as shown in the screens. The only "backup" option that shows is to sync it to the cloud. Where is this option to be found or have I missed a step that would have included this option somewhere?

I should note that running "adb devices" from a command line loads the ADB daemon and lists no devices connected before putting me back at a C:\ prompt. I had downloaded the full ADB SDK with all tools etc. from the Android development site.

As others have gotten this to work in 5minutes with minimal hair pulling, I am confused as to which point I'm going wrong.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

You Can Root Your Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD In Version 7.4.6 With The Bin4ry Method.

- Step 1: Download The View attachment 2092604.

View attachment 2095941

View attachment 2118382

- Step 9: Your Device Will Reboot 2 Times.

View attachment 2095944

View attachment 2095946

You're Done!
    It's Safe

Yeah It's Safe. Use The Las Version Of The Bin4ry Method
    Links are dead..

Links listed herein are not working any longer

- Step 1: Download The View attachment 2476937.

View attachment 2095941

View attachment 2118382

View attachment 2095944

View attachment 2095946

You're Done!