[ROM] The Dude's Cupcake1.3RC2 [AOSP + ADP1.5] [2009-06-19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Daley87

Apr 30, 2009
Bolton
ringtones

Hate to sound stupid, just flashed newest build (my first dude build) and I have 1 ringtone and 1 notification, I also downloaded the resources.zip file and noticed the other ringtones were in there. How do I install them onto my phone, is it a simple case of dragging them onto the root of the card or do I have to do something more? Cheers.

bhilgeman

Apr 21, 2009
South Cackalacky

pr0cl1v1ty

Jan 27, 2008
College Station, TX
application problem

Hey, I've had the 1.3 rc1 for idk about 1 -2 weeks and it was all pretty good until yesterday

I haven't done anything to the phone.... I just randomly unlock my phone and see that all the applications are gone in the list , also on my desktop the gray gear icon is there. I have tried restarting phone and pulling out my sd card no go

Anyone know a answer?

alritewhadeva

Mar 26, 2009
Hey, I've had the 1.3 rc1 for idk about 1 -2 weeks and it was all pretty good until yesterday

I haven't done anything to the phone.... I just randomly unlock my phone and see that all the applications are gone in the list , also on my desktop the gray gear icon is there. I have tried restarting phone and pulling out my sd card no go

Anyone know a answer?

Could be a permissions issue, try running fix_permissions from recovery console. If that doesn't work, you might have to reformat your EXT partition. This happens to me alot on CM's build. YOu might also want to try reflashing the latest dude build (1.3RC1)

TheDudeOfLife

Jul 21, 2008
Chicago
thedudesandroid.com
well let's take a moment here. he suggested using search, which was probably a good idea. heres my suggestion: check page one. theres a specific addition to 1.3 that has to do with volume (i'll give you a hint: meltus made it). perhaps going down that route (hint: the answer can also be found in my signature) will find you an answer. (complete with instructions too!)

I get your point runkpocker, but after reading through the last few pages, I can tell you that those of us who have been avidly following and bugreporting this rom with dude since way back are REALLY tired of answering the same questions a thousand times. In the past week alone, I have given the same answers to the same set of questions at least 10 times, go check my previous posts. it gets old. people need to search instead of just clicking "last page" and posting their issue.

bhilgeman was right. for any and all issues, I'll post this yet again:
IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE, ANY ISSUE AND HAVE NOT TRIED THE FOLLOWING, DO NOT POST.
1. wipe-flash-wipe
2. reset ALL settings to default.
3. alt+x and fix permissions.
4. upgrade_fs
5. installed PROPER VOLUME FILES TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS.
6. run appstosd2 AFTER flashing to check your data/dalvik statuses
7. read the last 10 pages of this thread for the answer to your problem.
8. run a search for your problem.
9. tried ALL possible solutions you found (not just one, tried ADB and Terminal variations as well)

I'm reposting this because I agree with bhilgeman.

YOU GUYS NEED TO USE YOUR HEADS FOR MORE THAN A HAT RACK.

23 pages in a few days?

Those that have been around for a while...you know this isn't directed towards you. Thanks for helping each other out.

I'm off to work on my rogers rom for a few days....gonna release RC2 later today once I get the bluetooth fix in there.

obijohn

Nov 3, 2008
Another thing I notice that hasn't been brought up is that the new camera and camcorder don't save the photos to the default location. I know this might not seem like a problem, but older pictures come up under "All Camera Pictures", and new ones don't. Is there a way to change this? Thanks!

Actually in the Gallery app they do show up under "All Pictures" (and "100MEDIA" as well) just not "Camera Pictures". They are stored in /sdcard/dcim/100MEDIA whereas the original camera stored them in /sdcard/dcim/Camera. There is no setting that I can find to change the default folder in the Camera app. And since that folder is on the fat32 partition of the sd card it isn't possible to use symlinks to "solve" it either.

One solution is to just move all the pics from /sdcard/dcim/Camera to /sdcard/dcim/100MEDIA so that all your camera pics are in the same folder. You just need to remember that in the Gallery app they will be under "All Pictures" and "100MEDIA", not "Camera Pictures".

Bavilo

Apr 20, 2009
Marburg
I'm reposting this because I agree with bhilgeman.

YOU GUYS NEED TO USE YOUR HEADS FOR MORE THAN A HAT RACK.

23 pages in a few days?

Those that have been around for a while...you know this isn't directed towards you. Thanks for helping each other out.

I'm off to work on my rogers rom for a few days....gonna release RC2 later today once I get the bluetooth fix in there.

Hey Dude,

Nice to know that you are working on a new rom!

I opened a thread a while ago about the new spl and how it affects the system. But sadly it got closed down...for whatever reason.
It seems that the new spl permanently locks the hardware keyboard as well as the virtual keyboard to English (QWERTY). So if you're in a country that uses QWERTZ or anything different you're out of luck.

I just wanted to make you aware of it, maybe you could take a look at that.
Would be a nice addition to your rom if you could fix this somehow!

Thanks

Last edited:

qratz

May 14, 2009
ext3 partition becomes read-only after a while

Hi everyone,

i've been running 1.3RC1 for a week now and while basically everything runs fine i discovered one issue. My EXT3 partition works fine after booting. But after some time (seems quite random) it turns read-only which causes quite some problems:
No more installing/removing of apps
dalvik-cache can't be written anymore
After this happend i can't remount /system/sd read/write. Unmounting also fails. So only a reboot helps. I do think that some filesystem error occurs when the device is suspending or waking up from a suspend. I attached a part of a dmesg where the FS-Error occurs

Any idea what the source of this problem is? Currently, i'm using a Transcend Class6 4GB card (3,5 GB FAT32, rest EXT3). The card was formatted with gparted. I will get a second card to rule out a defective MicroSD.

Attachments

• dmesg.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 5

mrmonto

May 7, 2009
Audio Issue while listening to music via WIRED headphones and getting a notification

Update: No luck with V3 for fixing audio issues while listening to music and getting a notification with Dude1.3RC1. Even though another user has confirmed it resolved it on his end. I ran the following commands and didn't get any errors.

su
mount -o, rw,remount /sytem
cp /sdcard/tmp/*.csv /system/etc
mount -o ro,remount /system

then I rebooted

Based on this post:

http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=439

Looks like it was successful because the file sizes changed after the push. Any ideas? I was thinking of getting the csv files from 1.2b(work fine) and pushing them to 1.3RC1...good idea?

kalinatek

Jun 12, 2009
I understand the on screen keyboard is part of 1.5 vanilla, but I'm running The Dude's and I love it. My one problem with the onscreen keyboard is that when sending SMS using the on screen keyboard landscape, the charater counter doesn't come up when I'm approaching the length of two messages. It comes up using the onscreen keyboard portrait of course, you know when there are about 10 characters left until the text turns in to two texts, but not when using the keyboard landscape.

Is there any way that this part of the keyboard could be modded so that the character count shows up landscape, too?

alritewhadeva

Mar 26, 2009
This isn't a DudeCupcake specific problem. It's a VK problem, you'll have to take it up somewhere else. Look in the Dream Themes& Wallpapers section. There's a section there pertaining to VK's. I've never been a fan of the android virtual keyboard. Much rather prefer the hard ware keyboard IMHO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Force closes

I have the upgraded to the 1.5 software and when i press the phone button to make a call, answer a call, access my contacts i get a force close every time is there anything i can do besides downgrade?