CWM Assistance SGH-T849

Search This thread

Ishbale

Dec 20, 2011
So i got my hands on an old Samsung Galaxy Tab Tmobile SGH-T849 and I am having issues finding out how to flash CWM onto it and the one reference to do this on xda has broken links so is there anywhere else that has what I need the Android OS is Froyo.

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
You can use the Overcome method. The link is in my signature.

Basically:
- because you are on Froyo, you need to check if you have a locked bootloader (GB has no such issue).
- you need to first root your tab, (I used z4root), then install the bootloader checker to check if you are affected.
If you do have locked bootloader, then patch it.
(All of these are also in the Overcome PDF guide)
- Once you know you do not have a locked bootloader, download GB-stock-safe-v5, and Overcome Kernel v4 tar file.
The GB-stock-safe-v5 have Odin and windows driver and everything you need.
Use it according to the guide, to flash a baseline GB stock rom.
The continue with the guide to flash overcome kernel 4.0

At that point, you have CWM as it is part of the overcome kernel. (You don't have to continue with the guide on flashing overcome ROM. It is not needed at all).

So go ahead. Don't rush. Root and check bootloader, then read the guide many times.

Reactions: Ishbale

Ishbale

Dec 20, 2011

Basically:
- because you are on Froyo, you need to check if you have a locked bootloader (GB has no such issue).
- you need to first root your tab, (I used z4root), then install the bootloader checker to check if you are affected.
- Once you know you do not have a locked bootloader, download GB-stock-safe-v5, and Overcome Kernel v4 tar file.

At that point, you have CWM as it is part of the overcome kernel. (You don't have to continue with the guide on flashing overcome ROM. It is not needed at all).

So go ahead. Don't rush. Root and check bootloader, then read the guide many times.

Thank you very much I will look into it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Basically: